• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Discs 5th Release "The Ghost"

I feel like Lion has told us a few times that the Ghost is not the 8X Roc mold. It's probably just a good clone, not sure why Innova would let go of a mold, to be honest.

Got some birthday money and decided to order some Protege Ghosts....Except as I now know they don't make them. Of all the molds to press in Protege I figured this would be it..I want a Protege Ghost cycle going on! Is there a reason they aren't?

Yeah, seems like a no brainer to me. :confused:

I really really like the ghost in gravity plastic. Seems to fly straight and true. Takes a beating when it hits trees seems to hold up pretty well.

I really really like the ghost in gravity plastic. Seems to fly straight and true. Takes a beating when it hits trees seems to hold up pretty well.

I'd agree with that. The plastic feels soft, but it seems to wear well. And it starts with a soft fade and just gets straighter.

I feel like Lion has told us a few times that the Ghost is not the 8X Roc mold. It's probably just a good clone, not sure why Innova would let go of a mold, to be honest.

You don't need Innova's actual mold to make another 8x Roc. You just need to replicate using http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_scanner Then a mold maker/tooling company could make the mold of the data collected on the 3d scan. I'm not saying this IS what Legacy did, I'm just saying it eliminates the idea that Innova would have to give or sell a mold to Legacy.
In any case, whatever they did, I like it! Protege Ghosts please!

Wasn't there a weight issue with the Protege plastic or am I just imagining a conversation I had? I thought there was some issue with it.

Anyways, I have this purty Metallic Ghost (don't even know what they call this plastic blend) that I got from lion and I haven't really thrown it that much. So this weekend I was just practicing with it and I'm noticing I can get the best anhyzers with this thing. It fights out a little, but only at the very end. All the other Ghosts I've thrown want to flex a lot harder than this one. Anybody else notice this or did I just have a breakthrough in my anhyzer throwing form? (yeah right!)

For the record this is a 179g Metallic Ghost. I've thrown all the other blends, except Pinnacle, and all in the 177-180g weight range. Metallic Ghost is far from beating in. It's only seen field work.

Wasn't there a weight issue with the Protege plastic or am I just imagining a conversation I had? I thought there was some issue with it.

Anyways, I have this purty Metallic Ghost (don't even know what they call this plastic blend) that I got from lion and I haven't really thrown it that much. So this weekend I was just practicing with it and I'm noticing I can get the best anhyzers with this thing. It fights out a little, but only at the very end. All the other Ghosts I've thrown want to flex a lot harder than this one. Anybody else notice this or did I just have a breakthrough in my anhyzer throwing form? (yeah right!)

For the record this is a 179g Metallic Ghost. I've thrown all the other blends, except Pinnacle, and all in the 177-180g weight range. Metallic Ghost is far from beating in. It's only seen field work.

The metallic ghost is a line holder, and the plastic feels great! Too bad it's not a production run...

Protege beats in a little too quickly, right now. It works great for putters, but once you hit something at high speed with it, no so much. So the boys are tweaking the blend to get a little more durability out of it.

What does everyone pair these with in their bags? I've been looking to pick one up and pair it with my Comets. Or do you guys just cycle them like Rocs?

What does everyone pair these with in their bags? I've been looking to pick one up and pair it with my Comets. Or do you guys just cycle them like Rocs?

Right now this is the only mid in my bag. Im carrying a fresh pinnacle, fresh(ish) excel and a nicely worked in excel. It took me about two months to get my worked excel to fly completely straight with no fade. It took a lot of damage initially and a lot of tree smashes but now it is just a great flyer.

I have yet to try gravity, it really felt like r-pro to me so I stayed away. I am hoping the protege ghost will be the same durability as a kc pro or similar. But I can hit any midrange shot aside from a pure turnover(without OAT) with these 3.

i really do like this disc, but the pinnacle plastic is just too slippery IMO. it could be the lower temperatures, i'm sure, but all my other discs with the exception of my Z comet feel just fine in-hand with these temps. :(

can't imagine how hard to hang on it would be when it gets wet.

great disc, really like the flight, but the search continues . . .

i really do like this disc, but the pinnacle plastic is just too slippery IMO. it could be the lower temperatures, i'm sure, but all my other discs with the exception of my Z comet feel just fine in-hand with these temps. :(

I can see what you mean. I live in California and we do not get very cold, but a few of the times that were kind of cold, the disc wasn't as grippy as I would have liked. Of course this disc can take a beating and that I'm sure is the trade-off.

I have the exact same issue with my pinnacle 2nd run. It just doesnt feel right and I had to put it up after 2 rounds because it just wasnt working for me. I'm gonna pull it out when it gets warmer and see if that helps but i'll stick to my other mids for now.

I was thinking about picking up a ghost to try out, but I have very little experience with Legacy plastic. Any advice on whether I should get it in Icon or Pinnacle?

I was thinking about picking up a ghost to try out, but I have very little experience with Legacy plastic. Any advice on whether I should get it in Icon or Pinnacle?

Different discs. I'd go pinnacle. The icon is more overstable and the plastic is not nearly as grippy. Pinnacle is straighter and people seem to really be loving theirs.

Latest posts