• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

Heard there are some serious issues with Evergreen Park. With that said- I'm not gonna lie, I'm still a little bummed that I wasn't able to design.

There are two course names approved for Fairfield. The redesigned existing course with the short placements suited for white level skills will be called Fairfield White DGC at Fairfield Park. The extended Championship gold level course with lots of new holes across the creek will be called Squaw Creek Gold DGC at Fairfield Park.

^ everybody is extremely excited for this new course. So a... Without harassing you, when can we expect the baskets?:popcorn:

I heard their goal is to open by Memorial Day. Pouring a few remaining pads, finishing the stockade hole (18/19), installing signs and possibly shaping the new mowing pattern are final checklist items before moving the existing baskets and installing the new ones.

I heard their goal is to open by Memorial Day. Pouring a few remaining pads, finishing the stockade hole (18/19), installing signs and possibly shaping the new mowing pattern are final checklist items before moving the existing baskets and installing the new ones.

Chuck, I think Brett already contacted you about it but the long tee for gold 6 is facing slightly off target. You have to run up on it diagonally to get an accurate drive (it's pointing about 30 degrees right of intended line).

Heard there are some serious issues with Evergreen Park. With that said- I'm not gonna lie, I'm still a little bummed that I wasn't able to design.
Is that 50-Acre Park? What are the issues?

Chuck, I think Brett already contacted you about it but the long tee for gold 6 is facing slightly off target. You have to run up on it diagonally to get an accurate drive (it's pointing about 30 degrees right of intended line).
The Park Dept knows about it and plans to fix it.

Discontinuum bag tag leagues are coming back! For everyone that's closer to the northern suburbs the club is doing some great things with courses there.

Starts may 18 @bevier park in Waukegan.

Discontinuum.org

Discontinuum-flyer-spring_30a.png

Is that 50-Acre Park? What are the issues?

Yes, 50-Acre. I haven't been out there yet, but I got a call with complaints about safety issues and poor design. I was asked to look into it to help resolve some of those problems before cement teepads go in.

Hey roman, have they reinforced the tees at Fairfield yet or are they still just laying on top of backfill? I hope they fix that or else they're gonna crack.....Most of the bad ones are on the gold layout 7-14 if memory serves me right.

Anyone going to be playing Lemon Lake this weekend. Thinking of driving down to try the course out before the Lemon Lake Open. Would be interested in playing with someone that knows the course.

I moved from Tennessee to Schaumburg for work last year and finally venturing out to play tourneys again.

Hey roman, have they reinforced the tees at Fairfield yet or are they still just laying on top of backfill? I hope they fix that or else they're gonna crack.....Most of the bad ones are on the gold layout 7-14 if memory serves me right.

They piled up dirt high enough to make them flush in most places, but some are still pretty exposed. They definitely need some reinforcement to prevent erosion.

Well got the bad/good news today knee surgery #3 is Monday but it's some torn cartiledge not a reform ACL like I had thought it might be. So no discing for 2 weeks.

50 acre park

Yes, 50-Acre. I haven't been out there yet, but I got a call with complaints about safety issues and poor design. I was asked to look into it to help resolve some of those problems before cement teepads go in.

I am wondering what the safety issues are? I have played this course six times and haven't fallen down a hill yet? :clap: What are the suggestions for the design improvement?