• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Boss

Marv Vega

Birdie Member
I was wondering if anyone had any info. on the new Speed 13 disc "The Boss" from Innova. It's supposed to be released within the next month or so from what I've heard and looks like a faster XCaliber or TeeRex. I haven't heard what plastic or weights it'll initially be released in. I'm a sucker for the latest and greatest so will probably shell out the dough for one.

I use my Xcaliber or my stable champion Destroyer for headwinds and I love the wide rims that they have. I've been told the the boss it exactly what people assume. I've also heard that it'll be Feldberg's signature disc. Knowing Innova, it'll probably be star for the first several months. I can't wait to try it and see how crazy the skips are. :-D

It's Innova's first 13 Speed Driver & they are calling it a faster XCaliber.
They ran the first run in Champion Plastic. It was going to be released the week before the USDGC, but because they have so much going on with the tournament, I'm told it will be released after the USDGC.

If I remember the rumor...they ran a bunch that molded up well and looked nice, but they were pigs! Big old overstable meathooks. They also ran some that molded up like crud with wavy flight plates that looked like hell and those BOMBED, flew exactly like the superfast/extralong disc they want it to be. So they are trying to figure out how to get it to look like batch A and fly like batch B.

At least thats what my best friends girlfriends brothers room mates uncles ex-wifes cousins next door neighbor told me. No idea if it is true, but that doesn't stop me from posting it on the Internet!

Oh well, the Destroyer release got delayed last year and debuted after AM Worlds...they still sold a TON of them

At least thats what my best friends girlfriends brothers room mates uncles ex-wifes cousins next door neighbor told me. No idea if it is true, but that doesn't stop me from posting it on the Internet!

:eek: OMG Dude, you are so in!!!! I'm like waaay totally jealous bro!

;)

Keep in mind you have to take these things with some skeptisism, but here is a pic of a Boss off ebay, if that is realy what they are showing us here.

ebay

Either way...Can you believe the going rates for a pre-release? I saw one up to $56 so far.

If I remember the rumor...they ran a bunch that molded up well and looked nice, but they were pigs! Big old overstable meathooks. They also ran some that molded up like crud with wavy flight plates that looked like hell and those BOMBED, flew exactly like the superfast/extralong disc they want it to be. So they are trying to figure out how to get it to look like batch A and fly like batch B.

I'll gladly take one of the batch B discs off of their hands:D

Keep in mind you have to take these things with some skeptisism, but here is a pic of a Boss off ebay, if that is realy what they are showing us here.

ebay

Either way...Can you believe the going rates for a pre-release? I saw one up to $56 so far.

lol A bit steep for a piece of plastic.

Discgolfcenter has a blurb about it

theboss.jpg

On the horizon from Innova is their new driver, The Boss! The Boss has the distinction of being the first 13 speed distance driver produced. So, not only is it the fastest disc, but it also has the most wind and torque resistance of any Innova disc. The Boss is PDGA approved and features a 2.5 cm rim depth which most likely means it will most likely fly like a faster, longer-distance version of the Xcaliber. We will have The Boss available as soon as it is released, which we think will be in early October.

I'll definitely grab a BOSS when they arrive
looks like a pretty BOSS disc

ebay

60 for a disc? Unreal. Goes against everything that disc golf is. I hope who ever buys it loses it their very toss over a pond.

I never understood the "collector" part of disc golf. I mean seriously, if guys didnt "collect" them, im sure that the prices would remain much lower. Who wants to buy a disc that they cant use? Thats like buying a case of beer just to look at and imagine how good it would probably taste.

yeah i dont get it, seems pretty lame if they are just keeping them

as if they think they'll have the next "Champion Roc"?

i can really only see collecting discs that have a personal significance and are obsolete due to excessive wear.

ebay

I wouldn't buy it from this ebay because I find it hard to believe that its already released to ebay first and how do we know that it is the actual Champ. BOSS disc or could it be looked like either Champ. Destroyer or Wraith instead?

Umm...:confused:

lol too funny. discgolfvalues on ebay is actually a guy who works in the factory in California. He's always the first to have every new Innova disc. He also has 1466+ rating, why wouldn't you guys trust it?

Here's the official Product Release Innova sent me today.

The Champion Boss will be released on October 6, 2008. A limited number of discs will be available with the 1st run Champion Star Stamp. Subsequent Champion Bosses will be World Champion Dave Feldberg signature stamped.

Until the general release, the Boss will be made available to tournaments for custom hot stamping.

The Boss is the first 13 speed distance driver.

Weight range : 173 to 175 grams
Ratings 13, 4, 0, 4

i'd Kill for them to stop making new molds and instead make the same disc..twice!
I stopped buying Teerex which I loved at first because each one is a whole different disc, ya never know what youre gonna get! stop making new stuff, fix your production process!
'nuff said!