• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Keen Marshall

Those do look nice. I just ordered a pair of Delavega's, though, so my DG shoe budget is empty until at least the end of next year.

Comfortable

I tried these on in the store just a few days ago. I really liked them and they were real comfortable. The $130 price tag made me stop and be patient. I am just about at the end of my Delavega life and was a bit hesitant to drop that much.

My buddy has been using them as his disc shoe for a few months and he likes them

I have been wearing these for a week or so now(marshal wp) and they have good traction on hills and are comfortable so far. Also have "keen dry" and my feet do stay dry if the water does not go above my ankles haha.

I got these to replace my solomans. I had two pairs of solomoan soles last me about 4 combined months of use, the sole would delaminate. These seem to be holdin up much better so far and are noticibely lighter.

just got a pair - right out of the box they are real comfortable (as are most keens). I used Delas for a few years, but found they wore out fast. Giving these a try. FYI, try the on-line shoe dealers, they normally will have a 20% off of $25 off special every few months.

Did you find the size To be right on? Or a 1/2 size small or large?

I have had my Marshall WPs for maybe ten or twelve rounds now. They are really plush/comfortable shoes and the traction turned out to be what I wanted. They stay totally dry. Overall I am stoked with them so far. My size 12 feels pretty nice and I usually range 12 to 12 1/2. So right on size wise for me since 12 1/2 are hard to find anymore!

Size was true to other keens. Wore them a few times now. Very comfortable, but the wet traction was not good. No problem w dry traction.

Just got these a week ago, only got to wear em a couple times so take what I say with a grain of salt. These shoes were very comfy and light, similar to a running shoe. Although I haven't played in super wet conditions yet they seemed to work great. They didn't have much traction on wet logs but I haven't had shoe that did. These actually felt a little more comfortable than my northface trail runnin shoes I have, though not by much. I think it's mostly the extra space around the toes that does it for me. For now I'm pretty satisfied, all I have to do is beat em up to see how long they last.

Any durability reports on these? I just picked up a pair and Im skeptical of the soles. I've had bad experiences w Keens delaminating in the the past (targee IIs)
Best durability for me so far has been Oboz Firebrand IIs, but they are heavy and clunky.
My Merrill Proterras just bit the dust after approx 9 months of solid service. The goretex liner didn't last but about 5-6 months, but for a minimalist shoe, they were incredibly tough.

Hope these Keens change my opinion on the brand...

I had a pair of the non water proof and I ripped the plant foot right side out after 9 months of wear. They where worn for 4-6 rounds weekly. Keen warranted them and purchased 2 replacement pairs. The waterproof ones should not have this problem since they have the extra layer of material. (My waterproof pair still look and feel great)

Are you guys wearing the same size as a sneaker in Keen's? I've been reading mixed reviews on their sizing.

I wear a 12 in almost everything except Keen's. I wear an 11 1/2 for the Nasu's. They fit perfectly on my flat feet.

^Keens do tend to fit wide, but I think the Marshall WPs I have are less so than some of the other "hikier" shoes.

About 6 months in, my right one (pivot) has enough wear in the sole that there's a hole that water comes through if the grass is wet enough...which sort of defeats the purpos of WP.

The Marshall is less durable than the other Keens that are less "sneaker" like, but not horrible. I'm probably not going to get them again, though. They're more comfortable off the shelf than the more straight up hikers, but they once those hiker styles break in, they're better IMO.

I thought the insole the Marshalls came with were crap, honestly. Even with some other insoles, they don't support much, and my feet will hurt after a 3 round day. I do like the fit of Keens generally, I've got kind of wide feet, but I'll probably go with something like the Koven next go around for durability and long term comfort.

Mine came in yesterday. Loving them so far, hopefully they hold up reasonably well (as well as any shoe can for DG).

the website has a glitch on the henna/gargoyle ones that says they're out of stock but references a blue color. if you call their 800 number they will find them in one of their stores and have them shipped for you at the same $65 + free shipping.