• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

I picked this used disc up the other day at PIAS. It's a Star Starfire which I've been wanting to try.

I'm not much of a collector, but this disc is in such good shape, I'm not sure if I should throw it or keep it as is. I don't care much about the monetary value, I just like it.

I was wondering if anyone knew when this disc might have been made...I'm just curious as to what the story is. Thanks for the help.

iw87tjGtKSxfcKsPeqjWF5b29CkyQjtHjtc5l0Y48lWVr8QDNecUWoGcXOb9DYP2s0UZQ2goErRgW1RjN65iYukDzaQnS_tTWtzNMuPac86fdUjxCVJoWf1F0Rnd64G9Zfy46BstdqQuSkitgW18ChJZx80ZaAjP3AFw6FdN7L8I5bDwmOTaJMeFe8hbFz6FyXDnWFkvgkIpKUXreL4wipvh7YOyIZo4eMtluCvG66m-N0AHnDTXTX6oF5H-ZXdDaaPvneOcey_Id1S96-JzOHs0tr4QUU9BB5UKV2UMCu6os8O_PLDHyOPqrA27fXVytfnfdK7oL6TkZuC3SXbt2lbPvzk45m72bHUaT_20bET8r0tM50-zJgUz2emyK-V1Aa7bqLWjbl1ECBRexApbnEOLEYw0hzHfBphwZlqio_KB2wU5YN6QbdopiyzhV2BXyok3glJUY8y4NZ9AiSGdwbuIcc8j_1zlf3mbd0CaMthJrinLnIQ4trhE83ceTeZyAWH_MOjf-29HpgVFu80zhPvSfT99HiARZ1xOim9iy1o3lLWc6gHdIoElEvl8jpsOMLJVu2JnGgxv_4R2B2uK9OXtp6vzEzGdjO2Rgz5-LvaTSDoebm6CNOIXyGnI6f7_Wt3DT_paSW3EEWJuwkG_OMbCfEgNXAoP=w800-h600-no

Tough to say without seeing a pic. Does your star Starfire have a normal stamp? I don't think they're super uncommon.

They're nice discs to throw, they fly like any other Starfire.

Tough to say without seeing a pic. Does your star Starfire have a normal stamp? I don't think they're super uncommon.

They're nice discs to throw, they fly like any other Starfire.

Does the picture not show up? It shows up on my PC, but maybe that's some sort of cache error.

It seems I can't embed photos directly from Google Photos, so I'm trying to upload directly to the site. Maybe all the pictures I've posted in the past haven't been showing up either?

Hopefully this works.

Attachments

• champs.jpg
    champs.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 45
Hey guys, New member here, played 20 years ago and found an old stash of discs.

Melbourne 2000 disc is an Innova, no other indications that I can see. Old Eagle KC PRO, and Champion Eagle GLO.

(Hopefully the pics show up)

Attachments

• 20190405_174047.jpg
    20190405_174047.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190405_174104.jpg
    20190405_174104.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 20190405_174124.jpg
    20190405_174124.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 167
You got a couple that might be worth selling. The 2 eagles and the Cheetah. Personally don't know a lot about actual prices. Do to condition and the tyedye, that Cheetah probably isnt worth a lot but depends on who ya find to buy it. The green Eagle looks in good shape and I would expect some people around here would be very interested in it. Never actually seen one of those glo Eagles but mini star stamps are collectable. Also never seen that yellow Valkyrie stamp before, might be worth something.

The orange champion Melbourne 2000 and Interstate 2000 have any letters written around the small ring on the underside? If not, some profile pics of the wing(edge of the disc) might help some of the guys here identify them.

Last edited:
It seems I can't embed photos directly from Google Photos, so I'm trying to upload directly to the site. Maybe all the pictures I've posted in the past haven't been showing up either?

Hopefully this works.

Zero clue what its worth, but that's definitely a collector type disc. Never seen one like it.

Couple others

Try to find a penned letter on the bottom of the Melbourne stamped disc, the interstate 2000 disc, and the reddish one on the bottom right. They might be good throwers or fetch 20+ depending on what mold they are.

