• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Trident.

So I just threw my Trident against a Spark, and I'm not 100% convinced there isn't some mold pieces shared or tweaked.

The Spark is faster and maybe a touch more HSS but the flight is so similar for me.

I threw them both FH on a slight hyzer and they would flip up, ride out to 360 and dump.

Right but the 380 pin almost the exact same line and flight.

I might do my next video on this.

So I just threw my Trident against a Spark, and I'm not 100% convinced there isn't some mold pieces shared or tweaked.

The Spark is faster and maybe a touch more HSS but the flight is so similar for me.

I threw them both FH on a slight hyzer and they would flip up, ride out to 360 and dump.

Right but the 380 pin almost the exact same line and flight.

I might do my next video on this.

Please do - seems likea 1 for 1 replacement.

I'd really like to see a GL Spark sooner than later before I'll even think of giving up my Tridents. I have a very wide variety of Tridents that do slightly different things given plastic/wear/weight, but I can't re-create that right now because Sparks are Opto only (RGL but the color choices were all tough to find colors). The other issue is that Sparks are only available now in a very narrow weight range. I've got a 162g Trident that flies like no other, and some 178g Tridents that are at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Agree- spark needs to be in more plastic types. A base plastic would be amazing.

The xxx, trident, spark are all more similar than dissimilar in my book.

A single company probably doesn't need all three and the main differentiator other than diameter is the shape of the flight path.

While the Spark and Trident both have L shaped flight, the Trident has a propensity to stay aloft during its impressive fade, whereas the Spark falls more quickly.

The XXX in its higher weights has a much more crescent like flight pattern in my experience. They fade for most of the flight, but not so dramatically that it is an unbearable meathook.

I think they should and eventually will make Sparks in many plastics.

We're I not heavily invested in Firebirds I could see an Elasto/Opto/Zero triumvirate carrying that spot nicely.

So I have a flat top Opto Trident I love, but I can't find any others like it. It definitely flies like an L, easy to go straight and get up to speed and then had a glidey fade way off to the side. I got two Gold Line ones to see if I could stumble upon another one that flies like that, but nah. Are champ Banshees similar in that L shape?

I never have understood Lat 64 discontinuing this mold

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I know, it kills me. I didn't even seek out the good one I got, my friends and I do a discmas where we secret santa each other discs, and he got it for me as an anchorman joke

I have 4 money opto tridents that are just sitting in a box. Yes its a good disc, but the Longbowman replaced it. Feel like its a bit more versatile

some of the longest fh roller i have ever thrown were with this disc. It is still in a lot of pros bags.

Can't believe I didn't buy the one that came up on Facebook the other week after reading this... :p

Anyone compared its stability and fade to the spark in different plastics? I'm trying out the xxx in my bag but it's so OS I can't even get distance with a flex shot. :D

the trident is a very blunt nose disc. like nothing else resembles it. utility but not stupid os.

longer than xxx. very workable. reason it did not get super popular is because it works well on any shot but doesn't have a lot of glamour.

So I have a flat top Opto Trident I love, but I can't find any others like it. It definitely flies like an L, easy to go straight and get up to speed and then had a glidey fade way off to the side. I got two Gold Line ones to see if I could stumble upon another one that flies like that, but nah. Are champ Banshees similar in that L shape?

I doubt it. Banshees have been coming out super domey so they probably fly no better (or worse) than flat Tridents. If you can find a flat, PFN Banshee though, those are $$$. I love discs of this sort, it's becoming the middle-child of disc manufacturers. :thmbdown:

just traded for a slightly beat in, GL Trident, flies similar to a shorter/slower Spark to me, It does seem to sit well for spike hyzers and thumbers- interesting disc, and may find a place in my bag - shorter distance utility usage, and FHs- between Justice and Felon?

any other comparisons or things this disc does well?

For me it was the disc I used as a very OS mid BH and FH until they started getting beat in, then it became too long to do that well. It's not a fast disc, but I've thrown them close to 400 before.

The large diameter makes it great for rollers and FH flex shots though.

just traded for a slightly beat in, GL Trident, flies similar to a shorter/slower Spark to me, It does seem to sit well for spike hyzers and thumbers- interesting disc, and may find a place in my bag - shorter distance utility usage, and FHs- between Justice and Felon?

any other comparisons or things this disc does well?

If you give it enough height, as it slows down it will have the most sideways fade out of a disc you can get. It's perfect for dog legs and easy to range since it never wants to go super far with the blunt rim. Also has a great hand feel for forehand.

Latest posts