• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Trident.

thought they discontinued this mold.. then all of sudden special runs of tridents. and closet trident fans. nice..

Hi, I'm swhite, and I'm a Trident fan too. Population several dozen and growing - fans on this thread, and my stack of Tridents. :thmbup:

Just grabbed a couple Retros, just to see what this is all about. I have an opto that flies as advertised.

I think that on these boarderline molds that have fans but aren't super hot sellers. People have been talking about them doing another run since they announced the OOP.

Wish they hadn't done it this way. Tridents would still have a spot in my bag, but I'm not going do buy a bunch now that I've acclimated to a Justice.

hmm you must have had some of the earlier meathook Tridents. I had a justice and the thing was ridiculously overstable and none of the tridents I have would overlap much with it.

Yes, first run optos were my jam.

Threw the Retro Burst Trident for the first time today. Pretty similar flight my Opto. The Retro felt good in the 20 degree weather. This is a baseline disc that could have a very long life cycle, as it has beef to spare.

I've put this in my winter bag - it is perfectly predictably over-stable. Gave it to my friend to try, and he blasted into a tree, and there was no effect. Great winter disc.

Seeing as supply is limited, and I have been having such great results, gabbed a couple more. This has become an instant staple for windy rounds, like today, and yesterday, and the day before, etc.

I don't know if I have a freak Trident or XXX, but my XXX is waaaaay more overstable than my Trident. My Trident flies pretty straight then has its fade at the end, almost like a new Champ Teebird.

I don't remember who explained it to me, but it was right - the Trident (or mine, at least) flies in the shape of a tall L, whereas the XXX flies in a curved shape, like a C.

I recently bought a moonshine trident for a beefcake mid/fairway and mine too flies very straight for like 250ft. and then fades.. i can even get some good turn out of mine.. thinking maybe we got freaks...

Out of the newest runs of trident the moonshine ones are the best for sure. Something about tridents in gold line just doesn't work out for me, not HSS enough. I liked my one moonshine so much I got a second one as they're the closest to my old opto one I sadly lost.
Only problem is how expensive they are.

I have 2 retro bursts and I havent gotten to throw them yet but man these things look cool

my retro burst is really beefy, more than most of my optos.. I got it expecting flippy but after a round using it and hitting several trees it holds its shape and flight.

my retro burst is really beefy, more than most of my optos.. I got it expecting flippy but after a round using it and hitting several trees it holds its shape and flight.

I have stocked up - these are crazy great. The blunt nose minimizes damage, and they maintain flight, well, at least for the half year I've been abusing it. My stash of just a handful will probably outlive me:D

I have stocked up - these are crazy great. The blunt nose minimizes damage, and they maintain flight, well, at least for the half year I've been abusing it. My stash of just a handful will probably outlive me:D

Fortunatly my pile of 20 or so optos will last years.. I am onto my second one after 3 years. And thats because I lost 1..

Fortunatly my pile of 20 or so optos will last years.. I am onto my second one after 3 years. And thats because I lost 1..

I'm pretty jealous, my opto one was by far my favorite, and it's gone.
The moonshine ones are close but seem to be missing a little bit of that magic. Retro ones are the most overstable and then I have 2 gold lines (one burst one old) that aren't super HSS and a SE stamp gold line which has appreciable turn but that same biting fade at the end.

I'm pretty jealous, my opto one was by far my favorite, and it's gone.
The moonshine ones are close but seem to be missing a little bit of that magic. Retro ones are the most overstable and then I have 2 gold lines (one burst one old) that aren't super HSS and a SE stamp gold line which has appreciable turn but that same biting fade at the end.

The optos are interesting, most were super overstable but the last run was flat and not stable at all. I like the not stable ones so I have a pile of beef ones that will never get thrown.. trade you for gold lines lol

The SE Gold line one has been thrown a couple times, I'd saaay 7.5ish? with some ink/stamp on the underside.
It's definitely the least stable one I've thrown, I would definitely trade it for an opto. I can send a couple pics if you want.

Played in windy 25° conditions today, and my three best shots were all headwind shots with the retro burst Trident, all 150-200, and all parked. This mold is so awesome, and I love the grip of Retro: Trident is the perfect mold for baseline, because it just doesn't change. Mine is all dinged up, but still flies the same. Such a comfortable mold to throw as well. My mids are angry.

I know Lat 64 said the discontinuation of certain molds was not considered permanent, and the Retro Burst was proof of that. Hope they keep putting 'em out on occasion

Latest posts