You're KC Pro Eagle looks to be in great shape. Does it have ink? What is the weight? My rough guess is that you'd get $35+ maybe a little more from it.

Your Cheetah looks to be in the $20+ range.

You Valkyrie is likely in the $20-$25. But then again I really haven't seen too many with that stamp so it might be worth a little more.

Not sure on the old Glo Eagle, but that thing is gorgeous.

Hopefully this works.

The 2000's are alive and well on your Starfire. Cool disc. I imagine not a ton of those were made. If you were interested in selling it I'd project $25-$30. Not the most educated disc cause I've never seen one like with that stamp. Starfire isn't the most beloved mold out there, but someone wants that as a wall hanger.

Try to find a penned letter on the bottom of the Melbourne stamped disc, the interstate 2000 disc, and the reddish one on the bottom right. They might be good throwers or fetch 20+ depending on what mold they are.

You're KC Pro Eagle looks to be in great shape. Does it have ink? What is the weight? My rough guess is that you'd get $35+ maybe a little more from it.

Your Cheetah looks to be in the $20+ range.

You Valkyrie is likely in the $20-$25. But then again I really haven't seen too many with that stamp so it might be worth a little more.

Not sure on the old Glo Eagle, but that thing is gorgeous.

Nope KC Pro Egale he might be able to get more off of it $40+.

Cheetah is the KC Pro more specifically the diver stuff only made for a year. KC Pro drivers are less glossy then Pro almost a mat sheen to them and are more like a stiff run of R-Pro like what is used for the Wahoo on a stiff run as that is how all Pro was back in the 2000's to mid 2010's when the old Pro was no longer made just that all old Pros were as glossy as Driver Pro is now on average. not sure of price as how beat up the disc is.

Valkyrie looked to me like it was the old CE plastic as it had Extra Long Range Diver on the disc and therefore more then $25 as Extra was dropped in the very early 2000's along with the cool circle art from the 1990's on DX discs.

Last edited:

Hopefully this works.

I have seen that picture before, it has all the people who won a world title then or a Major so USDGC in that year. The people are Valery who won Female and doubles with Avery her (brother?) and then the USDGC title with Berry the one year in those first ten that somebody other then Ken Climo won Male Open, not sure if there was a female USDGC but if there was either Carry Buglar of Discraft won that or Valery Jenkins won the weekend before or after men play. Then the Masters title as somebody who was Innova sponsored won that. lastly was the Amateur worlds winner on there (I think?) as they become Innova Pro player later that year and they used all Innova, not sure if Innova even had an Amateur sponsorship program yet or not. All I know is this time had to be after April 2003 as the disc came out in early/mid May 2003 but not sure when all those wins lined up.

^ above post that was the year of Innova where Innova dominated the majors in Disc Golf and was called the year of Innova by the company people. Not sure when that was but it was shown as a promotional add for Innova on the Disc Websites and was at the local store that still sells only Innova and Millennium brand discs including Hyzerbomb discs. Knowing that, it puts the disc at at least spring of 2005 as that was when Innova Disc Golf Discs first Got sold at the local Sports store.

Last edited:
Thank you guys for the comments and insight on the discs I posted! Pretty cool to hear they're worth something.

I actually played a round with the green Eagle right before posting them, haha. Had no clue.

Yeah KC Pro Eagle could definitely get that kind of money. I was offering a conservative estimate

That would be the starting selling point what you said, most of the KC Pro Eagles are flatter top so they fly well for forehand unlike the later Pro plastic. I knew just knew not to get the special plastic for the Eagle as I was not sure if it would stick around, Note CE plastic that came back up for last runs to the public in 2004 early 2005 before true modern Champion took over. I did not use Eagle but my dad did, so he continued to use the DX Version at the time only later getting the flat Champion discs. DX was still the stiff plastic in most of the 2000's even Dragon was a tad stiff but still the R-Pro plastic.

Latest posts