• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 River

im about to call and try to order both a GL and opto. I prefer my driver in the mid to high 160's but I am undecided which plastic I should get in the heavier weight

OK, I got a 172 Opto prior to the weekend and have field tested it quite a bit. Played a round with El-Kabong and some other DGCR fellows and had a quite a time with it. It is really reminding me a of a beat-in Domey Beast but with more glide. It turns so Easily for me just on a flat release that it is ridiculous. Almost as easy to turn as an Archangel. The key for me is when it flexes back it stays in the air forever! I was getting 40-50 feet more than other similar discs.

I also agree that this is the grippiest Opto blend I've seen up to this point. I kind of want to try the Gold Line as well especially if it doesn't have the dome. Seems like a very versatile disc, we'll see how long it stays in my bag. I'm not sure what ground it will cover that my Star Beasts and Pro Katana's won't.

On a final note, keep this puppy low - it pops up in elevation real quick robbing you of distance. I've been trying to release it very very low every time but it still manages to pop up. Lower releases seem to produce better, longer lines with this disc.

Great...

Just what I needed to see when I thought my bag was all set. :doh:

Might try to get a 162 GL and see how it works for a turnover driver.

I was really trying to avoid buying any more new discs for awhile but this seems right up my alley. Might have to try to sneak a charge past the old g/f.

Instead of comparing it to every know disc, maybe there is something it flies similar to?

2 Goldlines and 2 Optos on the way. In a few weeks I'll give the noodle armed review. I've been throwing an Opto Core a ton. Used to throw a Champ Leopard and a Pro Leoaprd a ton, so we'll see how they do. Gotta love the Swedes. I may have to take a roadtrip(flight) next year and thank them personally. How's their beer?

I couldn't help myself. I picked up a 176g Gold Line River today. I went to the practice field and threw my 166g Opto River, 176 GL River, and my 170g TP Cyclone in the field for 30 or so minutes. 166g Opto River consistently gave me more D by about 15-20' each time, however the 176 GL River was the most predictable, more stable flight path and still had tons of glide. The TP cyclone held its own but and I would say is still the closest comparison for what the River flies like.

I actually like the dome on my Gold line more, it matches the angle of the wing rather than being slightly raised like it is on my opto. The Gold Line is still "poppy top" but as much as the opto.

I am loving the River and it definitely in the Bag.

Some more pictures of my two Rivers:

Gold Line River (front):
2h5i32d.jpg

Gold Line River (proflile, notice the dome matching the wing):
2ihwb3a.jpg

Opto River (front):
k527wk.jpg

Opto River (profile):
28qupdt.jpg

It is really reminding me a of a beat-in Domey Beast but with more glide.

I'm not sure what ground it will cover that my Star Beasts and Pro Katana's won't.

Beasts are a much faster disc.

A River is a control disc that can still be controlled at slower speeds. It is meant more for line shaping and placement vs. pure distance. Thing about the River is that with its insane amount of glide, it is easier to still get really nice D.

Use your Star Beasts/ Pro Katana's for more open longer holes. Use your River for more precise shot placement. Easy to keep all three discs in your bag.

I just bought a gigantic sweet bag...and like 70$ in discs...and now this crap? COME ON PEOPLE makes the posts BEFORE I ORDER STUFF...I hate you guys...I mean...I LOVE you guys...but my bank account HATES you guys...

\/\/

those are beautiful discs! I am not sure where they will fit next to my TL in my lineup, maybe replace my beat to hell star TL that Ive almost lost twice this week =P

On second thought, i wish they named it something different. When searching for keyword "river" on your favorite online retailer you receive results for "driver". :wall:

Beasts are a much faster disc.

A River is a control disc that can still be controlled at slower speeds. It is meant more for line shaping and placement vs. pure distance. Thing about the River is that with its insane amount of glide, it is easier to still get really nice D.

Use your Star Beasts/ Pro Katana's for more open longer holes. Use your River for more precise shot placement. Easy to keep all three discs in your bag.

Cool thanks for the comments. I really like when someone checks out my discs and offers accurate feedback. I agree, this thing is very controllable and almost reminds me of the same slot that my Star Leopard fits into. Control driver for 220-300 and use the Katana's for 300+.

I need River's! You guys better not buy them all up before Friday gets here! I need to wait till I get paid this week as I just put in a good sized order earlier in the week which cleared out my funds.

Is there a big difference in how the Opto's fly versus the Goldline's?

What's the consensus then? How much does this bad boy turn? Some people say it's nice and stable, but other people are saying it has quite a bit of turn.

Is there an Innova or Discraft disc you would compare the River to? Eagle? Teebird? TL? Cyclone? Leopard?