• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] In defense of Innova...

onemilemore

* Ace Member *
I have to say, I am tired of all the Innova bashing that takes place on these boards. It seems as if everyone wants to rip on them because they are the big, bad, #1 disc golf company, which automatically makes them money-hungry corporate diggers who prey on us poor defenseless customers.

Innova has done so much for disc golf in this area, from developing courses to sponsoring events, it is not even funny.

And has anyone ever thought that, just maybe, we see all of the supposed "inconsistencies" because they are the biggest company and have the most products being used?

Finally, I would like the end with this statement: For every person that comes on here and rants about a crappy Innova product -- be it a disc, bag, whatever -- there are probably 10 people out enjoying their product without complaint. It is always the most dissatisfied who are the most vocal. The people who are happy with their products are too busy out enjoying them to post on a message board about it.

Sorry to be on my high horse, but this way bothering me this morning.

At one time, I had myself convinced that Discraft was superior to innova. However, over time, I find myself using innova discs more often than discraft. Dont get me wrong, I love my buzzz and stalker, but i am liking my vulcan,spider,starfire,etc. just as much. Actually, my starfire is my go to disc nowadays.

every manufacturer has inconsistencies
every manufacturer has some models that are a cut above

a lot of peoples' complaints about Innova is that as the "biggest" why they don't put more effort into quality control etc

I don't think they need defense.
Consumers are companies advocates or opponents through dollar sovereignty.

To quote the breakfast club... "B-O-O-H-O-O!". I mean come on, your tired??? Can't people have an opinion. Personally I love the Beast and Valk, the rest of my bag is Discraft and Vibram. You do have to admit that a lot of what people are pissing and moaning about is legit. If they want to limit their game by saying everything that Innova does sucks, then so be it. I shall in the mean time be content with throwing whatever feels good and buying accessory products that fit my budget and stand up to wear.

To quote the breakfast club... "B-O-O-H-O-O!". I mean come on, your tired??? Can't people have an opinion. Personally I love the Beast and Valk, the rest of my bag is Discraft and Vibram. You do have to admit that a lot of what people are pissing and moaning about is legit. If they want to limit their game by saying everything that Innova does sucks, then so be it. I shall in the mean time be content with throwing whatever feels good and buying accessory products that fit my budget and stand up to wear.

I am all for people having an opinion, which is why I posted mine. That being said, we can all have our opinions in a reasonable fashion, like buying other brands as you do.

Innova, as big as they are in disc golf, is still a small business. For everyone to paint them like they are Goliath National Bank (HIMYM reference, anyone?) is silly.

I am a guy that bashes innova but they do many things well.

I just hate that they take a mold make it popular with the players and then change it without changing the name....seems that they almost always make the molds less stable too. not sure why they do it but only disc i heard they were working on fixing was the champ roc which they don't even produce.

Innova could be the best they are just the AOL of disc golf. they will go away if other companies can jump up and make improvements faster.

they did well with blizzards esp for distance contests.

Their disc change all the time , Very inconsistently made ... I hate them ...

did i mention that my bag is full of this $#!(.

Lol ~

70% Innova ... w/ Discraft MIds :)

I just wonder - with all of the complaints of inconsistency - if it might not be the user? I am not trying to bag on everyone's skills here, but I can go out in the field and throw 20 drives all over the place, because I am not that good. With the timing and skill needed to repeatedly execute, I would think the inconsistency comes from the player more than the disc. I am going to blame myself more than the equipment, personally.

When i buy a mold .. i buy a stack of 5ih .. At least two at a time .. because of inconsistency in Runs .

Because of this i do not feal the inconsistency is because of me personaly .. but rather the disc .. esp. when you can physically see the difference in the mold ...slapped with the same name .. .. just from looking at it ..

I just wonder - with all of the complaints of inconsistency - if it might not be the user? I am not trying to bag on everyone's skills here, but I can go out in the field and throw 20 drives all over the place, because I am not that good. With the timing and skill needed to repeatedly execute, I would think the inconsistency comes from the player more than the disc. I am going to blame myself more than the equipment, personally.

i'm not talking from run to run...

I'm talking different mold with name of old disc...... if you throw a roc 350 it can get really hairy when you get a glow ontario instead of a rancho.

