• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kristin Tattar #73986

I don't disagree with anything you said, but I hope she isn't thinking about any of that. Regardless of how great someone is, the pressure to consistently perform at a level above anyone that's come before would give most people a nervous breakdown.

Totally agree. The way to approach it is to focus on one tournament/hole/shot at a time, and let the chips fall where they may. One thing she seems to be very strong at is playing her game, executing her game plan and not worrying about things she can't control.

Strictly as a fan: it'll be fun to see how long it goes. Problem is, it's just a matter of time before every interview makes a point if bringing it up in some way. Hard to not think about it something when all the media puts it " front & center."

Last edited:
And one thing to remember. Since her injury and covid break, she has kept up and even exceeded her high level of play from the beginning of the year, and this is while she is still injured. She still have pain in her elbow, which gets worse the harder she throws and especially hard hyzers. Being a pinched nerve and not the "usual" golf/tennis elbow, the difference is that forehands don't hurt much more at all, but it's the backhands that hurts.

This is a big reason why she (somewhat like Simon) have started to play "safer" than before. If she know she needs to rip (yeet) a backhand to be able to get a birdie, she will do that even if it hurts a lot more. But if she feels she can get the birdie by throwing a forehand (or softer backhand) from the tee (even though she will have a longer and tougher upshot) she will do that now to ease the pain.

And now at MVP Open she beside her elbow had that nasty burn blister on the tip of her right index finger, which I'm pretty sure was the source to some of her uncharacteristic forehand shanks and some other seldom seen misses.

Knowing that, I'm so excited to see what Kristin can do next year when she (hopefully) is fully recovered from her elbow nerve issue, seeing how exceptional she is doing under the current circumstances.

Wonder if she flies home to Estonia when we have "gaps" like this in the tour? it´s a LONG trip to take just to be home for a week. .

On that subject, a recent interview with Kristin and Silver about their life on the road:

PDGA Radio: September 28, 2022
Episode 4.29: On the Road with Kristin and Silver

https://www.pdga.com/radio/pdga-radio-september-28-2022

It's not all about life on the road, but also a back story of how both Silver and Kristin started playing Disc golf and which sports they have been practicing before etc.

So Kristin just made over $100 000 in just tournaments in 2022. .discgolf has come a long way.
Including her salary from Lat64 and bonuses her 2022 total must have been quite high for a small sport.

Yeah I've been talking about that in the McBeth thread. It's so neat that Kristin beat all the guys to it.

She basically said this year's been beyond her wildest dreams.

No doubt she's one of the most skilled and balanced players to play the game. She's obviously put in the work, which I'm sure is a huge contributing factor in her consistency.

She seems to have a healthy mental attitude as well, which might be wrapped up in confidence in her abilities. That said...

Pots and contracts being what they are today, there's never been a better time to dominate in this $port. Talk about peaking at the right time.

CHA-CHING!$!

Last edited:
Wonder how many "filmed cards" Kristin has been on in 2022? not every single DGN round but not that far of.. . .must be a record number of rounds.

Gold Pure - Kristin Tattar 2022 DGPT Champion Celebration Disc

https://store.latitude64.se/collect...mpion-celebration-disc?variant=40243997048897

311951207_461697099123441_7872560267593286861_n_compact.jpg

Wonder how many "filmed cards" Kristin has been on in 2022? not every single DGN round but not that far of.. . .must be a record number of rounds.
Lets keep in mind that while she'd certainly be setting a record for rate on a per event basis, she missed enough of the season that someone could get on a filmed card roughly 60% or 50% as often as her on a rate basis and still be on more filmed cards than her this year.

Lets keep in mind that while she'd certainly be setting a record for rate on a per event basis, she missed enough of the season that someone could get on a filmed card roughly 60% or 50% as often as her on a rate basis and still be on more filmed cards than her this year.

True. .

I wonder how many tournaments she will play now in 23´. . hard to be away from home all the time, and i dont feel like she really have to play ALL the stops to get enough points, money . .
But she might have a "minimum to play" in her contract.. . .

I see a small risk that the top player with big contracts only going to play the big events. .. and if all of them do that many events are going to have a hard time.

Before the big increases in sponsorship $$ and payouts the last few years, a lot of players had to play in as many events as possible to make ends meet.

True. .

I wonder how many tournaments she will play now in 23´. . hard to be away from home all the time, and i dont feel like she really have to play ALL the stops to get enough points, money . .
But she might have a "minimum to play" in her contract.. . .

I see a small risk that the top player with big contracts only going to play the big events. .. and if all of them do that many events are going to have a hard time.

I see more than a small risk- I see it as inevitable and the move towards doing it is already under way. There are a number of guys who already pick and choose what they do or don't play based on individual factors. (Eagle, Paul, Gibson, Dickerson to name a few.)

Before the big increases in sponsorship $$ and payouts the last few years, a lot of players had to play in as many events as possible to make ends meet.

And being able to afford to not have to play in as many tourneys certainly seems like it should help to reduce injuries. Or at least, minimize wear & tear.

And being able to afford to not have to play in as many tourneys certainly seems like it should help to reduce injuries. Or at least, minimize wear & tear.

Our combined household earnings of just over $250,000 in 2022 allowed Kona to take the DGPT Championship off to rest and redesign our bushnell room.

I do recall reading years ago that the big guys had contractual obligations to play all NT's and Majors.

Bonuses were in place for performance in those settings.

You would have to assume that the top dogs these days have similar language and obligations in their contracts.

All Elite Series and Majors, with bonuses depending on where you finish.

I think the incentive is already there to only play specific events.

Is Kristen sponsored by Nike? . . and if so i wonder if its "just" free clothes

Is Kristen sponsored by Nike? . . and if so i wonder if its "just" free clothes

My understanding is that her and Keiti Tatte are both sponsored by Nike Estonia. Whether or not their endorsement deals cover more than apparel is unclear however.

Kristen's value has increased a ton in the past year, sponsorship wise. And she deserves it.

More than that, a pro told me her incentives had penalties for playing lower tier events.

More than that, a pro told me her incentives had penalties for playing lower tier events.

That seems weird to me - I understand not beating up on inferior competition, but if someone wants to play....

-Don't like the idea of penalties for doing so.

-Think lower level players would get a boost playing with a top pro.