• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Is there an understable blizzard disc?

I found the TeeDevil to be really understable.
2nded. This is a good one where I can beam it straight, and be very certain that it's going to tilt right before fading back to the left.

love it!

Agreed: the Tee Devil seems understable.
Yet to determine whether I like it or not. :|

Last edited:
Would you recommend the wraith or krait. Im more of a technical play than do I have a ken climo arm

I had an (early?) Katana that was _very_ understable at ~130 g. I have two (later?) Katanas that are _very_ overstable at 130 g and 132 g. Complete meat hooks. Thrown slowly (just tossed - strangest looking thing) or thrown medium hard.

They seem very unpredictable. I've heard other stories along these lines (for Katana's even, was it? down to understability in early models, overstability in later).

Katanas are not meat hooks. you are just not throwing them properly. Katanas are overstable at low speeds, so if it is a meat hook for you, then you are never getting near enough power on it. I am guessing you are throwing them 250 feet.

This could totally be it. But, I stand by my claim of unpredictability - since I've had Katanas in the same weight (130, 130, 132) that had vastly different stabilities. With my same arm.

The understable one I had out to perhaps 315 on a moderate hyzer flip. Maybe 280 more typically.

The overstable ones lose distance compared to my straighter discs. Indeed, maybe 250.

I'm a new player, and no kind of long driver, so I wouldn't expect to be able to get a regular Katana up to speed. But... a 130 g?

It's true that the overstable (for me) Katanas do a little better when I put as much zip on them as possible. They don't turn much in the understable sense, but they do wind up a bit closer to straight than their meat hook cousins.

Still, this overstable Katana is _so_ freakishly overstable for me compared to e.g. a 175 wraith that I do suspect the particular (unpredictable) disc is playing a part, not just my noodle arm.

This could totally be it. But, I stand by my claim of unpredictability - since I've had Katanas in the same weight (130, 130, 132) that had vastly different stabilities. With my same arm.

The understable one I had out to perhaps 315 on a moderate hyzer flip. Maybe 280 more typically.

The overstable ones lose distance compared to my straighter discs. Indeed, maybe 250.

I'm a new player, and no kind of long driver, so I wouldn't expect to be able to get a regular Katana up to speed. But... a 130 g?

It's true that the overstable (for me) Katanas do a little better when I put as much zip on them as possible. They don't turn much in the understable sense, but they do wind up a bit closer to straight than their meat hook cousins.

Still, this overstable Katana is _so_ freakishly overstable for me compared to e.g. a 175 wraith that I do suspect the particular (unpredictable) disc is playing a part, not just my noodle arm.

High speed drivers of any stability rating will be supremely unpredictable for any newer player (and many, many vets as well). Even the Vulcan will go all newb hyzer when thrown at lower speeds than needed.

I have a 148g teedevil that is extremely flippy. some say once you get into 155+ they are more stable but i dont know. stay under 150 and they should be very flippy.

my 154g krait is what I would consider understable but just barely, It has a slow melodic right drift exactly like my worn in axis.

So my Blizzard experience is a 133 Katana and a 150 Destroyer. My Katana is MASSIVELY understable, I have to release it on a sharp hyzer to keep it from turning and burning; but hit the right angle and height and it goes further than any disc I have. The Destroyer I had was a meathook, I had trouble releasing it too late, so I sold it. These light discs mess with my timing and release.

To the OP, stop trying to throw warp speed discs!!! Get some speed 7-9 plastic and watch your distance go up and your score go down.
Just b/c the disc is lighter does not change the fact that it is still too much disc for you. Playing for .2 years, you need to learn slower discs first. Blizzard/lightweight discs are not made of magic and will not magically work for you. Unicorn dung will fly just as good as a speed 13 disc (for you at this point), regardless of whether it be 130g or 175g.
You want understable, buy a roadrunner and thank us later.

/rant and thread.

I cannot wait till this blizzard fad fades away

So my Blizzard experience is a 133 Katana and a 150 Destroyer. My Katana is MASSIVELY understable, I have to release it on a sharp hyzer to keep it from turning and burning; but hit the right angle and height and it goes further than any disc I have. The Destroyer I had was a meathook, I had trouble releasing it too late, so I sold it. These light discs mess with my timing and release.

That is exactly how my blizzard katana is.

Wasn't one of the main selling points of Blizzards the fact that you could get light discs that still maintained a good deal of overstability? Why would you want an understable Blizzard? Just throw a low weight understable driver.

Wasn't one of the main selling points of Blizzards the fact that you could get light discs that still maintained a good deal of overstability? Why would you want an understable Blizzard? Just throw a low weight understable driver.

OP, just get a Roadrunner, not a starlight roadrunner...just a Star Roadrunner.

When I first started, this disc was the Bee's Knees...still kind of is. Nice and understable for Anny's and hyzer-flips.

The only ones that aren't flippy are the destroyers that have bubbles everywhere and are domey