• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I suck, but less this time... before and after!

Speedly

Birdie Member
Hey, all. I posted a video some time back of my awful form. For comparison's sake, here's the videos I posted last time.

These were all recorded with a crappy cellphone camera. The wind in the second set of videos is really loud - it was really howling that day.

Before!

Down the line, part 1:

Down the line, part 2:

Side view:

Check out those tyrannosaurus arms! :p

After!

Down the line:

I think it's clear that I threw this one with nose up, but I decided to use it because it felt as close to a typical throw as I could do for the camera. I do not normally send shots sky-high, they normally stay within 20 feet of the ground unless I'm throwing tomahawks or trying to get over stuff. The headwind didn't help much here with the nose-up, as you can see. I was trying to throw it as hard as I could, for the record.

Side view:

A shorter throw, although basically a throw made with power in mind. I can throw my Vector farther, but I generally don't throw my mids as absolutely hard as I can. This one was a Vector, ended up about 10' from a 250' pin.

No more tyrannosaurus arms though!

I normally get about 300'-330' on power drives, but if I really remember to try to use my body, I can throw 350'. It's hardly what I would call reliable, though. The max throws stated above are typically made with speed 9 discs.

I welcome any positive, objective criticism! (I say 'objective,' because one of the things I hate is when people post videos and just say, 'your timing is wrong,' and then leave it at that. If something is wrong, please tell me how it's wrong, or I can't use it to improve! :) )

My goal here is to increase my distance potential. I generally do not suffer from accuracy issues, but if you see anything glaring that would affect accuracy, I welcome that input as well.

Thank you in advance for your time!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, for sh*ts and giggles!

Here's an outtake:

And one of our little club's major players. This guy throws it around his body like a frisbee, looks like he puts no effort into it, and throws 400' or more. Crazy:

Yes slowing down would help. You are swinging before your spine/weight transfers to a braced front side, so your core coil/leverage is cooked.