• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Flow

Just wanted to drop a short update, got myself a new distance record. Mini-anny full power on the driving range, a few feet downhill over the 400' but that is incredible glide for a 350'-arm...

I threw a Flow for the first time today. Nice little disc. Had no idea what to expect. Domey, opto glitter plastic. Speed 11ish. Reminded me a lot of a Wraith, but with more dome and less low speed fade. Good, straight flight. Just a hint of high speed turn. It did well in slight headwinds.

This is the disc DD's Renegade should have been.

Flow: 11, 5, -1, 2. Very similar to a Wraith, but much mellower late fade, and it holds a straight line longer and flexes out better for big S curves.

Last edited:
I threw a Flow for the first time today. Nice little disc. Had no idea what to expect. Domey, opto glitter plastic. Speed 11ish. Reminded me a lot of a Wraith, but with more dome and less low speed fade. Good, straight flight. Just a hint of high speed turn. It did well in slight headwinds.

This is the disc DD's Renegade should have been.

Flow: 11, 5, -1, 2. Very similar to a Wraith, but much mellower late fade, and it holds a straight line longer and flexes out better for big S curves.

What weight was the Flow you threw?

I disagree about the Renegade. The Renegade was intended to be more understable than the Flow, and it is. The Renegade is a very good disc for those with less powerful/fast arms, while the Flow can handle some armspeed and beats in nicely.

The numbers and description led me to believe this was gonna be my disc. The one I had was a turd. Should try again.

The numbers and description led me to believe this was gonna be my disc. The one I had was a turd. Should try again.

Eh, who knows. I've always thought L64, Westside, and DD had serious consistency problems. The Flow I threw today was nice, but I bet they're all over the place for stability and glide.

What weight was the Flow you threw?

I disagree about the Renegade. The Renegade was intended to be more understable than the Flow, and it is. The Renegade is a very good disc for those with less powerful/fast arms, while the Flow can handle some armspeed and beats in nicely.

175. Somewhat beefy disc. I was laying on it pretty hard and it was staying straight with maybe a slight hint of turn. I really liked the mellow fade. It came down gradually and gracefully, not dumpy.

IDK about the Renegade. DD rates it at -1.5 stability. The one I threw wouldn't stay flat on any throw. Super understable.

For speed 11 I'm more of a Surge guy. I like the glide and slight high speed turn.

Eh, who knows. I've always thought L64, Westside, and DD had serious consistency problems. The Flow I threw today was nice, but I bet they're all over the place for stability and glide.

The Flow is an interesting but sometimes strange mold. If you (plural) read the reviews on Infinite, you'll see several say the Flow starts out overstable and not glidey, but (especially the Gold Line) it will beat in to become a good and beloved distance driver.

I have a couple of Gold Line Flows, near max wt., and never quite got one broken in. It might just be luck of the draw what PLH your Flow has when you get it.

The Flow is an interesting but sometimes strange mold. If you (plural) read the reviews on Infinite, you'll see several say the Flow starts out overstable and not glidey, but (especially the Gold Line) it will beat in to become a good and beloved distance driver.

I have a couple of Gold Line Flows, near max wt., and never quite got one broken in. It might just be luck of the draw what PLH your Flow has when you get it.

Yeah, the Flow was good for me. I won't say it was amazing or "the best thing I've ever thrown". I liked it, but I'm not going to bag it. The Flow performed about how I thought it would just looking at the disc. I'm no expert on PLH, but I could tell looking at the Flow that it wasn't going to be super understable. The glide wasn't outstanding, but it wasn't bad either. It really was probably the closest thing I've thrown to a Wraith made by another manufacturer.

175. Somewhat beefy disc. I was laying on it pretty hard and it was staying straight with maybe a slight hint of turn. I really liked the mellow fade. It came down gradually and gracefully, not dumpy.

IDK about the Renegade. DD rates it at -1.5 stability. The one I threw wouldn't stay flat on any throw. Super understable.

For speed 11 I'm more of a Surge guy. I like the glide and slight high speed turn.

Throw your Flow enough, and it will mellow out over time as it wears in. But that's the issue... gotta work it, and if you lose it you're starting over...

I suspect the Renegade's numbers are to be taken with grains of rock salt. It's not as stable as the printed numbers would (mis)lead you to think it is...

I haven't tried a Surge, but it seems to be well liked from the reviews I read...

Throw your Flow enough, and it will mellow out over time as it wears in. But that's the issue... gotta work it, and if you lose it you're starting over...

I suspect the Renegade's numbers are to be taken with grains of rock salt. It's not as stable as the printed numbers would (mis)lead you to think it is...

I haven't tried a Surge, but it seems to be well liked from the reviews I read...

Yeah, I love the Surge. Best performing speed 11 disc I've thrown. You can mash on it or throw it lightly and still make it do what you want. Plus, Discraft doesn't have ridiculous mold inconsistency that DD and Lat64 do.

