• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ice Bowl Winnings

SORRY for the triple post Editing for only 5 mins is a Pain.

NEFA <-wanted to insert this link.

Well I go to school in White Plains, NY, so I'm around for a good 7 to 8 months. If I was down this way in the summer I'd join NEFA, but unfortunately, I am not.

Your group missed the Ring of Ice by a half hour or more. My group was the first off the hill at 3:30, other groups straggling in until 4:15 when the Ring of Ice happened. They tried to wait but guys were getting impatient.

The first group to go was the AM2s. 30 discs went in to the air and exactly one made it in the basket on the first shot. Game over.

And, to answer the original question, I came in 16 out of 30 in AM2. One stroke away from winning $7.

wow i guess that what you get when all the rec players are on one card:thmbdown:

wow i guess that what you get when all the rec players are on one card:thmbdown:

How many of you were there? Around here the rec guys tend to play way faster than the more "serious" players. If they put more than five of you together, that's sucky.

I'm really hoping I can get out for this. Every chance I've had at playing in any kind of tourney has gone down the crapper and I'm really looking forward to this. I fully expect to win nothing. If I come in anything other than last place, I'll consider the experience a win.

Kwick - hit me up the night before if you're planning on going.

I definitley want to go. I played it yesterday as a warmup and played fine, although playing in the wet slick snow is a whole other ballgame.

My main concern ("whine") is being an hour away, my Scion TC isn't good in the snow, so I don't want to screw myself in terrible weather. I'll check closer to saturday and see.

We should definitley play together sometime though. I try and play every weekend (Sedgley in Philly, as well as travel east to Tyler, north to Lehigh Valley, etc.)

How many of you were there? Around here the rec guys tend to play way faster than the more "serious" players. If they put more than five of you together, that's sucky.

Pretty sure there were four recs. But I'm guessing a few were under 15 yrs old. Based on the conditions Saturday (huge freakin hill covered with 8 inches of semi-crunchy snow), I don't doubt they were the slow card.

Ah, yeah, that did happen at a monthly I was at recently. The pro players were better at finding discs in the deep snow.

I'm really hoping I can get out for this. Every chance I've had at playing in any kind of tourney has gone down the crapper and I'm really looking forward to this. I fully expect to win nothing. If I come in anything other than last place, I'll consider the experience a win.

I'm 90% sure I'll be playing the South Mountain Ice Bowl. It will be my first tournament and I have the same attitude, anything other than last is a win. Based on the way I played there last week though, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Carbondale, Ill.'s Ice Bowl was pretty nice. Players pack had a mini and some stickers and a Champion Boss with the Ice Bowl logo. I came in 4th in Intermediate but there were only 6 of us.
Hats and discs and an Innova portable target were some of the prizes.
I donated a 2 bombers of beer (Stone and Three Floyds) for the CTP. I think the guys that won liked that prize better than the hat and disc!.
Best part was the free catered food. We had a great BBQ dinner that hit the spot but made the second round a bit sluggish.
No ice but a bit of wind made it interesting.

I played in one 12-26. Player pack was $10 off anything, so I threw in an extra $4 and picked up a Star Rhyno because I needed a yellow putter for a dye I have in mind. I then won Novice (don't get excited, I only beat 1 other person), and got a trophy and $35 credit in the store. I picked up a Star Leopard, Star Firebird, and a DX Banshee. Looking forward to another tourney this coming Saturday.

I'm 90% sure I'll be playing the South Mountain Ice Bowl. It will be my first tournament and I have the same attitude, anything other than last is a win. Based on the way I played there last week though, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I'm leaning against it right now because of the weather conditions while driving, but you and bcr123psu (and any other dg friends that use this site) shouldconsider signing up for Travel Tags. I recently got mine (#45) and think it's a great way to encourage meeting up with fellow DGCR members.

Currently the closest Travel Tag to me is in Lancaster, but I do plan on playing with him soon. Spread the word........

Last edited:
I don't mean to threadjack, but can someone explain (in terms a 9-year old would understand) what the Travel Tags are and how they work or (even better yet) point me to a thread that covers this?