• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Interview with Holly Finley(International Model Turning Disc Golfer)

1) Can you ask Holly what she thinks her biggest strengths are currently and what she needs to work on the most in order to get her game to the next level. 2) Even though new to the game are there any current pros that she looks up to and have any reached out to her in an effort to help her get better.
3) There is definately a place for the tennis dress in women's disc golf. Oops, that's not a question. :)

Thanks, look forward to checking it out.

Ask her if she thinks the Volt will fly more like an Eagle X or an EL.

I think you have a unique* putting style which is cool. Do you have long come back putts from 40 feet putts?

*unique means more of a throw or a toss than a traditional split stance or straddle

^^^ pretty sure it did.. i saw her posting about it on facebook last night but i didnt get a chance to listen

Thank you Steve for having me on the show. I really enjoyed it. Since everyone took the time to write up a few questions, I'll take the time to answer the ones that weren't answered on the show.

-I'm not sure Tony Ape will ever take me seriously and I'm not worried about it!
-I like everyone, can't we all just disc along?!
-I've had a lot of discs, especially from script payouts. My fave all-time disc is the Blizzard Wraith
-I will be participating in some clinics in my hometown. Working with the local mid and high schools.
-Modeling is a job that can last forever. I'll take the jobs as long as they want to keep paying me the big bucks.
-Having my own private course on a few acres is my ultimate dream. Ofcourse there would need to be a most awesome treehouse or 2 on the property!
-People talk about people in person or on the net, so it's really no different.
-As far as world's prep goes; I arrived very early, practiced my heart out and I'm going to do my best!
-Being skinny is very difficult. I've spent my entire life trying to gain weight. Luckily I found a profession that pays me well enough to afford disc golf travels because I am so skinny.
-The critics are just that, critics. They always have an opinion, good or bad. I'm open to hearing both, that's the great thing about America. Freedom of speech. I play for myself, haters and supporter's are just added bonus's to my inner desire to be the best.
-My putting style has evolved over the last 5 months. Keep in my mind, I'm still very new to the sport and I'm still learning. I don't have big come-backs, maybe 10-20ft if I miss.

Thank you to everyone for posting the questions and listening.

Seems like a pretty down to earth person. Im always cool with those types. :thmbup:

Good Luck at Worlds. Always good to see women in the sport.

69 courses in .1 years playing?? Impressive.

Or maybe her settings are not set correctly, which has happened to others on here also. If you read her posts she says how long she's been playing.

Thanks for the answers, Holly. Good luck!

Hot girls get to much attention. How many ugly Disc Golf girls are out there better then her who have gotten 0 attention ever?

Maybe good looking girls do get more attention, however, it is nice that someone relatively known outside the disc golf world can rep the sport in a positive light to the non-discing world. I don't want to stereotype by holding someone's looks against them, and I wouldn't be so quick to judge her as just a pretty face (not that you did).

Honestly there may not be a more hardcore disc golfer than this girl right now. Look at all the tournaments she's travelled to on her own dime this year... wow. Respect.

Thank you Steve for having me on the show. I really enjoyed it. Since everyone took the time to write up a few questions, I'll take the time to answer the ones that weren't answered on the show.

-I'm not sure Tony Ape will ever take me seriously and I'm not worried about it!
-I like everyone, can't we all just disc along?!
-I've had a lot of discs, especially from script payouts. My fave all-time disc is the Blizzard Wraith
-I will be participating in some clinics in my hometown. Working with the local mid and high schools.
-Modeling is a job that can last forever. I'll take the jobs as long as they want to keep paying me the big bucks.
-Having my own private course on a few acres is my ultimate dream. Ofcourse there would need to be a most awesome treehouse or 2 on the property!
-People talk about people in person or on the net, so it's really no different.
-As far as world's prep goes; I arrived very early, practiced my heart out and I'm going to do my best!
-Being skinny is very difficult. I've spent my entire life trying to gain weight. Luckily I found a profession that pays me well enough to afford disc golf travels because I am so skinny.
-The critics are just that, critics. They always have an opinion, good or bad. I'm open to hearing both, that's the great thing about America. Freedom of speech. I play for myself, haters and supporter's are just added bonus's to my inner desire to be the best.
-My putting style has evolved over the last 5 months. Keep in my mind, I'm still very new to the sport and I'm still learning. I don't have big come-backs, maybe 10-20ft if I miss.

Thank you to everyone for posting the questions and listening.

Response to Holly haters:

Thanks for stopping by and answering these questions. I hate when I don't get to them all but sometimes it happens. Good luck at the worlds!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and answering these questions. I hate when I don't get to them all but sometimes it happens. Good luck at the worlds!!!!

Awesome!

Seems like she is cool....more important, we have another positive person in our disc golf corner! We need more people like Holly.

Indeed my friend! Been traveling around playing tournaments since Feb 23rd! Love me some disc golf!:thmbup:

Met Holly and played a bit with her. Super nice. So nice I almost felt bad stealing that Worlds Mixed Doubles titles from her!! Anyways, kick butt Holly, cant wait to see you tear up some Charlotte Courses. Oh, lol, she wasnt overly "matched" like some people suggested. Seems like she just does what she does, gives 100% and wants to win. I respect that.

Mark

Latest posts