• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Kastaplast recommendations

I picked up a Kaxe Z recently at Infinite Discs... I really like it. It is the K3 plastic. Love the feel. I'll be looking to try a few more of their discs in the future. This one is a winner.

I picked up a Kaxe Z recently at Infinite Discs... I really like it. It is the K3 plastic. Love the feel. I'll be looking to try a few more of their discs in the future. This one is a winner.

That's a go-to FH for me because it flies so low and straight with little effort (and I love the chicken stamp).

I've had less success with others of their models: The Falk was just meh for me, the Stahl was too OS, and the Gote way too flippy.

I've tried the K3 Berg and K1 Grym so far and both have made the bag. I use the Berg mostly as a forehand approach disc. I also like it for longer putts because if I miss it won't blow past the basket.
The Grym is great for me as it has a very shallow rim which is good for my smaller hands. I usually don't like throwing distance drivers because I can't get a good grip but the shallow rim and grippy K1 plastic just works.

I got more kastaplast discs coming to try this month.��

People telling you to skip the Berg are off their rocker. Why venture into Kastaplast but not try their signature disc? I have one in K3 and use it every round.

I also throw a Kaxe and Kaxe Z - both in K3. I prefer the Z because if its greater glide, but am looking forward to the Kaxe beating in a bit. I've got a Falk in K1 but don't use it much. Lots of folks like K1, but I find it a bit too flexible. K3 is the best base plastic available IMO. Firm but grippy.

People telling you to skip the Berg are off their rocker. Why venture into Kastaplast but not try their signature disc? I have one in K3 and use it every round.

I also throw a Kaxe and Kaxe Z - both in K3. I prefer the Z because if its greater glide, but am looking forward to the Kaxe beating in a bit. I've got a Falk in K1 but don't use it much. Lots of folks like K1, but I find it a bit too flexible. K3 is the best base plastic available IMO. Firm but grippy.

I agree with the greatness of K3 as a base plastic. In fact, when I bought mine I'd never even touched a Kastaplast disc and I bought it simply because of the feel. Feels like some others premium plastics. I just assumed it was their top plastic.

Then I went out and played with the Kaxe Z and it is just a great disc. I now have a Berg on order and their other putter coming to try. One in K3 and one in K1.

Cool ITB, helps a lot. Just look at that K3 Kaxe at 2:00, completely thrashed, looks just like mine. I hate how easily the K3 plastic deforms, kind of like XT plastic does. At least the Kaxe flies okay with a warped rim and collapsed dome.

I had a K1 Berg, not a fan, and both a K1 and K3 Reko which I do rotate in and out of my bag.

Just had some Kasta arrive in the mail, my hot takes:

Berg: Ugly flight path, but the identical on every throw. The lateral miss potential is very minimal, it doesn't have much lateral glide at all. Do I need a shot that looks terrible but lands in the same exact spot every time? Very useful but unappealing. On another note, the Berg is the best forehand roller I have ever thrown. Each roll was straight and easy to put on the ground. Range isn't huge, but if a 100' escape FH roller is in the cards this would be the disc I would want.

Lots: This disc is amazing. It is the longer teebird. Easy throwing with good HSS, but not a huge hooking LSS like a champ teebird. Flies like the best PD's I have ever thrown. Mine has significant dome, but it isn't gross, and it helps it fly well when I accidentally throw nose up. LOVE this disc, will purchase more.

Gryme: Very fast out of the hand with a low profile and shallow rim. Doesn't handle stall very well and is a bit squirrelly. I didn't like it tbh. I like my discs to have similar HSS and LSS, and this one likes to force an S curve. I may have to try the Gryme X and see if it flies more to my liking.

Just had some Kasta arrive in the mail, my hot takes:

Berg: Ugly flight path, but the identical on every throw. The lateral miss potential is very minimal, it doesn't have much lateral glide at all. Do I need a shot that looks terrible but lands in the same exact spot every time? Very useful but unappealing. On another note, the Berg is the best forehand roller I have ever thrown. Each roll was straight and easy to put on the ground. Range isn't huge, but if a 100' escape FH roller is in the cards this would be the disc I would want.

Lots: This disc is amazing. It is the longer teebird. Easy throwing with good HSS, but not a huge hooking LSS like a champ teebird. Flies like the best PD's I have ever thrown. Mine has significant dome, but it isn't gross, and it helps it fly well when I accidentally throw nose up. LOVE this disc, will purchase more.

Gryme: Very fast out of the hand with a low profile and shallow rim. Doesn't handle stall very well and is a bit squirrelly. I didn't like it tbh. I like my discs to have similar HSS and LSS, and this one likes to force an S curve. I may have to try the Gryme X and see if it flies more to my liking.

I have concluded similar though I would say the Berg's consistent flight is really valuable to me. I think they are developing an excellent set of everything up to fairways. I think the Rask is great also, but they need something like a Zone and perhaps some better distance drivers.

Which plastics did you get?

I'd go K3 Rekos, K1 and K3 berg, Göte, Kaxe, Falk, Lots, Stål if I were to create a KP bag.

I went opaque K1.

For those with K3 Bergs, how do they hold up? Just knowing how my Kaxes have deformed and warped makes me wonder how the puddle top Berg will hold up in K3.

My K3 Berg is 5 months old and gets used in about 4 rounds a week for sub-150' approaches (both FH and BH). I rarely use it off the tee. It's dinged up but not deformed in any way.

I think the shape of the rim would help the disc to not deform as much during tree hits - there's more area to absorb the impact.

I am getting into Kasta, I think I want to run a full bag but availability is killing me! Anyone know where I can buy a Stal? Anyone have a fresh one to trade or sell me?

Latest posts