• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

I'm only three days in with my Opto Saint, but I'm finding the Striker to be more overstable (despite the Saint being labelled as overstable and the Striker as stable) than the Saint, with the Saint having more turn.

I'd be interested to see how other fans of Joe's Flight Chart would rate the Saint based on that scale, as it's not updated with the disc yet. I would put it at Range 5/HSS -1.5/LSS 2.5/Pwr Req 5.

I don't think this is a hard disc to throw and it glides well so in terms of the Power Req I think 4 might be a more appropriate generalization

I don't have enough throws with the Saint yet nor with enough weights to agree or disagree with your HSS and LSS ratings

I may have a freaky Striker. My GL Striker is pretty much a straight flier with little fade. Both of my Saints, when thrown straight and flat, have a harder fade then my particular Striker. Strikers are funny, though. I used a bud's one day. It was so hard over, it was more like a Firebird or Villain.

I don't think this is a hard disc to throw and it glides well so in terms of the Power Req I think 4 might be a more appropriate generalization

I don't have enough throws with the Saint yet nor with enough weights to agree or disagree with your HSS and LSS ratings

Yeah, I had it as a 4 but changed it. I don't have enough experience with them either, let alone in different weights, just trying to help quantify the difference between a Striker and a Saint. The Saint being marked as overstable and the Striker as stable does bug me at the moment, because I'm seeing the opposite, at least in Opto.

I'm just here to say, once again, this disc has superfreaky long glide. Whenever I think its about to give up it's run, it drops down slightly and goes for another 20-40'.

how is the saint different from the striker? the numbers are pretty much identical.

My guess would be glide.

I may have a freaky Striker. My GL Striker is pretty much a straight flier with little fade. Both of my Saints, when thrown straight and flat, have a harder fade then my particular Striker. Strikers are funny, though. I used a bud's one day. It was so hard over, it was more like a Firebird or Villain.

Yeah I've never had one of these under stable gl strikers. All 9 of mine in various weights were similar to starfires and qolfs. So the saints I have fly more like TLs and heavy sidewinders.

So I finally got myself a Saint and had a chance to throw it in a field yesterday...and I am impressed. It is exactly what i was hoping it would be. It's a 173 GL, and I was worried that it would have too much turn from what people were saying about the GL's, but thats not the case for mine. Thrown flat, it had barely any turn, went dead straight for 80% of it's flight and then had a lite, forward moving fade. I'm sure as it gets beat up, it will develop a bit of turn, but thats fine with me, that just means I can throw slight hyzer laser beams! I will take it to a course this weekend and give another report.

im trying to find a good straight fairway driver. buzzz-like fairway driver? it seems like the saint might be right for this. im just wondering what plastic, weights or domes to look for to find the straight flyers with a little fade.

I would suggest that there is not likely to be much variance in the Saints at present as there are likely to few runs

a straight flyer will depend on what weights and distances that you normally throw

for me a 168 GL is very straight with just a little fade at the end
my 169 Opto is similare but a touch more HSS and LSS

I have recently done some deals to pick up some 174/5 Opto Saints in order to hopefully have a little higher HSS and LSS

in general a lighter 167-170 GL is going to be the straightest overall

for me a 168 GL is very straight with just a little fade at the end
my 169 Opto is similare but a touch more HSS and LSS

Those are the weights I normally throw for drivers. For reference regarding the flight of the discs, what distances do you throw?

IMG_5401.jpg

171g Swirly Blue Goodness with silver stamp.

Thanks, Dook! I got a blue with white swirls too, sweet, sweet plastic.

Here's a couple of roughs I did before the final art.

7648016370_1fd0676606_z.jpg

The one on the left was deemed Too Damn Sexy.

I thought the saint would challenge my Teebirds for a spot in the bag but it's my S line PD's that are in trouble, Threw my slightly seasoned S PD and same weight opto Saint on all shots today and both had near Identical flight, only difference was the saint took less effort to get there.

More trials to come, I have a 168 and 175 sparkle opto on the way so I'm hoping for more stability with that plastic. It will not however replace the gummy C PD for stable shots but I'm thinking it will take all S-PD's out of the bag from beat to new.

This. I found out that I can cover all but a few drives with Saints. I'm definitely also keeping the gummy C-PD for overstable shots but my beat S-PD and P-PDs get thrown less and less. For now I'm keeping a beat P-PD as a distance driver, but I recon that my 169 Gl Saint will beat nicely into that slot.

Saint doesn't replace my teebird, but it replaces my beast. It just goes so far with a comfortable grip. Not comparing the flight to a beast just the distance potential. Had some of my longer golf shots with the saint yesterday. My teebird is more overstable but at 300' of power the saint does not turn over for me and has a moderate fade at the end. It's lovely.

It's a 173 gold line Skullboy stamped. Sexy. Wish he'd get more then white in though!

Might try a heavy opto for a more overstable slot, but the opto striker might work better I think.

Thanks, Dook! I got a blue with white swirls too, sweet, sweet plastic.

Here's a couple of roughs I did before the final art.

The one on the left was deemed Too Damn Sexy.

ANy idea what disc you will get to work on next for a skullboy custom stamp?

Latest posts