• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Dagger

I saw that the other day and thought exactly the same thing. Ricky and 2 other guys in the video still use Daggers though (and Ricky is definitely one of the top 5 putters in the world). I was surprised that the Pure isn't more well represented among the L64 and Trilogy pros considering how much love it gets here; only one person putting them. The Shield and Gauntlet seem fairly popular along with Judges.

I was at PIAS the other day and picked up a few putters (like I always do out of curiosity to see if there is something "better" out there) and I snatched a few Roach, a Gauntlet and some Daggers. I try not to switch putters too much. I've basically just thrown the Aviar then the Anode and now the P1x since I started playing but I do like to try as much as possible. I did a lot of playing around in the yard with them and noticed the Dagger felt GREAT in the hand and putts were going in so I left the P1x in the car yesterday and bagged the Daggers. I had an awesome putting day. I didn't miss anything on the weak side because the size and feel of the disc really promotes nice snap at the basket. I hear people say wind is a problem with these but I played in 15-20 mph winds and had no issues. I don't know if they will end up my main putter but it's looking good right now. Is anyone out there still loving the Dagger?

I was at PIAS the other day and picked up a few putters (like I always do out of curiosity to see if there is something "better" out there) and I snatched a few Roach, a Gauntlet and some Daggers. I try not to switch putters too much. I've basically just thrown the Aviar then the Anode and now the P1x since I started playing but I do like to try as much as possible. I did a lot of playing around in the yard with them and noticed the Dagger felt GREAT in the hand and putts were going in so I left the P1x in the car yesterday and bagged the Daggers. I had an awesome putting day. I didn't miss anything on the weak side because the size and feel of the disc really promotes nice snap at the basket. I hear people say wind is a problem with these but I played in 15-20 mph winds and had no issues. I don't know if they will end up my main putter but it's looking good right now. Is anyone out there still loving the Dagger?

I got one but not a big fan, I think I would like it if I had really big hands. I have just above average hand size and it just feels a bit too big too me. Nice disc otherwise.

That said... I'm not sure I've seen Ricky putting better than he is now. Definitely makes me want to try one out.

do you like the feel of poo in your hand? cuz thats what they feel like

I don't know man...they feel pretty awesome. That Zero plastic is solid and the disc itself fits your hand like a glove. Definitely fits the description of filling you hand. I like that there isn't any large gaps between my hand and the disc.

That said... I'm not sure I've seen Ricky putting better than he is now. Definitely makes me want to try one out.

Ricky put on a clinic with the Dagger at the Saint Patrick's day Classic this year.

Is anyone out there still loving the Dagger?

I've been putting Daggers since they came out. I'm 6'4" so maybe the larger/deeper hand feel just fits me better but they come out of my hand without any wobble. I still approach with a hard judge for cleaner releases when I throw hard (occasionally the deeper Dagger catches a finger and shanks) or I'm worried that the Dagger will stand up and roll away on a green with a decent slope. Personally, I like the glide for my spin putt. Just a little 'pop' and they have enough HSS to hold a line from 60' and in for me.

I've been putting Daggers since they came out. I'm 6'4" so maybe the larger/deeper hand feel just fits me better but they come out of my hand without any wobble. I still approach with a hard judge for cleaner releases when I throw hard (occasionally the deeper Dagger catches a finger and shanks) or I'm worried that the Dagger will stand up and roll away on a green with a decent slope. Personally, I like the glide for my spin putt. Just a little 'pop' and they have enough HSS to hold a line from 60' and in for me.

I agree that the Dagger is probably better suited for people with larger hands. It feels like a lot of disc around the rim and I can see where smaller hands wouldn't like it. The Dagger almost feels lid like. Lots of glide but not too much to blow by the basket.

I'm 6'4" and I fancied that the Dagger would be great for my preposterously long fingers, but in the end I just couldn't get a clean release. I switched to a Macana, and it clicked just so with me.

so is feldberg not putting with daggers at all anymore? I saw some recent random putting competition b/t him and ricky, seemed to be using a first run and his blackie.

I picked up two from a local Disc Golf store that just opened a few weeks ago. It is the first putter that just feels right in my hand.

I checked out the Dagger today at a store. It felt amazing in the hand. I am tempted to try one out despite swearing off Trilogy discs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked out the Dagger today at a store. It felt amazing in the hand. I am tempted to try one out despite swearing off Trilogy discs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should just skip the Dagger and try the Mercy :thmbup:, way better disc IMO. It does feel good in the hand but it was too deep for my circle putting duty.

I tried and committed to the Dagger for a few months and it was not for me ( which that info is way back in this thread somewhere ). Too deep, almost too floaty for my putting style and WAY to unpredictable in the wind ( inside the circle ).

Last edited:
The dagger is my go to putter been with it about a year now and I couldn't be happier they just fit into my hands. I can hit longer putts and with confidence I made the switch from pures and haven't looked back.

Since it is being talked about in the other thread.

Looks like Ricky is getting the Dagger. Def deserves it. The Beard has a couple of other molds so it can't be too much of a surprise to see a change.

Dude is a machine with the Dagger; good on him and Feldy for recognizing.

I've been breaking in a couple every year since they came out. It'll be cool to see next year's say World Champ.

Since it is being talked about in the other thread.

Looks like Ricky is getting the Dagger. Def deserves it. The Beard has a couple of other molds so it can't be too much of a surprise to see a change.

Ricky owned the Dagger this year. Dave stopped throwing it. It should go to Ricky.

Latest posts