• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] I only throw one vibram mold bought a backup but its like a different disc

twistedmangled

Par Member
So I only throw one Vibram disc the IBEX and its a great disc the straightest disc in my bag. The only reason that I got it was because I played in a birdie bash. I have an Xlink firm and got it about 5 years ago? So with Vibram announcing that they are done with disc golf I thought that it would be a good idea to purchase a back up. So i did. I don't follow vibram at all and am certainly not a fan of any of their stuff but I was surprised at how different the new IBEX I got is... I have not had a chance to throw it yet but its very different. For starters the mold is different it has different flight info on the bottom of the disc and second the rubber is way more flexible and the flight plate does not seem to be as thick? Frankly I'm a little disappointed because it just feels so different and like I said I still have not thrown it but really doubt it will fly the same? Whats the deal with the change?

sounds like you got a medium. should fly pretty similar, but the feel will be different, which may affect your throw.

The new one will almost certainly fly a little more stable than the old one. My experience is that Xlink Firm beats in quite a bit faster than medium or soft (because it has a higher concentration of plastic vs rubber). A 5 year old firm has almost certainly beat in a bit if you use it regularly. The new one will probably be more stable and have less glide, and because it's a medium (or a soft), it will probably take a while to beat into the same flight as the old one, but once it's there it will last a long time as well.

I didn't look at the numbers but the whole stamp that is built into the mold is different.

Ah, they did switch from the confusing left and right arrows that used their own rating system, to the flight line (for a RHBH LHFH thrower). Maybe the retooling changed the flight? Haven't tried them both.

Old left, new right

Attachments

• P1020109-500x411.jpg
    P1020109-500x411.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts