• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

Fairfield on Sunday playing Gold just reminded me how bad I am.

Wind was raging upwards of 20mph most of the day and I'm a 300ish thrower. Really reminded me how little challenge UW Parkside can be as my home course.

Started out great though on 1 at least hitting the top of the basket from whatever distance that was

Is there anywhere around there to buy discs? Swamp took a disc from me and its a ghost town in person anywhere around here as far as I know. Can't order rocs online without feeling inperson.

That is such a great idea. Every great course should do this! I tip my cap to the pilot. Its hard enough getting your disc through some of those holes...

I was impressed with the camera crew, who were genuinely happy to contribute to spreading the good word about our great sport. :)

They looked like a bunch of amateurs when they were getting the cameras and other equipment ready to film, but the finished product certainly exceeded my expectations.

From the book of many faces: "Ropes will not be up till just before the tournament. There is soccer in the field."

Anyone know what's going on with the new 18 hole layout at knock knolls in Naperville? I heard it would be done this summer sometime but haven't heard any news recently.

Played fairfields gold course yesterday. Quite the change for what it used to be. Those two 600 footers in the woods are rough. Do they have any plans to put in some benchs

What's are thoughts on the Fairfield's DGCR SSE? I threw 56 and 74 on white and gold and were both ~950 per the DGCR scorebook. That seems 20 -30 points too generous imo.

Yeah a 74 feels more like 850 than 950.... I'd wager somewhere around 61 from what I've heard/seen?

Wild guess, I am very uneducated.

What's are thoughts on the Fairfield's DGCR SSE? I threw 56 and 74 on white and gold and were both ~950 per the DGCR scorebook. That seems 20 -30 points too generous imo.

I bet a good part of the reason the SSE is so high is because the course is listed as "Heavily Wooded." The gold course has 4 open holes plus 2-3 lightly wooded holes. The SSE would probably be a little more accurate if the course was listed as "Moderately Wooded."

Yeah a 74 feels more like 850 than 950.... I'd wager somewhere around 61 from what I've heard/seen?

Wild guess, I am very uneducated.

Won't get an accurate reading until we got some tournament rounds on the books. I think the SSA on golds would be closer to 56-58.

Your estimate is about 1,000x better than mine, no doubt!