• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Shryke

kw83028

* Ace Member *
Launches first in GStar on 11/14

The Shryke is an easy to throw, very long range driver for a wide variety of players. A mild high speed turn puts the Shryke in glide mode, which along with its high aerodynamic speed, give it incredible distance. The low speed fade is also mild, which makes it easy to keep on the fairway. The Shryke is similar to our popular Tern but faster and slightly more high speed stable.

FLIGHT NUMBERS: Speed 13 | Glide 6 | Turn -2 | Fade 2

Okay. They made a Cannon. That's cool.

After Legacy copying many Innova molds, it's interesting that they are returning the favor.

Okay. They made a Cannon. That's cool.

After Legacy copying many Innova molds, it's interesting that they are returning the favor.

Maybe they mean for this to replace the Groove, and IMHO that atrocity of a groove in the rim of that disc.

Not sure why I have any need for this disc, what with a Star Daedalus and GStar Daedalus available to me, my desire to disc down, and the Tern getting the job done for me...

Gee, another spd 13, this turn/that fade driver from Innova. How many they got now, about 20? Beyond saturation :rolleyes:

They just released the Colossus too.

I think they're taking a page out of Trilogy's playbook and saturating the market with high speed understable for the distance - from - plastic chasers. Makes $$$.

I like the Colossus and the Tern, so I'll try it anyway.

Shrykes were large and intelligent birds, known for their cruelty.

During the Quint and Twig trilogies, shrykes were nomadic slavers, running the Great Shryke Slave Market in the Deepwoods. Later they took control of the Great Mire Road, establishing their capital at the Eastern Roost. For a number of years the shrykes were the dominant species on the Edge, as their control of the Great Mire Road allowed them to dominate the Edge's trading and commerce. Their fortunes changed at the Battle of Lufwood Mount, when the shryke army was smashed by the warriors of the Free Glades.

http://theedgechronicles.wikia.com/wiki/Shrykes

So Orcish?

They just released the Colossus too.

I think they're taking a page out of Trilogy's playbook and saturating the market with high speed understable for the distance - from - plastic chasers. Makes $$$.

I like the Colossus and the Tern, so I'll try it anyway.

Ok, but Trilogy is 3 brands...

This just continues to drive me away from Innova, except for some of their older gems like Sidewinder, Roadrunner, Orc, Wraith, Destroyer, Boss...and Millennium and Discmania variants. THAT was good stuff.

This just continues to drive me away from Innova, except for some of their older gems like Sidewinder, Roadrunner, Orc, Wraith, Destroyer, Boss...and Millennium and Discmania variants. THAT was good stuff.

You mean the largest DG company refuses to be stagnant and live on past glories? What gives them the right?

You mean the largest DG company refuses to be stagnant and live on past glories? What gives them the right?

Agreed. Innova has had some great innovations, and some good variants, as well. The "L" series had some successes, and the "3" series has IMHO been very succsssful, especially with the Shark3, Roc3, and Mako3. The V-Tech series gets abused and joked about, but some good discs have come out of it, including the VCobra, the (DX proto) Colt, the Stud, and the Mirage. The VRoc was also a surprisingly good disc, and while I've never tried the Whale, some have really liked it.

Innova = good company, good discs.

Also go back and read your first sentence.

Then count the number of Innova offshoots that you listed in your second sentence.

Notice anything?

Last edited:
Launches first in GStar on 11/14

The Shryke is an easy to throw, very long range driver for a wide variety of players. A mild high speed turn puts the Shryke in glide mode, which along with its high aerodynamic speed, give it incredible distance. The low speed fade is also mild, which makes it easy to keep on the fairway. The Shryke is similar to our popular Tern but faster and slightly more high speed stable.

FLIGHT NUMBERS: Speed 13 | Glide 6 | Turn -2 | Fade 2

I wish they would have gone with Shrike instead of Shryke.

Also go back and read your first sentence.

Then count the number of Innova offshoots that you listed in your second sentence.

Notice anything?

I'm talking about Innova saturation with tons of speed 13 drivers now, under the Innova name. The reference to Millennium and Discmania was in the context of older proven molds that are dam good discs.

Maybe improve your reading skills, Dan?

Gee, another spd 13, this turn/that fade driver from Innova. How many they got now, about 20? Beyond saturation :rolleyes:

But maybe, just maybe this one will go farther!

...That being said, the Tern was/is a huge hit and they want to capitalize on that. I'm surprised that the Colossus isn't pushed more, I've only seen a few on the course. (I realize the numbers are different, but I thought this would be their Tern+)

They will push the Colossus when they have it out in lighter weights. I'm surprised that the Shryke isn't labeled as a 14 speed though that would be stepping ok the Colossus' toes wouldn't it.

I'm just glad that disc golf companies don't decide their releases based on focus groups of DGCR users: all they'd get is bitching about this and that....

Absolutely

It's not a Kyte, it's not an Eegle, a Kondor, a Fyrebyrd, Roderunnr. The bird names were working fine. I like birds, and a Shrike is a wicked cool little kickass bird. Impales its prey on thorns and ****!

I'd throw a Shrike. A Shryke? Is it a bird or a bad goth hair band?

Latest posts