• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Atlas (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you)

Attached- picture of the rim after 50 throws into a brick wall

So, I just threw an Atlas as hard as I can (450' on a good day), into a brick wall 50 times. It is barely scratched, no warp, no crease, and no separation. Impressive.

You mean 45' of power? That thing would be ****ed if I threw It as hard as I can into a wall 50 times.

So I've heard the insane durability claim and I've heard the stupidly weak durability claim. Both seem stupid and farfetched. Anyone have a realistic description? (it's hard to believe all the claims)

They're durable. Mine has hit a park bench, trees(dead-on, and deflections), and the road. No chains yet :doh: Cosmetically, it has the most minor scuff on the rim from that road impact. The scuff is smaller in size than one of the compass points, for comparison. I have no discolorations on the rim, which is shocking since it's Robin's Egg Blue. No physical warping, and no change in the flight path. Take that as you will, that's my experience after several rounds this week.

So I decided to test the durability of the Atlas yesterday at the local middle school. The first rip into the wall it split into 4 pieces. As you can see in the pic I melted it back together good as new. I could tell though from the 10 foot rip into that brick wall that it was pure ****. Anyone interested? $50 bucks for the keystone that is the crumbling of Innova.

9514464020_de6e1dc530_z.jpg

Just got 2 in the mail from the Innova proshop (the one with the Am Worlds stamp). Can't wait to get out tomorrow and give them a toss.

You feel me Vikings fans?
QZeuAUsl.jpg

LSU fans feel ya too! Those are definitely the colors I'm ordering.

I got to throw one yesterday. I didn't full rip it as it was getting dark, but I threw a 80% shot and it was an easy 300'. IMO it's probably Innova's best attempt at re-creating a Buzzz-like flight. It flew like a seasoned one to me, slight HSS drift, slight LSS fade for a dead nuts straight finish. Props on the glide as well, I got about 20-25' more out of it than I expected to at that power level.

I really liked the pro-feeling rim and Star-stiffness flight plate. I'm not sure it'll budge the MVP overmold freaks, or the Discraft Buzzz fanatics, but it's a solid disc for sure.

Also people need to quit being so dramatic about the injection points. From how everyone was talking I thought they'd be HUGE. It's easy enough to put your hand between them.

LSU fans feel ya too! Those are definitely the colors I'm ordering.

I got to throw one yesterday. I didn't full rip it as it was getting dark, but I threw a 80% shot and it was an easy 300'. IMO it's probably Innova's best attempt at re-creating a Buzzz-like flight. It flew like a seasoned one to me, slight HSS drift, slight LSS fade for a dead nuts straight finish.

I really liked the pro-feeling rim and Star-stiffness flight plate. I'm not sure it'll budge the MVP overmold freaks, or the Discraft Buzzz fanatics, but it's a solid disc for sure.

Also people need to quit being so dramatic about the injection points. From how everyone was talking I thought they'd be HUGE. It's easy enough to put your hand between them.

This, people complaining about those probably just want to complain. I've held it gripped it and all that, personally I'm not bothered and don't see how others could be.

grabbing it blindly it sucks, i place my hands in the same spot every time and the atlas did not interfere, just have to pay attention before you grip it. no biggie.

Yea, you can definitely put your hands between the points. I'm really interested to see how popular these become. I feel like people are going to react very strongly one way or the other when they first encounter an Atlas. I felt a couple up today, and I really like the way they fit in my grip. Nice feeling disc, I'll probably pick one up when I have some extra cash.

I ordered two today..should be at my moms house on Monday. I got a yellow flight plate with green rim (was going for Packers colors...would have preferred a green plate and yellow rim, but I'll take it) and a purple with pink rim for my daughter. Looks like this could be a fun disc and if I hate it, I'm sure I'll have no problem selling it.

I reckon this could end up being one of Innova's top sellers this year. They have unbeatable market penetration, and this seems like a disc that beginning players and those with families would likely pick up when seeing it for the first time at Dick's or PIAS or wherever. And it seems to fly well...anything that keeps new players away from Bosses and Grooves and Wolves works for me.

I reckon this could end up being one of Innova's top sellers this year. They have unbeatable market penetration, and this seems like a disc that beginning players and those with families would likely pick up when seeing it for the first time at Dick's or PIAS or wherever. And it seems to fly well...anything that keeps new players away from Bosses and Grooves and Wolves works for me.

This is what I was thinking. I think the colors and design alone are going to draw people with little knowledge straight to it. Maybe newer players will actually get an accurate feel of how a disc should fly

I got mine a week or so ago. Its REALLY soft and gummy. I like the feel of the plastic though. Its a cool disc and I LOVE all the color options.

I have an Ion and was asked in Berlin if it was an Atlas.

This is what I was thinking. I think the colors and design alone are going to draw people with little knowledge straight to it. Maybe newer players will actually get an accurate feel of how a disc should fly

And I would say that the disc is very beginner friendly. Its very easy to throw since it is understable for the most part.

I got to throw one of these yesterday. My first impression was that it looked really nice. Upon inspection, it had a lot of "bed-skirt" flashing. This is pretty easy to remove though. This particular Atlas was clearly marked 180g but felt much lighter than that. It also felt rather flimsy and overall, it just felt "odd" (not necessarily a bad thing, just different). With just holding the disc, it gave me an impression of a novelty disc not necessarily targeted for disc golf.

The injection points didn't affect me in the least during the throwing motion. With that said, I have a tendency to rotate the disc in my hand before I throw so it wasn't comfortable during my pre-shot routine. As for the flight, it was easy to throw and it flew very well. It was easy to control lines and distances and worked well for me both BH and FH. I would say that the disc performs rather well.

Final thoughts, I wouldn't buy one without throwing it first. I didn't realize that I rotate discs during my pre-shot routine until I threw the Atlas. I also didn't really care for the "feel" of the disc. However, I do like how the disc flies.

Latest posts