• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what part of your game brings you the most joy?

i get joy from

• Drives

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Approaches/Upshots

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Putts

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Other

Votes: 12 16.4%

• Total voters
Other.

When the disc does something really close to what I wanted it to do.

That's it. That's all I ask. It just feels awesome.

Happens too infrequently tho.

I voted putts because I have historically been the worst at it, so its extra exciting to execute one just how I wanted. That said the flight of the disc probably brings me the most joy, so drives also would have been a good answer for me.

Someone had mentioned the joy of watching slower discs fly on your intended line.

That would be correct, except they mentioned some disc I don't believe I have thrown.
But my mature Rocs (old San Marinos or 8x's) would be my choice to watch fly.

Since the beginning of the year, I've dropped several C3 putts or putter approaches as far away as 119 feet (laser distance) with an entropy standstill across water into a headwind. I love hearing the sound of the chains, which can be loud. A few months ago, jump putt from 85 feet with an envy with a crosswind of 25 mph. Those putts will be memorable along with a few others. Also, the feeling of what a way to end the hole.

The photo's from back in February a standstill blind 112-footer with an eclipse envy.

Left photo thru the gap of 2nd tree left, and first tree right. Red basket hidden behind 2nd tree, and managed not to hit any of the overhanging branches.

Middle- the putter.

Right- basket about 6-8 feet to my right lasering to my bag.

Bayville #18 Virginia Beach, final hole 2nd round, a joyful feeling to go home on.

Attachments

• bv1.jpg
    bv1.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 7
  • bv2.jpg
    bv2.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 7
  • bv3.jpg
    bv3.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Making C2 putts. Especially the 45- to 60-footers. :)

My friend said "Dan, you make more 50-footers than anyone."

I replied, "That's because I'm 50 feet away more often than anyone."

Man, I thought about this and sorta dismissed the prompt because I decided then that all of the aspects were pretty equal--whatever my next shot is...

But then I decided to answer it another way, and it's like this:

What aspect of the game gives me the most joy, ignoring the pain it may also cause.

For me, that's putting. The dopamine rush of closing the deal, especially on long C1/C2, is so singularly satisfying.

As far as broad categories go.

But if I could pick a more niche aspect--it's correctly solving a novel problem and executing close to my vision. Finding a line that uniquely suits my discs and my game, whether it's off the tee or in the scrub, and the disc flies how I saw it in my head, and it's the first time in those shoes.

Throwing dog discs for my dog, it seems....

Disc golf is on a back burner rn. But thats completely fine, its a slow cooking dish anyway, one that I'll likely be cooking for the rest of my life

the second shot. my drives are never that impressive. I'm the Shiiiit from 100ft in woods though, at least in my mind

I originally answered Other and that just playing makes me happy. That is still true, but after this last week (I got a lesson 6/21 and been working on what I learned)....it is still "other", but I'm getting joy in the improvement I'm seeing.

Approaches. My drives are kind of short and 90% the same pretty consistent thing. My putting is nothing special but the 90% of my putts are pretty much the same other than distance.

I only have two or three drivers in the same with putters, but I have the most midranges, about 8-9, in my bag, almost no dupes, and I think the most variety of shots I try with them, from 80 feet to 250 feet so the most distance variation, and lines I try.

Latest posts