• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

hmmm oklahyzer you just made my ears perk up with that speed comment. My girly hands may just be able to throw this one!!

You definitely will be able to. It is very comfortable, and feels very much like a fairway driver in the hand. I was pleasantly surprised by this, as well.

Also.....if the inner rim is beveled, it's really minimal, like a couple degrees or so. Compared to the Striker's more noticeably beveled rim, it's much less of an angle if not just straight.

Alright, I really put the Saint through a workout tonight. I took it out to Fort Snelling where there are several holes over 500 feet, a few even topping out over 700. During the round I also threw a Villain, Giant, and a Discmania FD. Obviously this combination was designed not to have overlap, so I am not comparing any similarities between them, but how well it plays with them.

I am going to disagree in my own way that the Saint does not feel like a fairway driver. This is taking back a little bit of what I originally was thinking that this was a TeeBird clone. The Teebird feels more comfortable in my four finger power grip. All my wide-rimmed drivers starting with the Villain and obviously faster I feel comfortable with only a three finger power grip. The Saint feels comfortable enough to maintain the four fingers, but it is pushing it. Conversely the FD is the quintessential disc when it comes to comfort in a power grip.

However, despite its slightly altered grip in my hands, at least in comparision to the TeeBird, I am sticking with my original assessment that with my style and power, in the 350 feet and less category the Saint and Teebird are still interchangeable. I have said it before and tonight reaffirmed it for me, if there is any difference between the two discs at this power range, it is that the Saint has slightly better low-height glide and the slightest touch less LSS.

However to that however, tonight when I really opened it up going for level maximum distance, I am beginning to see what others are seeing in that 350+ feet mark. Before today, when I was comparing the Saints and TeeBirds in maximum distance, I was using flexing anhyzer lines. In those lines they have nearly identical results, with maybe the TeeBirds inching them out by a few feet (that tad more LSS flattens them out just before hitting the ground, fading forward those few extra feet). However, when going for maximum distance tonight using level flight (Fort Snelling is a golf course, while very open fairways, they are lined with trees on the edges), I did see some turn that I normally do not see in my TeeBirds. It really took a lot from me to get it to do it, but about mid flight I suddenly saw some flip up flat from the slightest of hyzers. I used this to my advantage and was starting to get some distance that I have not seen from myself in weeks (I blame the humidity and heat with messing with my technique and grip). Most holes where I opened it up were over 500 feet, so I have no way of knowing how far, but guessing by my upshots, it must have been around 380-410.

In this regard, I have to say that the Saints have a touch less HSS than TeeBirds. I really do not think I could get them over without OAT, so this tiniest bit of less HSS is not a detriment and will allow me to continue to throw them like I have been throwing my Birds.

As I have been saying, these results are all a product of my technique and game. In the last few months I have come the appreciate a mid-speed disc with neutral flight. Therein lies the problem. The Saint is a great disc, and I can cover everything I need with a FD, Saint, and Villain, but recently I have spent too much on TeeBirds to simply put them aside. I am still getting great results from the TeeBird, but tonight at Fort Snelling I was having one of my best rounds there ever (although I would like to have back two putts).

Therein lies the problem. The Saint is a great disc, and I can cover everything I need with a FD, Saint, and Villain, but recently I have spent too much on TeeBirds to simply put them aside.

This is exactly how I feel. I am going to let the Saint have a nice run, but the Birds have garnered some loyalty from me. It will be interesting to see if my Latitude fanboyness (it's a word!) wins out.

I will be getting my heavy GL and opto I ordered today. I can get my tb's out 400ft on hyzer and hyzer flip lines so if the saint is a slight less stable tb and more stable river with similar glide, I dont see why I wont be able to blast these past 400.

This is exactly how I feel. I am going to let the Saint have a nice run, but the Birds have garnered some loyalty from me. It will be interesting to see if my Latitude fanboyness (it's a word!) wins out.

