• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Star FL

Never thrown one, however it seems like firebirds are good because there so overstable, making them less overstable dosent seem like a good idea to me

i had a pro FL for about 5 months .... i see like a slightly more controllable firebird or for those who need a firebird-ish disc but arent throwing with as much arm speed. reliable fade, not bad in the wind, a bit of high speed turn. maybe like a slower starfire?

i had a pro FL for about 5 months .... i see like a slightly more controllable firebird or for those who need a firebird-ish disc but arent throwing with as much arm speed. reliable fade, not bad in the wind, a bit of high speed turn. maybe like a slower starfire?

I didn't even know they made an FL in pro....hmmm. FL is a good sidearm disc and I haven't used it too much backhand to comment on it. If you need a little more distance and less fade then a firebird then it is perfect.

Used one for sidearm, it was a nice complement to my Starfire b/c it didn't skip as much.

Love it, love it, love it!
It is a great sidearm disc...I find it's longer and more controllable than a regular firebird. It's my overstable disc of choice...if I'm not sure I can hit it with my Starfire, I use the FL...

Well I got it and its been used so I think I might break it in a little bit and try to use it as a easy fairway driver. My forehand discs are xcaliber and max.

I didn't even know they made an FL in pro....hmmm. FL is a good sidearm disc and I haven't used it too much backhand to comment on it. If you need a little more distance and less fade then a firebird then it is perfect.

I believe all firebirds in pro are actually FLs.

Kinda like a TL that you can't flip as easily with a little more fade at the end. Nice and straight, but not much glide. Nothing like a firebird.

It's a great intermediate forehand and overhand disc. Very reliable flightpath.

I have a max weight Star FL that lives in a box. Its just a slow lumbering hyzer disc for me. I cant throw it forehand because it doesnt sit up on my fingers nicely like a Destroyer or Xcal does.

The faster Teerex, which I have in Star as well, is a better long hyzer disc for me, with much better glide than the FL.

I have a max weight Star FL that lives in a box. Its just a slow lumbering hyzer disc for me. I cant throw it forehand because it doesnt sit up on my fingers nicely like a Destroyer or Xcal does.

The faster Teerex, which I have in Star as well, is a better long hyzer disc for me, with much better glide than the FL.

Maybe you should try a lighter one? I used to always throw max weight and my game really suffered...I lightened everything out and discovered some discs I previously hated were now very reliable. Most of my discs weigh in between 165-170...just a thought...

Maybe you should try a lighter one? I used to always throw max weight and my game really suffered...I lightened everything out and discovered some discs I previously hated were now very reliable. Most of my discs weigh in between 165-170...just a thought...

I do throw more light weight discs than heavy, and my lighter discs do go farther, but, when I was out looking for new discs, that was the lowest weight they had at the time. I was really interested in trying some more stable discs, so I picked it up.
Live and learn.

The only one weird glitch I have is my Valkyries.
I own and throw a
147 gram DX
150 gram Star
161 gram Star
167 gram Champ 5X
168 gram Champ 5X
172 gram Champ 5X
and a 175 gram Champ 5X

The max weight goes the farthest.

Blast from the past.

Got my Star FL out today in 20-30 mph wind. It chewed em up and spat em out. Is this disc really OOP?

The trident is an exact copy of an FL by the way, great disc.

Not to disagree, but FL seemed a lot longer to me than Trident, although I've never thrown a Trident in strong wind. Trident is way overstable, whereas an FL is a watered down Firebird....

Latest posts