• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

innova vs discraft

i like to use discraft discs for my drives, but i prefer innova for approach and putt. i think discrafts don't turn over as much (the ones i have thrown, anyways). i have a hard time using innovas drivers.

I own several of each make, but I only carry three discs with me.

The three I carry are the ones that work the best for me. They are a TL, a Roc, and an Aviar.

So, Innova for me.

Innova makes good molds, but their production runs vary a lot from one to the next. Discraft has some good molds, and their production runs are far more consistent.

There are a lot of other good companies now...Latitude 64, Millenium, Discmania, Quest, Vibram, etc....

I carry only Discraft. I know a couple of local guys that own a disc golf shop together and they were getting sick of Innova there for a while. When they first opened they went to Innova and said they have a shop and Innova got all over them about the fact that only the person who got the course in where they are located can sell Innova discs and that they needed photos of the shop and all sorts of identification and paperwork, Innova is just harder to deal with. When they went to Discraft and said they have a shop and are going to be selling discs, the Discraft representative they spoke to on the phone said "So what discs do you need?".

I only carried Innova until I kept hearing Buzz Buzz Buzz. So I bought one. Now I've got a Buzz and a Surge SS. Both of them are quality discs. I can't say I'm a total Discraft junky but I certainly won't be deterred from buying Discraft. Actually I'm searching out more. I'm not really versed in it so I'm jazzed to actually have a viable whole new level of plastic to choose from.

Well I guess I am technically neither. I love the Buzz and have recently picked up a Surge and a Titanic. However, I have a bunch of Innova drivers in my bag.

carry both. Like mid's and some discraft drivers such as the Surge SS and the avenger SS and really starting to like the Stalker and hawks and buzz's as far as mids go.

Innova i carry a r-pro boss 160( longest driver) and a 150 boss( long turnovers) plus I carry a groove, roadrunner and a monarch which is my get out of trouble disc.

Putters I use gateways SSSwizard's and a disc craft soft magnet. I really have not found a innova putter I like.

The three I carry are the ones that work the best for me. They are a TL, a Roc, and an Aviar.

I am so jealous. I really want to be the three disc guy. If I had any self control at all I could probably get down to Wraith/Comet/Magic, but I don't.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Discraft because of the venerated Ultrastar and playing Ultimate in the snow and drunk and blah blah... But man, I really like Innova drivers.

I am so jealous. I really want to be the three disc guy. If I had any self control at all I could probably get down to Wraith/Comet/Magic, but I don't.

I went on vacation and only used three discs (XL, Buzz and Aviar). I normally have a couple more in my bag (Teebird, Valkyrie, Surge, X-Cal, Orc, TeeRex and just recently the Titanic). So as it stands now 4 Discraft, 6 Innova. I could probably stop carrying a couple of these because of overlap but I am a creature of habit.

Believe it or not, I'm starting to go predominately Lightning.

I just like the fact that I can feel it rip from the finger more then I could with Innova or Discraft.

Plus the fact that they use lots of recycled materials is a bonus with me. Goes to show there comitment to the planet on which I play.

Lets see lets see.
I have;
Innova
Wraith, Orc and SL
Discraft
Buzz, Challenger, Surge SS
Gateway
Apache, Savage

I don't really care who makes the disc. If I can make it to fly long and straight it works for me:)

Latest posts