• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

TL

Looking for info on this TL. It has patent numbers and feels like earlier champion plastic.

Attachments

• 451D19AB-C618-4DFB-A1DC-659BD0241E6A.jpg
    451D19AB-C618-4DFB-A1DC-659BD0241E6A.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 46
  • BF4C5141-BC0D-41F0-93D7-356C21AAD795.jpg
    BF4C5141-BC0D-41F0-93D7-356C21AAD795.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 31
Does anyone know what kind of discs these are?

I was told a groove but I am not sure....

Attachments

• IMG_3111.jpg
    IMG_3111.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 51
For a while you could order custom discs with that stamp. I definitely had it stamped on rocs and aviars in the late 90's.

Did they glow?

Innovas original glow dx stamp was a small protostar but if I remember right it said the model in the star or under it I don't remember had a glow leopard

Picked up a proto star, used Innova driver. It has newer tooling - Made in the USA. 2.1 rim. Feels and looks like shimmery star. Slightly more blunter rim than a destroyer.
Phone takes terrible pictures.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Picked up a proto star, used Innova driver. It has newer tooling - Made in the USA. 2.1 rim. Feels and looks like shimmery star. Slightly more blunter rim than a destroyer.
Phone takes terrible pictures.
Any ideas?

What does it throw like? 2.1 CM sounds like speed 11. Could be an Archon or Mamba. I've seen both of those with proto stamps.

What disc is this? Innova DX ROC/Shark Hybrid

I bought this disc a few years back on ebay for about $20.00. I remember is being advertised as an Innova Roc/Shark hybrid made in limited production numbers. Of course I took it out of the bag and threw it to make it worthless, but I would still like to know a bit more history of it if anyone out there knows. I think it is somehow associated with the "Holes of the World" discs Innova made back in the 2000's. It has "Innova-Champion Disc, Inc, San Marino" tooling and patent #'s. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCN1273.jpg
    DSCN1273.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN1275.jpg
    DSCN1275.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN1280.jpg
    DSCN1280.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 94
That looks like a Shark 3 in plastic different from the production Champion the Shark 3 only comes in. If the disc is not that, the disc could be a Super Stingray, not in the Champion the production runs came in.

I'm on mobile so can't zoom well but looks like a Stingray to me. OP is the bottom of the wing pretty flat? What does the tooling on bottom say? I'm assuming San Marino...

I'm on mobile so can't zoom well but looks like a Stingray to me. OP is the bottom of the wing pretty flat? What does the tooling on bottom say? I'm assuming San Marino...

Top is too flat for a normal Stingray, why I think a rare plastic for the Super Stingray. Most Super Stingray were in Champion. Also wing is too flat for a Stingray, no crease.

Last edited:

Latest posts