I feel the same way. I really want to try the saint because I throw Lat 64 mids, as well as a GL River and TM River. But I really like my champ Teebird and it's been really working well for me. I feel like I'd have a lot of overlap if I carried a Saint as well. Also my Teebird has just beat in to that sweet spot where it has the slightest bit of turn when I really try to crush it. While still handling the wind well. I think I'm just going to wait it out. I'm sure I'll be replacing TB's with Saint's. Stupid awesome Lat plastic always wins out in the end.

My new Sparkle Opto Saint!

7514491260_0e03737ddb.jpg
[/url]
IMAG0520 by highcountryphotographer, on Flickr[/IMG]

Got my 173 GL Saint out this morning and I'll say in a year or less this will be the most popular Lat64 driver mold amongst fans. More than the River. :popcorn:

My flight numbers would be 9/7/-1/1 It has the most glide I've ever experienced on any driver. It's crazy straight, less fade than a TL or Teebird.

I threw it on some really low lines like 3-8 feet and it just held it the entire flight. Didn't rise and didn't lose any height until it dropped to the ground. Very beneficial to have since my regular courses have limbs over 15 feet and you have to stay low and use skip.

Didn't have but one chance to really open it up for distance and that went 350 before I hit a tree so I can see pushing 400 with this disc and my arm speed.

That shot was into a headwind and it did turn 20 feet right but I also had a little anhyzer on it. When I threw it flat it never turned more than a foot or two right and always ended with a slight fade.

I took the NutSac with a GL Flow, GL Saint, GL River as drivers. I found myself immediately looking for the line I could use the Saint and did every hole. It's going to be a go to just like my teebirds.

My disc comparisons are:
A really beat z Pred. Super beat.
A Valkyrie with less turn and less fade that doesn't rise on you.
A much faster TL with less fade.
Champ teebird with more glide less fade.
A faster, straighter River which I believe was the intention and it's right on the money.

My flight numbers would be 9/7/-1/1 It has the most glide I've ever experienced on any driver. It's crazy straight, less fade than a TL or Teebird.

I do not know if I would go as far as 7 for glide, more like a 6 if you can power it up, but for the most part I agree with you.

I would go with more 9/6/-0.5/1 compared to what I would go with for my TeeBirds 8.5/5/-0.25/2.

Looks slightly slanted on the rim but not nearly as much as the River. I wouldn't call it a + rim but it's got a little angle to it. It certainly felt nice in my hand and ripped out clean.

This is the first disc I've bought in long time that has been making me want to throw before work everyday. I have thrown several hundreds of shots with it at this point, and I'm absolutely diggin it. Stable out to 350 and it's got a second gear that kicks in with glide like mad out past that.

AAAAAHHHH!!!!!

I'm thinking of getting banned on here so you people stop making me buy new plastic. I really do not like any of you. Just ordered my GL Dye Max Pure from DD. And added a couple more Saints for the heck of it. I really need to make a sale thread someday. :wall:

Thats ok Sloppy, the favorite saying around my house right now is my wife saying "WTF", everytime she sees the bank statement.

The sale thread is where it's at, sloppy. I have been able to get most of my bag in order, plus backups, by selling my stuff I don't use any more. Trades have also been prosperous. It's a bit of a pain in the ass at first, but it pays off.

I almost backed out of an opto pure and drove down to dd to get the dyemax and mini but I can save ten bucks and still get a great disc. I've had their Dyemax it's awesome and worth the money. A free mini just sweetens the pot. If I didn't already have a DD metal mini I would've been lured in. I try to stay away from that shop it's like crack.

You've held one! JELLY!
yeah I threw it the first time on a 300 foot hyzer left around a cedar tree to a guarded basket hole. (Jones Park West Hole 1 long tee) I threw it about 80% power, straight rip, and it went the 300 and stayed completely straight. I played it for about a twenty foot fade and it was just a lazer no fade at all. Missed the putt :thmbdown: but I knew I was going to love the Saint and how workable it can be.

It has a great profile on it I will try to get a good pic. It's about like a champ 11x teebird but a little more dome to it. Like those CFR champ glo ones. It never did any stupid air bounce on me either it just stays at the height I throw. I can't get a teebird to do that all that time.

Not saying it's some revolutionary new disc it's just a great one in the plastic I covet. Stand by that 7 on the glide too. The saint had more glide than my river or flow by far.