• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] I just built an all DGA bag

Peterb

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
- D line Reef
- Pro line Breaker
- SP line Squall
- Pro line Aftershock
- SP line Aftershock
- Pro line Shockwave
- Pro line Tsunami
- Pro line Undertow
- Pro line Hurricane
- SP line Hurricane

Looking forward to dominating on the course with this short bag...I feel pretty good about it. Anyone see any DGA plastic I must have to complete this?

add a proline rogue and a riptide (OOP) if you can find one. the rogue will compliment the hurricanes and be like a longer undretow, and the riptide will fit right between the undertow and tsunami giving you a nice stable control driver.

good suggestion...what they really need is a true fairway driver. The squall is kind of like one, but I don't get quite the distance I want with it as opposed to say a teebird.

the tsunami beat in to make very teebird like disc. The squall may be the most under rated disc out there.

I really dig the breaker so far. Very easy to throw, and very stable and reliable. The reef is a pleasant surpirse. It is very thin which differentiates it from a lot of putters I've used. Easy to fit into my hand and easy pop from 25' and in for those reliable push putts. Nice for driving too as it is easy to hyzer-flip for decent distance and control off the tee.

I think the SP Undertow is way better than the Proline version. Same with Squall. As money 21 said, Tsunami will be your control fairway driver. Try a D-line Tsunami while you're waiting for your Proline to season. Also, Proline Titanic makes for a great floaty upshot putter that can handle a little headwind. It will be a great complement to your Reef. I have 2 that feel like ESP FLX. Although I have 3, I don't find much use for the Rogue. Maybe it's because I have 8 Hurricanes that are all over the place in terms of stability.

So, I would add an SP Undertow and a Proline Titanic for sure.

I would add an SP Tsunami for firebird type shots, and beat the some fade out of the Proline one. They get to a really nice straight stability.

I've felt up several SP Reefs and have 1. The plastic is too stiff and slick for my preference. It does not feel the same in the hand a D-line either. I'd go for a Proline or Sp Flex if they are ever produced.

I think the SP Undertow is way better than the Proline version. Same with Squall. As money 21 said, Tsunami will be your control fairway driver. Try a D-line Tsunami while you're waiting for your Proline to season. Also, Proline Titanic makes for a great floaty upshot putter that can handle a little headwind. It will be a great complement to your Reef. I have 2 that feel like ESP FLX. Although I have 3, I don't find much use for the Rogue. Maybe it's because I have 8 Hurricanes that are all over the place in terms of stability.

So, I would add an SP Undertow and a Proline Titanic for sure.

i agree that beat hurricane could push the rogue out of the bag but until they are beat you need the understable driver.

I'm doing the same thing this yr. Mostly b/c I love Proline plastic. FYI: DGA is discontinuing the Riptide and Shockwave. They say SP is more stable. The First Flight Undertow is a less stable version of the Undertow. (I really need 1st run clarification. Previously thought all 1st runs were more stable)
My plan is getting my favorite molds in different wts. I thought about getting different plastics, but I want consistency. Agreed on the Aftershock. Awesome disc! I have a 169 and I'm ordering a 179. I've heard great things about their new Breaker. Suppost to be a tweener approach. My 168 Undertow (FF) is my turning driver. Amazing control and minimal fade. Im getting a 175 ( non FF) in the hopes it will replace my Leopard.

I'm doing the same thing this yr. Mostly b/c I love Proline plastic. FYI: DGA is discontinuing the Riptide and Shockwave. They say SP is more stable. The First Flight Undertow is a less stable version of the Undertow. (I really need 1st run clarification. Previously thought all 1st runs were more stable)
My plan is getting my favorite molds in different wts. I thought about getting different plastics, but I want consistency. Agreed on the Aftershock. Awesome disc! I have a 169 and I'm ordering a 179. I've heard great things about their new Breaker. Suppost to be a tweener approach. My 168 Undertow (FF) is my turning driver. Amazing control and minimal fade. Im getting a 175 ( non FF) in the hopes it will replace my Leopard.

The Riptide has been discontinued for awhile actually, but you are right about the Shockwave. You are also right in that SP is generally more overstable than Proline, but the recent run of Proline Hurricanes are really beefy. I'm loving the one I have now, and plan on going by the warehouse soon to get a few more.

Declarkus, I think you will be missing out by not trying the SP plastic, especially Squall and Undertow.

Ghost, do you have any First Flight Hurricanes? Can you provide a verbal description of how they are physically different from the production run?