• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

I don't think Star has better glide than Champion, but Pro does. GL is said to have better glide than Opto, but I don't see it. The fact that GL is less stable than Opto, especially when beat in, could contribute to that belief.

BentElbow11 said:
I don't think Star has better glide than Champion, but Pro does. GL is said to have better glide than Opto, but I don't see it. The fact that GL is less stable than Opto, especially when beat in, could contribute to that belief.

I've been throwing L64 exclusively for a little over 3 yrs and W'side almost 2 yrs. now and my personal experience is that GL and TP has better glide than Opto or VIP. In fact, off the top of my head I can not think of a time where I thought Opto or VIP had better glide. Better glide and feel of GL/TP is why I prefer them.

BentElbow11 said:
GL is said to have better glide than Opto, but I don't see it. The fact that GL is less stable than Opto, especially when beat in, could contribute to that belief.

I mirror these sentiments.

Jeronimo said:
BentElbow11 said:
GL is said to have better glide than Opto, but I don't see it. The fact that GL is less stable than Opto, especially when beat in, could contribute to that belief.

I mirror these sentiments.

Haven't seen any glide differences myself either, people just tend to assume that fading earlier means less glide, which is BS, of course.

was watching some in the bag videos on the Lat 64 website and was amazed at how many of the player were throwing tridents and blitzs. I have been playing for 11 years and play between 6-10 tourneys a year and have yet to see anyone through a trident (besides me) and have only seen 1 blitzs. I think the trident is great and would still be throwing it if they came in the 150 class, The blitzs i tried i don't think i had enough arm for and only got a few throws. As these discs have been out for a few years it will be interesting to see if there are more of these in the tourneys this year now that the pros are throwing them.

dave and most of the DD sponcered pros. it is on the lat web site there 7 or 8 in the bags.

Can I get any feedback on the Jade? Hoping it can drop out of the box as a beat PPD?

Jade?...geez, doesn't Lat 64 already have enough overlap with the Saint, Fury, and Vision? 9,6,-1,2...9,6,-2,1...8,6,-1,2...and now 9,6,-2,2. Getting as bad as Innova.

Thrown they all fly very differently. From overstable to understable you get Saint Pro, Saint, Vision, Fury, Jade. The Jade is admittedly their "starter" driver, akin to a faster Diamond. I don't think they really produced it with pro arms in mind, if anything for a roller disc. The Fury and Vision probably overlap the most of the bunch, but the Vision is more of a line shaping stable than the Fury.

Thanks for the feedback. Found a Vision on a course last year and before returning it to the owner threw it a few times and really liked it as an understable disc- behaved like a longer Leopard. But then looked it up and found there were two different Vision molds and sort of gave up on pursuing it....

IDK if there are 2 different Vision molds, I think they just were never as US as Lat 64 claimed, so they changed the numbers.

Yeah there are two molds. the one that says "stable fairway driver" is the new mold. It is more stable but not saint pro stable by any means. When i throw the two the old mold is basically a roller and the new mold is a gentle right turn throughout flight.