I had an ESP Surge way back in the day that crushed. Loved it until I lost it. Replaced it with another ESP Surge that was way more overstable and crappy glide. Tried a Z Surge SS to replace the beat ESP Surge I liked, still really HSS and crappy glide. :\

I have a 167 gold line flow that is a pop top and has some PLH that i'm considering sanding away. I'm trying to beat it in but:wall: I want to like this disc, but its just a tad too stable for me to get it over 350' like I can with a westside northman or similar discs. My flow flies very similar to my 175 champ wraith without the dumpy fade.

Would you say surges tend to be a bit less stable than the flows and wraiths?

I have a 167 gold line flow that is a pop top and has some PLH that i'm considering sanding away. I'm trying to beat it in but:wall: I want to like this disc, but its just a tad too stable for me to get it over 350' like I can with a westside northman or similar discs. My flow flies very similar to my 175 champ wraith without the dumpy fade.

Generally, yes. The Surge I keep in my bag is right on the edge of being flippy. It'll turn decently right before coming back at the end of flight.

I actually liked the Flow better than the Wraith. Longer, straighter flight with less low speed fade.

I'd almost caution against sanding away the bottom edge of your disc. Its very easy to ruin discs that way. They get SUPER flippy in no time and then you end up with basically a ruined disc that you can't resell.

Not stable or glidey? The flat Flows doesn't really Flow and the domiest are probably as stable as Wraiths (I wouldn't know).

Indeed, I can grab 3 fresh flows in different weights and cover my only 3 DDs...
För clarity, the newest are domey like the 5 year old pop-tops. The best ones are the slightly overstable not domey Sneaky Swede stamped but the fresh one gave me a new distance record.

Latitude got issues with those trimmings the mold is rounded, if it's sharp I recommend you to sand carefully (fine grained only). As soon as you hit a few rocks it'll develop notebly more turn. Option 2 is to get a 165g.

Note though that they inofficielly tweaked them more stable 2018 (new stamp).

Attachments

• DSC_1530.jpg
    DSC_1530.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Join the club of those that get frustrated with the Flow. Gold Line plastic usually beats in fairly quickly, and I have several Rivers and Furys and a Renegade that are testimony to that. But I couldn't get the Flow to break in, even with a lot of use. So yeah: :wall:

Anyhoo, to round out a recent order I got a 158g Opto Air Flow. I owe the Air plastic an apology, as this disc's plastic feels good in the hand and is consistent. (I'd felt Air plastic discs before that felt awful; they upped their game on these newer discs.). The Air Flow flies pretty well for me; it says it's OS on the label, and it does fade at the end, but it gets good distance for me, and if it breaks in it's going to be a bomber...

Join the club of those that get frustrated with the Flow. Gold Line plastic usually beats in fairly quickly, and I have several Rivers and Furys and a Renegade that are testimony to that. But I couldn't get the Flow to break in, even with a lot of use. So yeah: :wall:

Anyhoo, to round out a recent order I got a 158g Opto Air Flow. I owe the Air plastic an apology, as this disc's plastic feels good in the hand and is consistent. (I'd felt Air plastic discs before that felt awful; they upped their game on these newer discs.). The Air Flow flies pretty well for me; it says it's OS on the label, and it does fade at the end, but it gets good distance for me, and if it breaks in it's going to be a bomber...

I just got an air trespass that just bombs for me. Haven't tried it in the wind, but I kept a regular lucid trespass in the bag for that.

I just got an air trespass that just bombs for me. Haven't tried it in the wind, but I kept a regular lucid trespass in the bag for that.

I'm hearing and reading a lot of good things about the Trespass. I found one on my home course recently and threw it a couple of times. It flew surprisingly straight/stable and with great glide, but it was pretty beat in. It was inked, so I made a phone call and arranged to reunite it with its owner, who seemed happy to get it back. So maybe I'll try one, but it's not a priority...

I'm hearing and reading a lot of good things about the Trespass. I found one on my home course recently and threw it a couple of times. It flew surprisingly straight/stable and with great glide, but it was pretty beat in. It was inked, so I made a phone call and arranged to reunite it with its owner, who seemed happy to get it back. So maybe I'll try one, but it's not a priority...

A Trespass actually flies like a Flow. Just longer and maybe a hair more glide. New Trespasses can be pretty stable. Put it this way, if I had to pick a Destroyer or Trespass for pure distance I'd take the Trespass. Now, if I had to pick one to maintain a stable flight for a long period of time I'd pick the Destroyer. DD's plastic simply doesn't wear well in terms of maintaining stability.

A Trespass actually flies like a Flow. Just longer and maybe a hair more glide. New Trespasses can be pretty stable. Put it this way, if I had to pick a Destroyer or Trespass for pure distance I'd take the Trespass. Now, if I had to pick one to maintain a stable flight for a long period of time I'd pick the Destroyer. DD's plastic simply doesn't wear well in terms of maintaining stability.

One good thing about the Trespass is that the rim is more like the Mystere's than the (wider) Tern. Getting that extra distance and glide with a more comfortable rim would be nice. That's the good. The not-so-good is that I'd likely have to season in the disc, and while Trilogy plastics do wear in quickly, it would still need that work.

So... we'll see...