• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

I have been rocking my saint opto and I love it, its a bit heavy I think (172) I think I'm going to order a gl saint but I want to go lighter any recommendations ? Plus I have a 172 river and I want to go to lighter on my gl purchase of that too

yup yup 165-167 gl will compliment the opto well.

Good luck finding them below 167. Hope you won't care what color it is.

I'm not trying to be negative everyone. Just letting them know the hard time I am having finding lighter weights for Gold Line plastic, 166 or less.

Good luck finding them below 167. Hope you won't care what color it is.

I'm not trying to be negative everyone. Just letting them know the hard time I am having finding lighter weights for Gold Line plastic, 166 or less.
hmmm sitting on 2 164 gold line and 2 167. oh well

How do the saints opto/GL do in a heavier weight? Ive noticed everyone pushing the lighter weights, and my opto I picked up was a 167 and I really like it. Just wondering how much of a difference there will be if I picked up a heavy one.

How do the saints opto/GL do in a heavier weight? Ive noticed everyone pushing the lighter weights, and my opto I picked up was a 167 and I really like it. Just wondering how much of a difference there will be if I picked up a heavy one.

All depends on you, really. I gave away my 167g Saint and bought a 172 (both Opto) because I wanted just a tic more stability.

a heavier Opto will turn but likely not as much or as easily as a light GL
the LSS will likely kick in just a bit sooner and finish quicker but not in a dramatic fashion

Both of my 166 Optos have a bit of turn, like a seasoned Eagle. I can't imagine lighter GL's having even more. That would be borderline River. I suppose in that case you could season a lighter GL a bit and cover your understable and stable fairway with one mold.

My 173 GL is actually very stable. I can't really hyzer flip it at all. I can still work some amazing lines, but it always has a fade on it and can't throw it quite as straight as I would like. Thinking about picking up a 167ish weight Opto to compliment it. Either that or work this dang flashing off of it.

My 173 GL is actually very stable. I can't really hyzer flip it at all. I can still work some amazing lines, but it always has a fade on it and can't throw it quite as straight as I would like. Thinking about picking up a 167ish weight Opto to compliment it. Either that or work this dang flashing off of it.

Heavier weights are definitely more stable. I'm throwing a a 172 and a 174 opto and they're more stable than my 175g Champ Wraith (7/10 condition).

So after my first round out with my new saint...on the third throw...i threw it into a lake. After searching for about 20 minutes in the 4 ft deep water...it was finally found and recovered. :clap: Good news...it was about 50 ft farther than ive ever thrown before.

That's why we buy two. One the throw and one to show.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lat64SaintGL173_pair.jpg
    Lat64SaintGL173_pair.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 100

Latest posts