• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Jeremy Koling - green disc at 2017 Texas States

In their 'BigSexy' commentary on Jomez's Youtube videos, Big Jerm and Nate Sexton talked extensively about the Mortar, so that probably is the disc in question...

The mortor, which if I recall is a beadless gator with a different name. A disc in a previous commentary he asked people to sell him.

Not to say that I'm the greatest human alive, but I did suggest he get a Mortar on the last YT video where he was asking people to sell him beadless Gators. Since Hyzerbomb is part of the Innova family, it's silly not to bag a Mortar or even a MOAB. So, yeah. Totally taking credit for that one. I am the greatest human alive. ;)

I'd love to find a Mortar that's not pancake soft... I've struck out twice buying Frontline plastic online.

I currently have two Recon & two Frontline-X Mortars (all Jared Roan signature). I bag the Recon most of the time. I switch to the Frontline-X when it's wet outside. It's a great mold. There's a reason Sexton & Big Jerm both bag one. Such a great mid for sidearm. I use the Mortar for sidearm upshots all the time. When they release a new run of Recons, I'm buying a bunch.

They need to make some regular star mortars and not g-star.
They made Frontline Mortars. I don't believe they make them anymore. Frontline is similar to Star. Frontline-X is similar to GStar. Every first run & pre Jared Roan signature Mortar that I've seen are domey. So if you ever see a Mortar without a Roan signature stamp (Frontline, Frontline-X or Recon) I wouldn't recommend buying it. If you want a stiff Mortar get a Jared Roan Recon. They're not as stiff as regular Champion plastic but still stiffer than the Frontline-X.