• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

IDGC Courses

We will actually be roadtripping for about a week and will definitely play Langley based on your input. Would love to play Stoney Brook based on what you are saying. Our plans are in Flux right now as to exact dates. We will most likely play in Charlotte area too
I meant to say stony hill lol

I liked Langley, but it is a brutal beatdown with lots of hiking between holes and plenty of elevation changes. Boyd Pond nearby is also nice and will make you feel better about yourself after getting smacked down by Langley, lol.

We will actually be roadtripping for about a week and will definitely play Langley based on your input. Would love to play Stoney Brook based on what you are saying. Our plans are in Flux right now as to exact dates. We will most likely play in Charlotte area too

I was hesitating about adding Stoney Hill, because it's a bit further than Augusta....and you know how it goes, you can add the next course down the road, then the next, until eventually you're planning a cross-country trip.

But if you're considering Charlotte, then Stoney Hill is only slightly out of the way from Augusta to Charlotte, and a nice backroads route at that. There are 2 overlapping 18-hole layouts here, so it's almost 2 different courses. You can play either, or both.

Keep in mind that Stoney Hill is by reservation only. It's only available when we're home, which is most of the time, but it requires a little more planning than just dropping in.

Hey David. We would love to play your course. The guy I'm traveling with actually has the same situation. He has a course on family land that you can only play when he or his brother in law are around. I will hit you up when we get out itinerary nailed down. My buddy's son is stationed in Norfolk and is going to join us for part of trip. We are waiting on him to finalize details

Former SC resident with input :)

In order of best to less best in my rankings, you should do these between IDGC and Charlotte:
IDGC Jackson
Camp Canaan (don't sleep on this one!!!)
Stoney Hill
Langley Pond
IDGC Headrick
IDGC Warner
All-Terrain Adventure World (if it's still open)

Of course Charlotte is loaded but I'll let others recommend on that.

Bring water discs for Headrick and Langley. Bring lots of water at IDGC, it's a lot of distance!

Langley and Headrick are quite similar, so I might cut one of them if you want to play everything else on this list.

Last edited:
Hi guys. Back from my roadtrip. Itinerary changed a bit from original plan. We played Etowah. Little mulberry, Tyger creek and hornets nest on the way to VA. We played most of the courses around the norfolk area
We then headed to Augusta area and I played Langley pond and all 3 IDGCcourses yesterday. Hendrick was awesome and is now 100% in my top list. Warner and Langley pond were also great. Did not like Jackson much probably cause I'm old and it's beyond my skill level. Was able to play a round with Olorin in Charlotte

Little mulberry was great. My buddy really liked it as well. Funny story. I have a friend who lives in that area. My wife and I stayed with my friend a couple years ago and she took us to a park for walking. Didn't see baskets. Didn't remember the name of the park. We pulled up to little mulberry and I said. O wow I've been here before

Yeah, Jeez. That news is painful. And not just from a DG perspective. It's just the height of uncoolness that such a blight can be responsible for losing so many trees. I mean, 129 acres. That's significant.

Long live Steady Ed!!

:(
Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

All three of the courses there were fantastic. Each in their own way. Steady Ed is not too far away from the other two. I haven't seen anything mentioned about that one, hopefully it stays that way. We shall see I suppose. It's the weakest one there without a doubt, but the most accessable to all skill levels. I wish I'd have reviewed them when I was there. W.R. Jackson is one of the best courses I've played to date. Easy 4.25 to 4.5. Curious to see what they can come up with for the Champions Cup next fall.

A reminder that all dg courses are temporary if you're thinking long term. Play 'em all while ya can.
We were discussing that last night...and how the IDGC seemed the least likely to be lost.

The next question will be how much damage is done to the understory trees, in removing the pines.