• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Trident.

I'm still loving my Opto Tridents. They fit perfect between my FLX and Z Drones and Opto XXX's. I've had a few GL discs and never really liked them or the plastic.

Trident is perfect for a midrange shot where I would normally throw a Drone, but want more skip. Or a fairway shot that I want to hold straight for longer before fading than the XXX.

All 3 discs are great for overhands and FH rollers, just depends on the distance and line I want to hit.

I think my Tridents are staying in the bag, for now. Played Fountain Hills today for the first time and they got pulled on a few shots out to 300ft where I wanted to be sure any skip was going to avoid water. They fly very Nicely with a predictable fade, even in the wind. Diggin' it. Oh, I can't get over how much I like the rim over a typical mid range rim, too.

Its all about money on that decision.

Great utility driver designed more for serious use rather than recreational.

Love the lip on these such a tough looking disc.

I already smell limited edition release through DD site...

So you know...they can charge a little extra for that premium plastic ;) ...

I personally feel lat has fallen from favor with many and they have also oversaturated certain sections of their own lineup. This is probably their attempt to start cleaning up and do better, but they're getting rid of a unique mold that didn't really have a ton overlap with anything but the xxx.

Was a really great banshee imitator with much more overall utility.

I personally feel lat has fallen from favor with many and they have also oversaturated certain sections of their own lineup. This is probably their attempt to start cleaning up and do better, but they're getting rid of a unique mold that didn't really have a ton overlap with anything but the xxx.

All the more reason to contact the. And let them know of the mistake they're making.

Btw, I'm not sure why you think Lat has fallen out of favor. A goodly number of their discs are very popular, and I see Lat64 well represented on DG courses.

I kind of agree Kodachrome, it seems that Dynamic has stolen some of their thunder, ironic in that Lat makes their discs. Dynamic has a lot of vocal fans who proclaim their greatness, and a lot of Lat 64 molds that were as good get lost in the dust of hype.

Trident and Pain are great molds, and should continue forward - the drivers they dumped seems fairly valid to me.

My guess is that maybe the metal mold itself has worn out and it wasn't selling that great, rather then invest in the same mold come out with something less overlapping with the XXX.

Could be the same issue with the others, Pain is old. Doesn't seem to sell much. Now they are coming out with the Compass, another OS Midrange. Of course they have the Mace too.

As far as the drivers the Villain and Blitz really are not super sellers and what do you know, they introduce the Cutlass.

New sells, new is better? Maybe.

The Trident was the final nail in the coffin for me and Lat64. I know all manufacturers have some inconsistency issues and maybe it's just been my bad luck, but the Trdent I bought flew like a glidless Eagle-L. From what I heard, I got one of the bad runs, go figure!

The only Lat64 discs I have left is a few Claymores. I don't care what they make OOP, I don't see myself buying another LAT64 disc in the foreseeable future.

The Trident might have been the worst offender though, I had two, one flipped a bit, the other was a beefcake.

My overall experience with Trilogy is that it is not any better or worse then any of the other big disc makers. I actually prefer a little inconsistency as I like to carry a couple of the same molds usually and it's nice to have one that's a little more stable then the other.

There's inconsistencies from different batches of plastic and then there's differences from a mold retool. I'm pretty sure there's a thread somewhere about the trident getting a retool.
The beefy ones are the original mold and the ones that turn some with late fade are the retool.

I guess they might feel the Spark is good enough to do Trident things as well at less OS XXX things?

My guess is that maybe the metal mold itself has worn out and it wasn't selling that great, rather then invest in the same mold come out with something less overlapping with the XXX.

To this point, this is the best explanation I have heard for taking the Trident OOP.

New sells, new is better? Maybe.

That certainly seems to be Innova's business model vis-a-vis some molds. And one cannot say it's a failed business model... :popcorn:

i just want to find some domey opto tridents to replace the one i lost :( these flat ones arent the same

Anyone looking to stock up on these while they still can, there is a good selection at Infinite Discs

Latest posts