• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Just discovered Disc Golf, very humbled by this game

I would recommend doing searches on YouTube...there are a lot of clinics that are done by the top pros in the world. good luck... try searches for disc golf clinic, disc golf techniques, disc golf backhand, disc golf anyhyzer...etc.

This is exactly what I am going to do. I was actually going to play here this morning but wasn't sure if i could (was going to play at 6am). Saw on the website that the proshop doesn't open til 9. Wasn't sure if there was some sort of honor system box, or if i could just go out and play. This is where I will buy my discs tomorrow.

So what did u end up getting at the pro shop?

So what did u end up getting at the pro shop?

Unfortunately the course I played at was nowhere near the proshop so for now I went to Dicks to get something to play with. I got a leopard, shark, and aviar putter. I will be hitting the proshop this saturday to get some more. I put the driver away until i cam good with the fairway drivers, mids.

Did you get the beginner set of 3 that comes in a box? If so, they are probably all 150g. That's not bad, but I would absolutely recommend getting a heavier putter.

Did you get the beginner set of 3 that comes in a box? If so, they are probably all 150g. That's not bad, but I would absolutely recommend getting a heavier putter.

Yes that exactly what I got. I actually had no choice they had about 10 sections of drivers, then the boxed set. When i hit the pro shop saturday they can tell me what i need.

Yes that exactly what I got. I actually had no choice they had about 10 sections of drivers, then the boxed set. When i hit the pro shop saturday they can tell me what i need.

In all honesty, that's really all you need right now (although I too recommend a heavier putter). Assuming they are in DX plastic, they may get beat up a bit with hitting trees, etc...

If you want extras to practice with, I would suggest looking for some x-outs (they are generally a couple of dollars less). Then you have plenty of "practice discs" that you don't mind if they get a little beat.

In all honesty, that's really all you need right now (although I too recommend a heavier putter). Assuming they are in DX plastic, they may get beat up a bit with hitting trees, etc...

If you want extras to practice with, I would suggest looking for some x-outs (they are generally a couple of dollars less). Then you have plenty of "practice discs" that you don't mind if they get a little beat.

I don't plan on hitting any trees! :D

Its the ninja trees you have to watch for. They hide behind another tree and jump out in the way as soon as you think your disc is clear.

^^^This!!!! Trust me. Trees are more mobile and sneaky than you think. I swear those suckers lean into my throwing line on purpose.* LOTR had it right. There be Ent's on the course.

:(
So I have my first official round in the books. +16/73.
Had my leopard fairway driver going 170-190 pretty straight. My short game needs alot of work. My 2 highlights were on 10&11 where both holes I had over 150 feet from basket for birdie and got my approaches to within gimme range. I putted everything out and no mulligans

I'm always a reader and NEVER a post'r. I call this thread BUNK. *cringe* May the DGCR gods strike me down. *1 eye searching the sky*

Seriously?!? I've been watching this thread since it started a week and a half ago+ and "what would make me awSUM? ;)" :\

When you started ball golf, and by your profile same time as me, I should assume that your mentor gave you a hickory stick, crabapple and tin can? No offense, just have a tough time swallowing all this molasses. Iff'n i'm wrong, I sinsearly apologize. I just can't takes no more. :sick:

REAL advice? THROW. AND THROW. AND THROW. PUTT. Make that a 2 or 3 event and ur good. Pick any disc you like. It's ur money. I suggest star or similiar material and within 3 years she's gonna be ur ace disc uv'e had since you started. BTW look up Ed Headrick, the guy that INVENTED this game, ALL the rules, wrote a great guide on the game and had his ashes made into discs because he just cared that much and couldn't give it up. Mediocre player from what I heard... IF this isn't a FAKE. Oh yeah, "I"D PICK A ROC!!!! THEIR AWWSUM!!!":thmbup:

*awaiting...* Funny how he never gets mentioned... muttering...