• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude/Dynamic OOP molds

I'm really contemplating switching to the maiden as a putting putter but I'm fearful that it will be discontinued. Anyone know if they are doing the announcement for westside at the same time as lat64? Whenever that is.

I think the Compass is on the upper tier of mids for all of the Trilogy discs. The Explorer seems good but I haven't thrown a beat one to know how the HSS gets, however there isn't much competition in that speed 7 range for Trilogy. I'm not worried about either of those molds though, just coming up with a few Lat molds that I think stand out.

The Fuse is probably Latitude royalty. Lots of their pros throw them. JohnE, Jordan Castro (carries multiples), and Chris Clemons do for sure.

I'm really contemplating switching to the maiden as a putting putter but I'm fearful that it will be discontinued. Anyone know if they are doing the announcement for westside at the same time as lat64? Whenever that is.
Based on the infinite discs sales lists I would think the Maiden is pretty safe. Would be a pity if it was discontinued, I love the mold for throwing and putting. My putting got so much more confident and consistent since I use it.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930T mit Tapatalk

They said that Westside would be last. Probably not until the end of the year or early 2020.

Maiden is pretty new though, they have a lot of others that would make more sense to cut.

I have not read through this thread but if Lat 64 is discontinuing some molds, could they please bring back the Trident while they are at it?

Trident is example A of the fact that "retiring" these molds doesn't mean we're never going to see them produced again. Since the Trident was retired, it's gotten at least two limited production runs.

I have not read through this thread but if Lat 64 is discontinuing some molds, could they please bring back the Trident while they are at it?

Yes, thank you :clap: I've always been a sucker for the speed 6ish OS discs for short flick shots and I already throw 80% trilogy but so far nothing in Trilogy has come up to replace my viper. Was thinking about biting the bullet and stocking up on tridents in hopes that by the time I run out/lose them, they release a similar disc

Trident is example A of the fact that "retiring" these molds doesn't mean we're never going to see them produced again. Since the Trident was retired, it's gotten at least two limited production runs.

It does seem like people think manufacturers destroy the molds when they disco a mold. Unfortunately everybody then bitches that the limited runs are too expensive and don't buy them.

That's useful but I'd prefer to have a full selection in terms of plastics and weights. All the ones I see right now are 177g. I'm still gonna buy one, and appreciate the availability, but man that was one of their best discs.

Lat 64 definitely makes some good and unique discs. I don't blame them for retiring the clunkers (there is only so much shelf-space). I just wish the Trident was not among them sales-wise.

Latitude 64 retires all 2K overmolds and Hex molds.

From e-mail ...

My fellow disc golfers,

There is a new decade on the horizon. We have, for the last 15 years, gathered great knowledge within the company, with high tech production of discs for the Dynamic Discs, Latitude 64, and Westside Discs brands.

During this time, we have implemented several new revisions of technology in the production, developed several plastic blends, additives and effects.

The time has come to utilize our history to the fullest extent for the disc golf community and give our loyal fans even higher quality and more innovative products for the future.

To make room for the future, we are forced to take a hard look at our current line-up. We have retired molds before. Medius, Mirus and Primitus, all from our first fledgling line-up, have been discontinued for many years. And a few years ago we decided to retire Vision, Trident, Blitz, Riot, Villain and Pain.

Effective immediately we will retire the following molds.
Bryce | Zion | Fuji | Gobi | Sarek | Missilen | Raketen

Why are we retiring all the 2K molds?
The overmold project was an exciting technology that we enjoyed mastering. The visuals were certainly pleasing. However, our tests show that the actual benefits in disc flights are not enough to make a noticeable difference. Besides that, the overmold technology presented us with inconsistency problems. From now on, we will be fully focused on making the best flying, most consistent, and good looking discs in one piece.

Why are we retiring the Hex molds?
The Hex pattern we used on the Missilen and Raketen was another project we were excited to try out. The goal was to make discs fly faster and further. And the difference were certainly noticeable. The air drag decreased significantly, so speed increased. The glide, however, was decreased. Ultimately, the discs flew about the same distance as a similar wide rim disc would have without the Hex pattern.

Are all these discs retired permanently?
Some discs will be available through our custom run program. These are Vision, Trident, Blitz, Riot, Villain, Pain, Missilen, and Raketen.

Also, many of these molds are still in stock within the supply chain, so you will most likely be able to pick them up for some time. However, once they are sold out, they will no longer be available as stock items.

Stay tuned!
This is just the beginning of our new restructure plan. Stay tuned for more phases and updates through the fall as we are preparing for the launch of our new product program for the next decade.

I feel like the only one of those anybody will be sad about is the Gobi...but it's a favorite of AJ Risley so...

giphy.gif

Lat64...'Besides that, the overmold technology presented us with inconsistency problems'.

MVP and Axiom's future?
I found an MVP Tesla and saw the overmold outer rim did not fit flush with the flight plate (upper or lower). That would obviously create wind drag. It had a really awful OS flight pattern. If I didn't play disc golf I might think this was a pool toy or something for a dog to chew on.

Lat64's overmolds were just cosmetic. They didn't "effect the flight" because they were just two existing plastics adhered with no other changes. MVP uses overmolds for weight distribution. How much that effects flight is up for debate but I do think it does. In terms of consistency, I still think mvp is one of the most consistent manufacturers, but they have been letting a few more discs slip through the cracks as they've gotten bigger.

Sorry for the rant but as soon as I read Lat64's statement about why the cancelled their overmolds I knew a parallel would be drawn.

Makes sense to retire those molds.

Doesn't makes sense, business-wise, to drag out this announcement process. :thmbdown:

" We have more news coming, and you might not like it, but you'll just have to wait until the next episode to find out. We appreciate your business!"

" We have more news coming, and you might not like it, but you'll just have to wait until the next episode to find out. We appreciate your business!"

More like "We're taking molds OOP, but we won't tell you which ones so you'll panic and buy discs you're afraid of going OOP... and also having contests guessing which discs we take OOP to keep you interested and enhance our social media 'likes' (and revenues)."

More like "We're taking molds OOP, but we won't tell you which ones so you'll panic and buy discs you're afraid of going OOP... and also having contests guessing which discs we take OOP to keep you interested and enhance our social media 'likes' (and revenues)."

Probably more like, "OOP discs sell pretty well for a short time. We'll spread out the announcements, knowing that most people can only spend just so much on plastic each month. So, spread out the announcements just enough in the hope that folks will be more inclined to impulsively burn more money again."

Nothing in the trilogy cuts has hurt me yet, but so help me if they cut the Stag. I've expressed similar emotions before, but if they do that I might quite literally drive to Emporia, say mean things to Ruscoe(play all of those courses we see at GBO) and drive home.