• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Industrial Disc Golf Rack

tawm

There is a really cool audio rack concept called the TNT FleXy Table that I felt would be perfect for disc golf. I built one for my audio equipment and was so pleased with the result I decided to step up my game for my second project and design a custom shelf add-on for discs!! It's super cheap, really easy to build, VERY sturdy, and totally customizable. I'm happy to provide any info or BOM details if anyone's interested...

gFpbDMM.jpg

uSeD5hX.jpg

ThDc7F8.jpg

IOc5cuh.jpg

I am very interested in this man! This is really awesome and very organized

Awesome! Let me know if I can help you plan your project in any way. The general details are on the FleXy Table link I provided above. All materials, including the 1/2" threaded rod, are available at Home Depot or Lowes. You'll find the threaded rod in 10' increments right next to the electrical pipe.

Awesome! Let me know if I can help you plan your project in any way. The general details are on the FleXy Table link I provided above. All materials, including the 1/2" threaded rod, are available at Home Depot or Lowes. You'll find the threaded rod in 10' increments right next to the electrical pipe.

Thanks man, theres a Lowes and a Home Depot less than 5 minutes away from me so im definately gonna invest in this. What was the price range for materials on this?

Thanks man, theres a Lowes and a Home Depot less than 5 minutes away from me so im definately gonna invest in this. What was the price range for materials on this?

Here's a rough estimate of the BOM for mine:

($15) 4'x4' sheet of 3/4" MDF
($30) Three 10' threaded 1/2" rods ($9 each)
($14) Washers & Nuts ($7 for a 50 pack of either...I didn't use rubber washers like the FleXy Table design because vibration dampening isn't necessary here)
($5) Flexible 1/2" tubing (used this to cover the disc golf rack bars so the threaded rod doesn't mess the flight plates)

Total: ~$64

Add to that paint if you don't have any lying around. I had most of these materials already, so I just had to buy the rod, nuts, and washers.

There are many ways one could reduce cost here, especially if you opt for a smaller shelf (or even just shorter and wider). If you can use some scrap wood you have lying around and use only 20' of threaded rod, you could build one of these for under $40 I bet.

Really digging this man. Nice work and nice collection. Defiantly going to look into making one of these.

Built my own in less than 2 hours

Thanks for the Idea!

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    138 KB · Views: 57
  • photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 52
  • photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 53
Thumbs up for the Bullet Bill patch!

This x2

The rack looks great and probably helps save on a lot of space, the only question is are the racks themselves metal? I only ask because over time it seems that tiny dips might end up in the rim thanks to our friend gravity, and a small layer of foam may help to deter this?

I could very well be wrong, just a thought. Either way, sweet :thmbup:

The racks on mine are wooden dowels and I can't see them affecting the rim. Such little weight on those points shouldn't be enough to dent them.

^ Sweet, this would definitely help in my consideration of building one.

I also finished mine barely over 50$. The only wood not bought was a 1x5x36 I found on the porch of my girlfriends dads house. Already had the paint.