• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you were in charge

Someone earlier said they wished they still made Bulldogs... just ran across this on DGU:

th_rp-bl-yellow.png

The Bulldog is back in a new blend. This time around the Bulldog comes in a firm R-Pro plastic that will bite the chains. The Bulldog is an overstable Mid-Range/Putt & Approach disc that will shape consistent lines in any type condition. 3 | 3 | 0 | 3

I'll play fast and loose with the OP's question and change it to - "what 1 Innova mold would you immediately stock pile if you could make one request?"

CHAMPION POLECAT. 175G.

I'd fill my basement.

Aviar.......... Kidding, but it was never one that I liked over the Wizard, Ion, Anode, or soft Magnet.... The real answer is the Hydra. Gone and mourned by no one, unless you have all day to let it float up to the reeds where you still cant reach it, and have to get wet to get your crappy inconsistent POS back. I doubt i'm alone in bagging found discs for water carries that I could not care less if they meet the murky deeps.

The Eagle is an historic disc. It's blasphemy to suggest getting rid of that mold.

Hey, it is no different than how all the snowboarders suddenly turned on Burton when they became mainstream... If you were not a "poser", hating on Burton was the cool thing to do, I participated lol. Innova is the Burton of disc golf. Back on topic, I would eliminate the Monarch. It is just an upside-down Groove. Equally as turdy.
Why does everyone hate Burton? I was unaware of this... Just thought I'd ask. I like snowboarding :).

I think this is sort fun because Innova has a quadrillion discs and it's really unnecessary at this point.

I nominate the Monarch, simply because of its name and the fact that there are too many distance drivers. I'm pretty sure nobody would miss this disc. Does anyone throw a Monarch??

The Eagle, I mean just get a Teebird already.

Remember, an Eagle (X-mold) can do all the things a Teebird can do, but the Teebird can't do all the things that an Eagle can do.

Edit: To the OP's question, I think it would be easier to ask which molds can Innova get rid of and still have a solid line up? I imagine it is a lot.

Edit: To the OP's question, I think it would be easier to ask which molds can Innova get rid of and still have a solid line up? I imagine it is a lot.

Yeah ... like everything but the Destroyer, Firebird, Teebird, Roc, and Aviar. Maybe leave a Leopard, Sidewinder, and Gator; But just for fluff.

Why does everyone hate Burton? I was unaware of this... Just thought I'd ask. I like snowboarding :).

Because Burton merchandise became readily availible at mall shops like PacSun and Zumiez and became quite popular with the poser crowd. Also they started using inferior woods in their cores while still charging premium core prices. I was hardcore on the Fourstar/Forum bandwagon during that era, their early 2000s pro team was ridonkulous. I was on a 147 Destroyer back then, big time booter bomber. I blew out my knee and made the transition to jib kid. I still ride a 148 Rome Agent from 2007 with Union Force bindings and ThirtyTwo Lashed boots from the same era. Proof there are way better companies than Burton, but I would be an idiot to disparage what they did for the sport as a progenitor.
article-2845-1.gif

The newish Agents all have stiff tails like my old Destroyer, no good for how I ride now. The old ones were directional twins with no distinguishable difference when riding switch, one of the all time greats. I have my edges tuned with rocker and reverse camber as a focal point, super fun to ride.

Anything but a Teebird, Leopard, DX Roc, or Aviar. I'd probably choose the Destroyer just to see the look on my friends' faces.

Because Burton merchandise became readily availible at mall shops like PacSun and Zumiez and became quite popular with the poser crowd. Also they started using inferior woods in their cores while still charging premium core prices. I was hardcore on the Fourstar/Forum bandwagon during that era, their early 2000s pro team was ridonkulous. I was on a 147 Destroyer back then, big time booter bomber. I blew out my knee and made the transition to jib kid. I still ride a 148 Rome Agent from 2007 with Union Force bindings and ThirtyTwo Lashed boots from the same era. Proof there are way better companies than Burton, but I would be an idiot to disparage what they did for the sport as a progenitor.

OT:

I ran this through Google Translate and it crashed my computer.

Last edited:

Latest posts