• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

I was really hoping my Saints would get here from Marshall Street today, but no such luck. Usually stuff from MS gets delivered the day after they ship, since it's only going from MA to VT. Guess I'll have to wait until Thursday now. :(

I got about 40 minutes of time in the field before work this morning. I wanted to throw the Saint alongside the Teebird to see what the relation to that disc would be. I will throw it alongside others as well, but today was Tbird day.

I have three variations on the Bird that I brought along to cover the different shapes and stabilities that have come out in that mold. I know there are others, but these are the ones I have.

11x Champ Gummy Flat 154g- This is one stable little bird that has maintained most of its stability after hundreds of throws and is fast.

12x (11x Clone) Champ Gummy Flat 150g- This is my least stable Bird, but is nearly as quick as my true 11x.

12x Champ Firm Domey 171g- This Bird doubles as a soup bowl when turned upside down. It is noticeably slower than my other Birds and really stable.

Saint Opto Medium Dome 168g- Stable out to 350' with tons of glide and didn't show any signs of flippyness even on longer pulls.

I threw flat ground no wind shots at the magic 300 foot pin. The Saint was a slightly faster than all the Birds, less stable than the new 12x, and more stable than the 11x and the Clone. It took a little less effort than the Birds to get there, but it was pretty close. In previous testing a couple days ago I did unlock the difference between the two for me; the Saint catches glide out past 350 and just keeps going. I can't get my Teebirds out that far, and especially on a low gliding laser.

At the 300' mark, I didn't see the Saint being a -1 on the turn scale. I also don't feel that the disc is a full 9 speeder on any of the pulls I've made. Regardless, for me, this disc absolutely rocks and I have a really good Idea where I want it in the bag.

Thanks for the sweet write-up, Dook. So it doesn't sound like it is knocking the Birds out of the bag...where will it fall for you then?

I got about 40 minutes of time in the field before work this morning. I wanted to throw the Saint alongside the Teebird to see what the relation to that disc would be. I will throw it alongside others as well, but today was Tbird day.

I have three variations on the Bird that I brought along to cover the different shapes and stabilities that have come out in that mold. I know there are others, but these are the ones I have.

11x Champ Gummy Flat 154g- This is one stable little bird that has maintained most of its stability after hundreds of throws and is fast.

12x (11x Clone) Champ Gummy Flat 150g- This is my least stable Bird, but is nearly as quick as my true 11x.

12x Champ Firm Domey 171g- This Bird doubles as a soup bowl when turned upside down. It is noticeably slower than my other Birds and really stable.

Saint Opto Medium Dome 168g- Stable out to 350' with tons of glide and didn't show any signs of flippyness even on longer pulls.

I threw flat ground no wind shots at the magic 300 foot pin. The Saint was a slightly faster than all the Birds, less stable than the new 12x, and more stable than the 11x and the Clone. It took a little less effort than the Birds to get there, but it was pretty close. In previous testing a couple days ago I did unlock the difference between the two for me; the Saint catches glide out past 350 and just keeps going. I can't get my Teebirds out that far, and especially on a low gliding laser.

At the 300' mark, I didn't see the Saint being a -1 on the turn scale. I also don't feel that the disc is a full 9 speeder on any of the pulls I've made. Regardless, for me, this disc absolutely rocks and I have a really good Idea where I want it in the bag.

Would you say its a slower Flow?

70 miles from Austin, that's what 4 hours in traffic each way of you have to go down 45?
\
45? You mean 35?
I go 35 all the time and can be at DN's door in an hour and 15 minutes on average.:D

BTW....the Saints did NOT come marching in.:wall: Stoopid USPS.:doh:

i would say

saint is to sword - straighter line drives with a late fade
river is to flow - more lateral movement that has fade if aired out some.

*not saying the river is a slow flow..just saying flight pattern wise .

same specs besides glide as the striker, any similarities/differences for those who have thrown both??

Ha! Can't say it'd be cheaper, but you definitely don't chillax for a day in a USPS facility waiting for a ride.

Plus- Throwing range, more stuff to feel up, you never know who will be there (Nate Doss), and the fine folks at DN are damn good lookin.:thmbup:

sorry i missed a couple today. I was back on 50 I will open my eyes

I have an opto striker, a GL striker in the mail, and an opto saint in the mail.... who wants my saint?????

Last edited:
sorry i missed a couple today. I was back on 50 I will open my eyes

I have an opto striker, a GL striker in the mail, and an opto saint in the mail.... who wants my saint?????

I was looking for something a little less HSS than my opto striker so I will probably stick with my GL striker. Just to clear up that hasty reply.

I was looking for something a little less HSS than my opto striker so I will probably stick with my GL striker. Just to clear up that hasty reply.

I will gladly take your saint. Have strikers so we can swap. :thmbup: