• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

Got my 173 GL today. Won't get to throw it until tomorrow but feels great. Not as pearly as most but it's for throwing.
b3x474.jpg

Alright, here is my sub-300 power take on the Saint:

Leopard : Teebird :: River : Saint

For me, the Saint flew extremely similar lines to my 167 12x Champ Teebird. Straight with a healthy fade. If I didn't snap it enough, it would stall out early. Honestly, I didn't see a Jude difference between the two, except for on low lasers, where the Saint out-glided the Teebird. On some throws, the Saint went a touch longer. But not much.

It seems that this is definitely a fairway driver, but it lacked the wow-factor I experienced when throwing the River, Fuse, and Warship for the first time. That said, I am going to let it compete with the Teebird for a bit in sort of a battle royale.

The unintended consequence of my field work today, though, was that I finally unlocked the potential of my 157 P-PD. Holy awesome, Batman! This thing was outdistancing my Teebird and Saint by 50 feet. Good stuff!

Overall, if you want a River complement and an all-Latitude bag, grab a Saint. If you already have Teebirds, it's up in the air.

Those light weight discs can do a lot more than most people think. I wonder what a 157 saint would do?

light weight discs are great but can get a away easier and will get pushed around in the wind. I have gone to lesser weight discs and really like them but have noticed how touchy they can be if not thrown close to the way you want.

after throwing a 165 opto today, I can say its definitely more stable than I thought itd be... pretty much on par with a teebird. I dont think I can tell which one is more stable. This opto plastic is a little gummier than past opto ive used, but feels good in the hand. Im hoping after some use itll start to lose a little bit of that stability. Its really a gorgeous disc

My Optos are gummy too. I like the gummy Optos I've used. And if it is decent in the wind, I'm fully in.

I am curious as to how these are flying for the big 400'+ arms out there? How stable are they and what are they similar too?
Read backward a few pages. There are a few qualified reviews from people who throw for distance.

I'm curious about the aforementioned comparison of the Saint being a shorter/slower Sword. Are people who throw both finding this to be true?

Received my pink opto 164 and yellow gl 168 today. Went to the field next door for some throws. This disc is not a Teebird, but it is the closest thing to a Teebird I've ever thrown that isn't stamped as a Teebird. Mine are a little more overstable than I anticipated by reading previous posts. Very easy to control with some nice tight S flights. Forehands well too. A great compliment to the River. Definitely a fairway driver for me. (I throw it about 300 to 325). In the bag now.

MST and DN arrived at the same time to DFW... for those that want to know.

Oh yeah... the Mercy putters are very nice.

I'm curious about the aforementioned comparison of the Saint being a shorter/slower Sword. Are people who throw both finding this to be true?

I would say that that's true. I could easily throw the same lines with both discs. As I said on the post above, the Saint is very controllable. Shaping a multitude of lines would seem possible. Every time I threw it, the Saint came back with some good fade. It flew very nicely into a 10mph wind. I know it will become straighter as it beats in, but one of them is in opto...

ok, here goes my thoughts on the handful of saints i threw today after work. for some background i've been trying really hard this year to break the 325-350 max plateau and get into the 375-400 range with control and 400-450 all out max d. so far it's been going pretty well, especially since i've got a course 2 minutes from my house now. leading up the past few weeks i've been getting an opto pure out over 300 and vip warships out over 330, so i've really been excited for this disc. i bought a handful in various weights and plastics hoping to bag 2-3 for various shots.

i was testing on the blue tee on hole 13 out at this course. it's marked 387 and is a laser straight shot at the pin and maybe a little room for a hyzer line.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=886

at the moment my bag consists of a 175 domey opto river, 150 champ teebird, 166 metal flake teebird, 150 s pd, 168 s pd, 175 c pd, 168 tournament sword, 171 vip sword, 2 kings, and a 168 tournament giant. i wanted to compare the river, teebirds, and pds to the saint and the disc definitely held its own. i had a raspberry 168 gl, 169 blood red opto, 172 magenta sparkle, 174 yellowish green opto, and 175 baby blue gl. the saint feels great in the hand, all of mine had a moderate dome, which is good. i used to hate domey discs, but it seems like latitude and west side discs that are flat are fairly flippy (not counting the freak firebird strikers). the first few throws sucked, but that's because i was walking up and trying to force the disc to bomb...and as many latitude discs do not like to be overpowered.

after i got in a rhythm i was consistently getting them out in the 360-390 range. i was throwing them with a very gentle hyzer and they were cruising out dead straight with some fade at the end. i'd say the fade was more than my teebirds, but i'm throwing light teebirds. the fade wasn't as hard as my pds, which like to fly, but once they slow down seem to dump off pretty hard at the end. the saints were out distancing my teebirds and pds by just a little, but felt so much more effortless to get out there. i didn't get any turn out of them at all when throw correct, i had a few wrist rolls in which they flipped over a bit, but the few i misfired on did fade back. what i loved about these is that had that certain point just like my river, in which you think the disc is about ready to slow down and start fading, but it keeps going straight for another 30-40 feet before it fades out. i really think these are going to crush once they break in a little bit. there was a little breeze blowing today and the wind didn't seem to effect them at all. i could see stronger winds flipping these some especially after they're broken in.

i see the saint being a very good compliment to the river. i get a tight little s line with my domey opto, and obviously it holds an anhyzer well. i would say the description of the saint being a mini sword is pretty accurate. if you don't get it up to speed it will appear overstable, but if you can get it to the point where the glide and straightness kicks in you're gonna love it. i really like the smaller rim, i feel like i was getting a very clean release with it. i can handle the sword's rim, but once in a while i get a bad throw from not having a comfortable grip on it. i only throw my kings when i don't need a lot of accuracy...the rim on it just isn't very consistent in my hand.

so i guess the important question is do i see this disc making my bag. i'm pretty comfortable in my choice to bag it. at this point i'm going to keep the river, 150 s pd for tailwinds and overhand shots, and c pd for massive headwinds and forehand shots. i'll probably pull both teebirds and the 168 s pd and continue to field test my handful of saints until i start to favor a few of them. right away though i liked the 168 raspberry gl and 169 blood red opto. i had some good pulls with the 175 baby blue gl also. i did notice the 175 yellowish green opto flew consistently shorter but more overstable than any of them. i'm really really liking my opto sword, and was pleasantly surprised to find the flight similar to it.

My mailman conveniently forgot to leave my package today! After calling the hub and talking to the supervisor, it was easiest for me to track him down a few miles away in the afternoon. Doh! Then to make matters worse, I couldn't test them tonight as planned.

167 dark blue sparkle opto...good looking disc. Since I couldn't throw it, I got out the calipers and compared visual profiles with several other discs. For those that care, it's technically a speed 8 wing width...falls squarely between 7 (Teebird and Eagle measured) and 9 (Viking, Valk, Roadrunner, OLF, Firebird measured). Feels good in the hand with the normal diameter...not like that odd size the Striker has.

Profile is very similar to a Teebird, but the Saint doesn't have the notch and the nose is a little thinner. Pretty close to the OLF but again without the notch. Mine has a very gradual low dome with a flat top. Can't wait to test it out tomorrow.

Side note: all these years of throwing Vikings off and on, and I never noticed what a funky wing it has...

hmmm oklahyzer you just made my ears perk up with that speed comment. My girly hands may just be able to throw this one!!