• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ice Bowl Winnings

I took second place in the Masters division at the Kinston, NC Ice Bowl 1/16. Won a sweet Ice Bowl bag tag (color Ice Bowl logo on one side, engraved on the other) and a $10 gift certificate to a Kinston pub. Also took a CTP for a RoadRunner and a water bottle. Players pack had nested Ice Bowl minis and choice of an Ice Bowl stamped Roc or Aviar (Roc for me).

Saw a wee bit of ice in a shady spot in the woods, but it warmed up to be a nice day for discing. Good times.

Wasn't sure what division I was in because the used colors instead of names, but I think it was equal to Intermediate. I was in a 3 way tie for 1rst place. We all shot -4 . I won a Innova Calendar, and a Aviar with an Ice Bowl stamp. There was a Ice Bowl Buzz up for grabs and me and the other guys that got first place flipped a coin for it. I lost. Oh well, I wouldn't have thrown it anyway. That's the first time I have ever gotten first place. My avair is hanging on the wall.

I also got a SOLS and a Star FL in the raffle.

Mt Kisco NY, Leonard Park, Jan 9th........... 1st place Adv Masters

Got a hoodie, dry fit shirt and a disc...... Also was a NEFA sanctioned event so I start off the points season with a win!

First round I got grouped up with 1030 rated player Steve Brinster and witnessed him tear up the course shooting a 46 (to my 62) and then he followed it up with a second round 48 to win by 12 STROKES !!!

Last edited:
1st place in the Intermediate division at Kinston Ice Bowl (Jan 16th).
I won a nice bag tag and a $20 gift certificate to 109 - which I believe is a pub in Kinston.

Mt Kisco NY, Leonard Park, Jan 9th........... 1st place Adv Masters

Got a hoodie, dry fit shirt and a disc...... Also was a NEFA sanctioned event so I start off the points season with a win!

First round I got grouped up with 1030 rated player Steve Brinster and witnessed him tear up the course shooting a 46 (to my 62) and then he followed it up with a second round 48 to win by 12 STROKES !!!

what division did he play?

Tied for third in Rec at Schenley this weekend with a 61 I think. I had a good time, but made a bunch of stupid mistakes. I should play there more often. It is a weak course, but exposes some flaws that the other places I play don't. Got a cool towel.

It was a lot of fun...and about fifty degrees apparently, LOL. Some Ice Bowl!

what division did he play?

Open. Here's the top 10.....

MPO 1 Steve Brinster 46 48 94
MPO 2 Bobby Cowperthwait 52 54 106 (1020 rated)
MPO 3 Bard Soleng 57 51 108 (1007 Rated)
MPO 3 Craig Cutler 56 52 108
MPO 5 Aaron Ala 62 50 112
MPO 6 Adam Goodman 59 54 113
MPO 7 Jasin Bayer 55 59 114
MPO 8 Scott Howard 65 50 115
MPO 9 Matt Buomo 62 55 117
MPO 9 Jeff Cahill 57 60 117

In case you're wondering, my 119 would've put me in 11th. Pretty damn good IMO agaisnt some of New England top pros.

MM1 1 Jeff Wiechowski 62 57 119
MM1 2 Brad Dahle 64 60 124
MM1 3 Gary Mason 63 63 126
MM1 4 Craig Abbott 69 61 130
MM1 5 John Hopkins 65 66 131

I'd love to play the Ice Bowl this weekend by me. South Mountain in Bethlehem PA.

Weather is calling for snow showers, and a temp around 32. Although I have played in the snow before, I'm not looking to get sick and might be a game time decision.

I didn't even know they still had a rec division? When I first started I was told that the lowest anyone should ever play is intermediate...

Ah, got it. You gonna be out Kisco way in the near future? Tryin' to find a time where Steve and I are both free to play Kisco, you should come out.

I'd love to play the Ice Bowl this weekend by me. South Mountain in Bethlehem PA.

Weather is calling for snow showers, and a temp around 32. Although I have played in the snow before, I'm not looking to get sick and might be a game time decision.

I'm really hoping I can get out for this. Every chance I've had at playing in any kind of tourney has gone down the crapper and I'm really looking forward to this. I fully expect to win nothing. If I come in anything other than last place, I'll consider the experience a win.

Kwick - hit me up the night before if you're planning on going.

that sounds so freaking awesome. oh well maybe next year.

Your group missed the Ring of Ice by a half hour or more. My group was the first off the hill at 3:30, other groups straggling in until 4:15 when the Ring of Ice happened. They tried to wait but guys were getting impatient.

The first group to go was the AM2s. 30 discs went in to the air and exactly one made it in the basket on the first shot. Game over.

And, to answer the original question, I came in 16 out of 30 in AM2. One stroke away from winning $7.

MEOW;)No whimps No Whiners!!

I didn't even know they still had a rec division? When I first started I was told that the lowest anyone should ever play is intermediate...

PDGA also has now an AM4 novice below rec

Last edited:
Dang, alright. Well I'll definitely be at Fools Fest.
Sorry for the threadjack!

Sorry to continue the threadjack. You and Solomon join NEFA? Fool's fest will be double points.
Oh just noticed your from rochester nefa tourneys may be a bit far. But Solomon should join.

Last edited:

Latest posts