• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Bullfrog

Big Z Roach kills this stamp, easily. It's not even a bullfrog on there, it's an alien looking tree frog. Bullfrogs are pretty badass:

iu

It's a shame that the Bullfrog is such a good disc, but Innova marred it by putting that stamp on it. :mad: And now that's all people are talking about.

Ditto that for several other good Innova discs...

It's a shame that the Bullfrog is such a good disc, but Innova marred it by putting that stamp on it. :mad: And now that's all people are talking about.

Ditto that for several other good Innova discs...

Mine has a Christmas stamp. Yay!

Used the XT Bullfrog last night at the course.
I'm usually a Rhyno thrower. This Bullfrog was flying like a broken in DX Rhyno, except it was missing the Thumtrac. I was instantly familiar with it because of how often I throw Rhyno... I was making decent shots with it from the very first row.

I LOVE the plastic!!! Grippy like R-Pro, stiff like DX, durable like Star. What's not to like? !?!?!

I have tons of Rhynos so I don't think this will make the bag. But I feel like I could swap it out in place of the Rhynos and do just fine. But I sure hope they use this plastic on the Rhynos at some point.

All in all, I think this disc is for people who want to love the Rhyno but cannot get used to the Thumtrac.

I like the Bullfrog more, and more every time I throw it. I've been wanting to try some Rhynos, but I also want them in XT plastic.

The Bullfrog almost felt too grippy to me at first, but after a few months of throwing them, they feel great. I'm carrying 4 right now during practice rounds to get some extra approach practice on each hole. I'm glad I found this disc.

I like the Bullfrog more, and more every time I throw it. I've been wanting to try some Rhynos, but I also want them in XT plastic.
Yeah, no doubt. The Bullfrog is great!

I like Rhynos a little better because new ones have more fade at the end of the flight which can be useful for certain shots. This makes Rhynos more cycle-friendly.

I also like them because they have the Thumtrac which is a polarizing feature. Some love it, some hate it. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground there.

I'm on your side Juan... I hope they make Rhynos in XT too! I've been shouting that for who knows how long. IMO, XT is Innova's best plastic... but apparently is one of their lousiest sellers. No clue why.

Yeah, no doubt. The Bullfrog is great!

I like Rhynos a little better because new ones have more fade at the end of the flight which can be useful for certain shots. This makes Rhynos more cycle-friendly.

I also like them because they have the Thumtrac which is a polarizing feature. Some love it, some hate it. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground there.

I'm on your side Juan... I hope they make Rhynos in XT too! I've been shouting that for who knows how long. IMO, XT is Innova's best plastic... but apparently is one of their lousiest sellers. No clue why.

I only like the thumbtrack on normal to lower profile discs like the Rhyno, Ringer GT, and similar discs as they help with grip. The other discs like the Birdie and Pig are a bit deep for a thumbtrack and with having smaller hands the discs tend to get hooked in the hand.

XT is a lousy seller from Innova because it is available as a production run on so few putters and DX is a just a bit Cheaper for a plastic that is just a tad less durable. Also many think the plastic is only on the Nova or have only tried that plastic on the Nova so they based all XT off of the Nova.

If this were DX I wouldnt be bagging the bullfrog during cold seasons. I can grip this when wet. Its consistent.

Last edited:
Anyone else putting with Bullfrogs? I switched from P2s and am not looking back. They are so straight and true. You definitely need to power them up, but if you do, they are money.

Anyone else putting with Bullfrogs? I switched from P2s and am not looking back. They are so straight and true. You definitely need to power them up, but if you do, they are money.

I switched from Aviars to Bullfrogs because I wanted a putter I could throw...something I just couldn't get used to with the Aviars.

But now my Bullfrog is my main putting putter, as well as my throwing putter.

It's also the first disc I reach for when I get myself into trouble inside of 150'. Which is often :eek:

My Bullfrogs all have the red/yellow/green/ stamp which didn't bother me at first, but yesterday I did notice one "glaring" problem.

In the sun, this stamp kept blinding me during my putts. It was so bad on one hole, I had to change my stance.

Last night while putting in the basement, I took some Scotchbrite pads to the top to scuff the shine down some. Anyone else ever have that problem with a disc?

My Bullfrogs all have the red/yellow/green/ stamp which didn't bother me at first, but yesterday I did notice one "glaring" problem.

In the sun, this stamp kept blinding me during my putts. It was so bad on one hole, I had to change my stance.

Last night while putting in the basement, I took some Scotchbrite pads to the top to scuff the shine down some. Anyone else ever have that problem with a disc?

I haven't had this problem with a putter, but I've had a few discs with shiny stamps that were pretty bad if things lined up the wrong way.

If it's that bad, get some extra-strength fingernail polish remover, which is acetone, and wipe off the stamp on your main putting putter.

I really like blank or bottomstamp disc for just this reason . . not that easy to remove stamps from baseline plastics

Thanks for the tips. I ordered another Bullfrog this morning...same color, same stamp, so I may try the acetone route when it shows up.

yeah, Acetone is the way to go.
Alternately, I have used 1000 or 2000 grit sandpaper on the top of DX discs to add a slight velvety feel to them. The disc feels phenomenal after the process and I highly recommend it*

*I don't think this is PDGA legal so I don't recommend it to people who compete. It is "light sanding" but not to fix imperfections from wear. It goes against the spirit of the rules. I don't compete so I don't care. YMMV.

yeah, Acetone is the way to go.
Alternately, I have used 1000 or 2000 grit sandpaper on the top of DX discs to add a slight velvety feel to them. The disc feels phenomenal after the process and I highly recommend it*

*I don't think this is PDGA legal so I don't recommend it to people who compete. It is "light sanding" but not to fix imperfections from wear. It goes against the spirit of the rules. I don't compete so I don't care. YMMV.

I agree that it is against the rule, however for anyone else considering doing this, if you say you're fixing a molding imperfection rather than trying to give the disc a velvety feel, I think you're 100% in the clear. I've had plenty of discs with molding imperfections in myriad places outside the parting and witness lines on the surface of the disc. :popcorn:

I noticed one of my bullfrogs has a glare. White with a lighter blue stamp.

Awesome Disc

Snagged one out of my buddies basement before playing a round, not expecting a whole lot from it, and by the end of the round I knew it wouldn't be coming out of the bag anytime soon. I've never had more confidence with a off the tee/approach shots whether it be FH or BH this disc is super stable to overstable. My simple minded comparison or way to describe it simply is that it's the putter version of a beat in Xcal or PD2. It flys incredibly straight until it gets drunk and wants to tip over hard and biff it hard right or left makes running every putt from 100-200 feet out so much easier knowing it bites and stops as soon as it hits with next to 0 glide. If ya give it an honest chance, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I'm sure that I have posted on this thread before, but just got to keep commenting. I love this disc and also the plastic. I will say that I use it primarily as a putting putter. I was already a fan of XT plastic as I have both Nova and Colt discs in this plastic. It has good grip, it is firm, and it is quite durable when using not as a driving disc but just as a putting disc. So far I am still bagging the Zero Hard Dagger as my main putter, but am using the Bullfrog alot in practice and I'm just about ready to put it in the bag in place of the Dagger.