• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

I've just migrated over here from DGR since that forum is so dead all the time.

Anyway, spent some time throwing 3 175g Opto Saints, and they all flew really well. I do not see how they can be compared to a Teebird though. I throw Teebirds 400' without any high speed turn, and around the 350' mark, all 3 Saints I threw had turn. I know everyone wants to compare every disc to a Teebird, but these just aren't. To me, they were most similar to an S-PD, which also show a little turn on longer shots. Good drivers, lots of glide. But I would not recommend to anyone who doesn't throw at least 375', as they wont do anything different than millions of other assorted drivers wont already do.

I've just migrated over here from DGR since that forum is so dead all the time.

Anyway, spent some time throwing 3 175g Opto Saints, and they all flew really well. I do not see how they can be compared to a Teebird though. I throw Teebirds 400' without any high speed turn, and around the 350' mark, all 3 Saints I threw had turn. I know everyone wants to compare every disc to a Teebird, but these just aren't. To me, they were most similar to an S-PD, which also show a little turn on longer shots. Good drivers, lots of glide. But I would not recommend to anyone who doesn't throw at least 375', as they wont do anything different than millions of other assorted drivers wont already do.

Sounds like we are all in luck, since everybody here throws over 375. All the buzzz/roc threads get settled by which flies furthest, so we gets lots of practice throwing in order to figure out which one is better every few days.

Not recommend if you don't throw 375? Thats 95% of disc golfers. You would fail at a disc golf retail store

I've watched folks with 200-300ft of power throw this nice and straight no problems. I would recomens this to anyone

Not recommend if you don't throw 375? Thats 95% of disc golfers. You would fail at a disc golf retail store

I've watched folks with 200-300ft of power throw this nice and straight no problems. I would recomens this to anyone

I think he means that the disc isn't bad, but it's not groundbreakingly different from quite a number of other fairway drivers out there.

But if you like shiny new plastic...

you are both wrong in that point but I understand what you are getting at

I watched hundreds of people throw on the Disc Nation driving range every week

At 200ft of power everything flies the same. When you start reaching 375ft you can tell the difference between discs. Most adv players don't throw past 350ft here and they can shape shots just fine.

It isn't anything crazy or revolutionary. It is just another JLS/Teebird/Sabre type. Straight controlled fairway shots. thats it. People with 375ft of power know how to control that type of disc just fine

Yeah, That slot in my bag is already filled personally so I've got no reason to buy a Saint. I want to throw one just not buy one haha.

Sounds like a perfect fit for me. I don't really like my striker that much, though I never truly gave it a chance, I still need something as straight as the river and less turn. Looks like I've found a winner here.

Played my first couple of full rounds with thhe Saint this morning. I found myself reaching for it place of the Teebird, lots of similarities, just find it needs a little less effort. The difference for me is that it has a second gear, once you get it out past that 350ish mark it just keeps gliding.

I also found it to be a great forehand disc. I have had to develop this part of my game from the ground up, and the Saint is right in my wheelhouse. Nice smooth turnover line that always came out with a nice fade.

If the Teebird feels better and you find you don't need your Saints, I may have some Birds for trade here real soon.

Still curious how this will handle a headwind, because that will be the key if it is going to replace the Bird.

From what Ive read, the Teebird is a bit more stable and slightly less glidey, so it will probably be a better choice than the Saint for shots into a headwind

Still curious how this will handle a headwind, because that will be the key if it is going to replace the Bird.

My personal opinion is that since they are not as HSS as a Teebird, they will not be as good in the wind. You only have to watch that video of Hag-something to see that have quite a bit of turn. There may be more stable ones out there. Latitude is not that consistent. I found them to be a servicable fairway driver, but are not going to be as consistent as a Teebird. If they would only start molding Teebirds and Buzzzes in Opto, I'd be a happy person.

Kinda makes you wonder why Lat or someone doesn't throw away pride and simply do that. It makes sense unless lawyers and laws prevent it. But a slightly less stable Teebird with lots of glide is a still a very good thing. And for us sad, pathetic, non-400' throwers, it will work just fine.

Kinda makes you wonder why Lat or someone doesn't throw away pride and simply do that. It makes sense unless lawyers and laws prevent it. But a slightly less stable Teebird with lots of glide is a still a very good thing. And for us sad, pathetic, non-400' throwers, it will work just fine.

Exactly. At my sub 300 power, this will probably be very Birdlike.

my packaged should be showing up tomorrow too. luckily the wife is out of town, which means i can bring a change of clothes with me to work and go straight to the course afterwards.

Nice. I will not be that lucky tomorrow. I am going to get nailed. And not in the good way.

I can't wait to get mine in tomorrow. Won't be able to throw em till Sunday but looking forward to it. I am looking for something teebird like but I wouldn't mind something a little less stable. Just hoping it is not to much like my aged olf 1.1's. Anyone that has thrown one also throw olf's? How do they compare?

From what Ive read, the Teebird is a bit more stable and slightly less glidey, so it will probably be a better choice than the Saint for shots into a headwind

my opto handled headwinds very well today, surprisingly so actually. Everyone I let throw it decided they needed one for their bag.