U probably can't throw very far so it doesn't matter as much for you ;) the wink is because you are posting threads and comments that people will flame u for.

i'm not talking from run to run...

I'm talking different mold with name of old disc...... if you throw a roc 350 it can get really hairy when you get a glow ontario instead of a rancho.

U probably can't throw very far so it doesn't matter as much for you ;) the wink is because you are posting threads and comments that people will flame u for.

Eh, I can take it. I really can't throw far, and I am OK with it.

Different mold with name of old disc, I will give you. The Roc conundrum is kind of a pain in the a$$. I finally just asked a local who was able to clear it all up for me.

Maybe it is that I haven't had any problems with disc golf companies to really complain about, and that even a crappy experience out on the course is still better than most other days, so I am content with what I have.

Innova is disc golf's Fender. Haters gon hate.

Very good analogy. I don't really throw much Innova, but I don't discount what they do for the sport. A lot of top pros endorse their products. Hell, they're a Nate Doss away from near total domination.
I'm a Discraft guy, but I know that for the most part, all Discraft does is improve on the ideas of others. Much in the same way that Ibanez has done with Fender designs (guitar players will get that). Nuke = Boss, Wasp = Roc, Pred = Firebird, RG = Stratocaster (on roids).
At the end of the day, competition is good for business. I think it's awesome that people feel as passionately as they do about their favorite brand, and make a point to voice their opinion about the competition.

Very good analogy. I don't really throw much Innova, but I don't discount what they do for the sport. A lot of top pros endorse their products. Hell, they're a Nate Doss away from near total domination.
I'm a Discraft guy, but I know that for the most part, all Discraft does is improve on the ideas of others. Much in the same way that Ibanez has done with Fender designs (guitar players will get that). Nuke = Boss, Wasp = Roc, Pred = Firebird, RG = Stratocaster (on roids).
At the end of the day, competition is good for business. I think it's awesome that people feel as passionately as they do about their favorite brand, and make a point to voice their opinion about the competition.

Discraft has been taking over my bag more and more lately, but I still throw Innova with almost no complaints. You're telling me that the Predator flies like an improved Firebird though? Caught my attention there. Never known anyone who throws Preds, but plenty of people who throw Firebirds. On a different note, I'd play a Strat over an RG any day. I've owned both, and even though the Ibanez had a faster neck, I couldn't stand dealing with the Floyd Rose and can't palm mute for **** on it. I play Les Pauls, Teles, and Paul Reed Smiths now though.

Love it. Thank you for being rational. I think that is all I want out of discussion in life, which I know is asking a lot sometimes.

I know what the op's getting at. There is often a bandwagon affect with it too.
And it is totally ok for him to come on and ask people to consider not jumping on that bandwagon.

Innova may not need any "defenders" but it is annoying as hell to read 30 posts worth of "hey innova, another speed X?! Where's the disc I wanted?!"
This happens damn near every time they put out a disc. They have pretty much every possible niche/flightpath you can dream up covered, but someone always needs "something new in a speed x"

Innova is definitely the 800 lb. gorilla on the block and are always gonna take some heat...understood. It would just be nice to get critiques and complaints that aren't baseless or simply knee jerk reaction/angry mob behavior.

I know what the op's getting at. There is often a bandwagon affect with it too.
And it is totally ok for him to come on and ask people to consider not jumping on that bandwagon.

Innova may not need any "defenders" but it is annoying as hell to read 30 posts worth of "hey innova, another speed X?! Where's the disc I wanted?!"
This happens damn near every time they put out a disc. They have pretty much every possible niche/flightpath you can dream up covered, but someone always needs "something new in a speed x"

Innova is definitely the 800 lb. gorilla on the block and are always gonna take some heat...understood. It would just be nice to get critiques and complaints that aren't baseless or simply knee jerk reaction/angry mob behavior.

:thmbup:

I love EVERY mold Innova USED to produce ending with the Boss. That being said After the Vulcan things seemed to go down hill. They all seem to have vulcanish tops now. I have a pretty fair amount of old (CE,Proline,1st run) Innova discs stashed away. But have decided for the time being Ill throw discraft because well... I want to. Innova is a great company,many of my friends work for Innova East. They do the best they can and are proud of their product. Just throw and have fun. ps I LOVE my American Fender Guitars!

Latest posts