• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

I can post a pic later if need be, but I just came across a World's Biggest Disc Golf Weekend (2014) stamped disc that I can't seem to ID. It has Innova tooling and the initials 'AST' penned on the bottom. Holler if a pic is necessary, thanks!

P.S. It's a driver probably speed 9 or so.
Is the "A" a sloppy B and it's a Beast? Wild Interwebz guesses are guesses.

D would be Diamond, which is the Champ-ish plastic type they have. SH would be Shaman, which is a low-profile putter with the Magic wing. None of which makes any sense for a grippy midrange. :| So...pics or it didn't happen.

I'll post some pictures a little later.

Is the "A" a sloppy B and it's a Beast? Wild Interwebz guesses are guesses.

It's definitely an 'A', I think Brutus guessed right. Thanks, though, I know you're one of the resident experts in here.

Millennium Astra? Just a wild guess based on the letters... Does it have the Vulcan/Archon bevel to the topside of the wing? never thrown one myself but a buddy had an Astra and iirc, it has the Archon top piece...

I think this is probably it. I don't know much about Millennium discs really. It does have the Vulcan-like bevel on the wing, so good call, thanks!

Unknown disc help?

I was given a disc looks like a midrange it has number written on the inside rim M4-4G-179 and has a foil stamp with Deuce on the front

I think you are partially right.. They did do some lighter Aviars but the stamp didn't look like that. It was a reprint of a classic stamp I think though. My memory of that is too hazy to trust but I remember someone playing with one.. And it was new.

A quick Google shows 20th anniversary gold ones clearly marked.

Recently acquired a beautiful opaque, finger printy 12x eagle L with flight numbers, but it has the older 11x CAL tooling. Is this an early run 12x? Any help identifying the run would be greatly appreciated

I'm hoping to get some help ID-ing these swoosh stamp bad boys. I've got an Aviar and an Eagle. Are these from the oft-referenced swoosh stamp final CE run? Neither have patent numbers on the bottom, but the Eagle is fingerprinty like CE. The Aviar less so, but I suppose it could be a CE blend. Any experts willing to weigh in?

Neither have patent numbers on the bottom
They should have patent numbers. No patent numbers means they are about a decade too new for CE.

Also the swish logo was tweaked a bit, that's the current logo. In the original swish logo, "Disc Golf" started under the second N in Innova. Those discs are from this decade sometime.

I'm hoping to get some help ID-ing these swoosh stamp bad boys. I've got an Aviar and an Eagle. Are these from the oft-referenced swoosh stamp final CE run? Neither have patent numbers on the bottom, but the Eagle is fingerprinty like CE. The Aviar less so, but I suppose it could be a CE blend. Any experts willing to weigh in?

I found one of these and asked about it once and was told they were sold as Eagle+ I have no idea if that's true or not, but it's what I was told.

If it's the PLUS mold the rim will angle out on the underside, compared to most that are closer to vertical inside.

It pretty much makes discs FAKE overstable by coming out of the hand differently. As an added bonus it'll throw your snap timing off with your other regular discs when you go back to them.

Innova tricked a lot of people into buying this garbage on Rocs and TBs before they discontinued it. Not this guy tho

If it's the PLUS mold the rim will angle out on the underside, compared to most that are closer to vertical inside.

It pretty much makes discs FAKE overstable by coming out of the hand differently. As an added bonus it'll throw your snap timing off with your other regular discs when you go back to them.

Innova tricked a lot of people into buying this garbage on Rocs and TBs before they discontinued it. Not this guy tho

So do I understand correctly that you were/are a big plus mold supporter?