• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I never thought this could happen

Jungle Tim

Birdie Member
You hear alot of talk about how the greatest and latest super crazy mega fast driver has instantly put another 1000ft on your drives.... Having thrown the Boss, Force + Destroyer I know that in my case this is not true.

But I bought a Nuke yesterday, for ref I throw about 330-350 with a z surge. One throw I had with the nuke was about 415ft, every time i threw it against the surge it would out fly it by quite a margine, certainly an added 40ft to my drives. Really quite remarkable.

I went on to set the my PB record of a 998 rated -5, with alot of help from a soft focus too....

Any one else had this experience?

I haven't seen something that drastic but there have been a couple of times when, on the first few throws, I've felt that I've found something special. IOW this disc + my throwing style = SWEET.

It was like that when I first threw a Polaris. I purposely threw it on a hole that required a long gentle anny and was just blown away by what had just happened.

Congrats. It looks like you've come across the same type of thing. :D

My first few rounds witha Wizard were like that. I was making putts from much farther out than I ever had before. And I was much more consistent. But over time I have found that even lowly me can screw up a Wizard, and have a bad putting day. A disc can help, but you're still the one doing the throwing. In order to hit those distances you have to have some decent form and mechanics. It probably had as much to do with your 3.7 years of playing and countless rounds than it did the disc. Give yourself some of the credit.

I can throw some 13 speed discs about 25' farther than my slower discs. But I don't use them on the course unless it is pretty open and I have a chance at a birdie.

My buddy got a Nuke and I couldn't believe the amount of distance (20-40') it added to his throws...

I just looked up that disc, and from the numbers it seems like a faster Wraith.

I don't have the fastest arm, but picked up a Nuke last month. I have found that I have to start it on an anny line, but when thrown well, it out-drives my longest by 40 feet or so. I am no where near comfortable enough with it to use as my go to driver. But if the fairway is wide open, and can handle a hard turn left at the end, I usually let it rip.

:clap:

My first few rounds witha Wizard were like that. I was making putts from much farther out than I ever had before. And I was much more consistent. But over time I have found that even lowly me can screw up a Wizard, and have a bad putting day. A disc can help, but you're still the one doing the throwing. In order to hit those distances you have to have some decent form and mechanics. It probably had as much to do with your 3.7 years of playing and countless rounds than it did the disc. Give yourself some of the credit.

I used to be a horrible putter, but Dave Feldbergs push putting video has helped me immensly. Your quite right the player not the disc should really be to blame, but thats why i was so supprised with the results from the Nuke, I throw it the same way I throw my surge, same power same tech, same me. And I get more, I guess it flies more efficiently than other moulds.

Latest posts