• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Interesting Statue near the Sears Tower

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
A friend from Florida is vacationing in Chicago, and sent me this picture he took near the Sears Tower. Anyone know anything about this or what the back story is on this statue?

HPIM2258.jpg

Reminds me of this:
OHDUBcorn02.jpg

It's a former cornfield that was donated to the city, who then made it into a park. They erected over 100 corn ear statues to commemorate the corn that used to be grown here. Maybe some of you C-bus guys could explain it a litle better than I. :D

Reminds me of this:
OHDUBcorn02.jpg

It's a former cornfield that was donated to the city, who then made it into a park. They erected over 100 corn ear statues to commemorate the corn that used to be grown here. Maybe some of you C-bus guys could explain it a litle better than I. :D

Your picture didn't come out

I see it, too. It reminded me of the line in Half Baked where they visit Kenny in jail and ask him about his time. "You ever run backward through a corn field naked?" What on Earth would cause someone to take a park for public use and fill it with statues of ears of corn? Seems counter-productive. Kind of cool, though.

Sorry but I don't see it either. I see a statue of a guy getting ready to throw a disc (a roc more than likely:p)and I see flowers behind him .....but corn??Uuuuh,right......

Well I'm lost....two different pictures showing two different statues of two different things and some how they tie in together....oooooook.......whatever......

I heard they were renaming the Sears tower, it will no longer be American, goin back to the Brits. I tell you there still trying to take back the collonys from us sepratests. LOL

What a threadjack......I think the guy with the frisbee is awesome anyone know if it is the dog or is it disc golf or is it anything else?

That is a sweet statue, even if isn't a disc golf statue, it is nice to see some disc love in general

Latest posts