• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] KC Pro Roc

MikePinchico

Double Eagle Member
Let's talk KC Pro Rocs. The second disc I ever bought was this disc and I never appreciated the disc until I started obsessing over the game. It is now my go to mid to short range anhyzer shot. What do you do with your KC Roc? (BTW I searched previous threads and I found nothing prerube)

Drives

Anyhyzers -- Turn without turning back, hold whatever line you put them on.

Sweeping Hyzers

Floating spike hyzers

Pancaked tomo

Tomos

Upside down sliding shots under trees.

Midrange FH rollers

All midrange shots -- 250' and greater

Best disc ever made and when they crash chains from the pad (ace), it's probably the prettiest. No ace looks better than one with a Roc.

I generally carry two. One is pretty seasoned that is able to hold pretty much any line, and one is brand new for headwinds and more over-stable shots.

I have never thought of using it as a short range tomo as you call it Txdisc. I will check this out next time I'm on the course (which will be tomorrow). Your analysis is spot on IMO.
What are the differences between a worn in KC to a new KC? (I find that no matter what condition the disc is that it stays true to what the mold was created to do). Opinions?

Work KC -- Super str8 and hold line -- particularly anhyzer line -- without fading out. Tougher to control in the wind. Even with big dings and gouges, KC rocs are :sick:$$$ I've even used slightly taco-ed KCs because of the understable flight.

New KC -- Super str8 with lots of power, very predictable fade, holds up in moderate headwinds.

"Tomos" -- it's a shot that only us TX boys know about. It's sort of like a tomohawk but when you release the disc you need to put a tad of anhyzer on the roc so that.......but really. Yes, I meant tomohawks.:thmbup:

What do you do with your KC Roc?

Looking to sell it because Buzzz are my shizzzz. 180g, toss me a pm.

but otherwise before I had a Buzzz, KC Roc was my go to mid range. Very straight, but I like Buzzz's better.

Threw buzzz's myself just to try them out. The KC Roc has more glide and its slower than the buzzz. Same reason I chose Gazelles over Teebirds.:thmbup:(more should follow suit)

THX BARFING PANDA!!!

BX5Gw.jpg

Work KC -- Super str8 and hold line -- particularly anhyzer line -- without fading out. Tougher to control in the wind. Even with big dings and gouges, KC rocs are :sick:$$$ I've even used slightly taco-ed KCs because of the understable flight.

New KC -- Super str8 with lots of power, very predictable fade, holds up in moderate headwinds.

"Tomos" -- it's a shot that only us TX boys know about. It's sort of like a tomohawk but when you release the disc you need to put a tad of anhyzer on the roc so that.......but really. Yes, I meant tomohawks.:thmbup:

"Work KC" ?????? I don't even have any idea what I was trying to say there.

maybe YOU'RE not much better THAN a panda at holding YOUR liquor

:D:D

I love mine. Had a blind ace with it a few years ago and retired it. Recently I decided to put it back in the bag and hit another ace with it that day. I've been playing this park for a year and half with no ace till that one. The KC Roc is now staying in the bag.

KC rocs are the shiznit. I have been throwing buzz for 6 months now and took the rocs out of my bag... but still have my roc stash. Can't bring myself to trade them.

Yeah my first KC Roc was thrown into the duck poo filled pond at Vista Del Camino Park by my cousin. But my new one is money and gives many birdie opportunities off the tee all day long.

I feel sorry for that panda.

KC's are nice but they are a decent bit shorter than dx. I'll take the extra length and couple of bucks cheaper vs the added durability. ymmv

I heard Rocs were good stable mids. Bought a KC Roc, it was not as advertised. I would describe it as slightly understable and very sensitive to the wind.

Latest posts