• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Gold Line

Innova has never made anything like Gold Line. The look MIGHT be similar, but the feel of the plastic is entirely different. And the durability of Opto/Gold Line is well known for being bomb proof.

lol @ Opto/Gold Line being durable. Ive tried opto and gold line in multiples of 4 different molds, and the result is always the same: 2 rounds, pretty good stuff. After that the disc changes dramatically.

Innova and Discraft have made a few discs in this type of plastic before it became a latitude 64 thing (Even before Ti came around discraft had some very pearly Z line that is better than Ti IMO). Maybe they haven't advertised it like this before though... so perhaps Innova is testing out the response to these limited runs..taking it more seriously now, but I hope they don't change the star line either because their recent blends on the destroyers and PD's I've been throwing have been great! My fave is the champistar stuff

What I love is how innova says that the new 12 speed tern is beginner friendly.... Great, that's the disc I want in the hand of the guy starting out, a 12 speed driver.............

I was going to say the same thing. 12 speed and beginner friendly shouldn't be in the same sentence.

guess which speed drivers innova sells the most of? who cares if its right for anyone. its better than throwing a boss

lol @ Opto/Gold Line being durable. Ive tried opto and gold line in multiples of 4 different molds, and the result is always the same: 2 rounds, pretty good stuff. After that the disc changes dramatically.

this has been my experience.. more so with the Gold Line.. i had some GL Rivers have chunks taken out of the rims.. been throwing the same Star Sidewinders for over 3 years.. also does kinda look like the 20th Aviars and the Gold Wraiths etc i had seen.. that plastic felt amazing but cant say i ever threw one

guess which speed drivers innova sells the most of? who cares if its right for anyone. its better than throwing a boss

True but it doesn't make it better and saying a 12 speed driver is good for beginners doesn't help either.

Luckily I found this place or i'd probably still be throwing a Reaper and a Halo

Innova has never made anything like Gold Line. The look MIGHT be similar, but the feel of the plastic is entirely different. And the durability of Opto/Gold Line is well known for being bomb proof.

You have any 20th Anniversary Aviars made nearly 10 years ago? They are better than GL.

Echo Star is MUCH grippier than Gold Line. Regular Star also gets grippier quicker than GL. And everything is grippier. Than Ti Plastic, to include (but not limited to) a wet bar of soap. I will buy one of these Star Terns in a heartbeat if I can find one at not-outrageous prices. Not because it looks cool (it does) but because I love the Tern and I love Star Plastic even more.

Disagree!

You have any 20th Anniversary Aviars made nearly 10 years ago? They are better than GL.

You mean that the Swedes weren't the first?
notre_dame_football_coach_head_exploding_by_wretchedvoid-d5d5jox.gif

They were the first to put it into regular production.

Man... I'm no Innova fan but this recent blend of champion plastic is pretty boss. Dare I say, better than Opto?

Man... I'm no Innova fan but this recent blend of champion plastic is pretty boss. Dare I say, better than Opto?

I have to agree. Grippy and gummy. It honestly reminds me of a mix between MVP's soft and medium Proton plastic.

It does change a bit, but I would posit that it brings it closer to it's true fligth charecteristics. For me (I'm no high powered player) Lat64/Westside/DD always starts a little more stable than I think the flight ratings reflect. For instance, my Lucid Trespass was much more OS than my Destroyers when I got it (which is what I wanted) but after a few rounds (including a hard hit into some rocks...don't ask) it is flying more like my Destroyers...which is what it was originally intended as, I believe. My BioFuzion Trespass, however, is still nice and beefy for those headwind shots.

I have to agree. Grippy and gummy. It honestly reminds me of a mix between MVP's soft and medium Proton plastic.

I am really hoping some of it makes it way to Millennium Quantum. I would really like to see some QOLFs in this plastic...or a new midrange3

the md2's in this plastic are amazing. perfect compliment to my QMS

I am glad to see more companies steadily working their plastic mixes to get what customers want regardless of brand.

the md2's in this plastic are amazing. perfect compliment to my QMS

Are they the flat MD2's everyone drools over? Do you have any in the shop? I've been wanting to try the mold for S&Gs but want the best representation of the mold I can get.

I am glad to see more companies steadily working their plastic mixes to get what customers want regardless of brand.

Right on the button Jerry. It's nice to have choices across the board for some sick blends of plastic.

that stamp looks pretty cool, not sure id bother throwing a tern though.

Man people need to learn to read. All it was talking about was the colors. Cool fundraiser disc but like dekdo I don't think I would ever throw a Tern...

Latest posts