• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Discs 5th Release "The Ghost"

I was thinking about picking up a ghost to try out, but I have very little experience with Legacy plastic. Any advice on whether I should get it in Icon or Pinnacle?

From my experience the pinnacle version is much much more stable than the gravity/excel editions. So it just depends on what you're looking for. My gravity ghost almost flies like a buzz out of the box it's weird!

What do the pinnacle and icon plastics compare to from other companies? Or do they not really have anything good to compare to? I held a pinnacle rival once, and it wasn't clear like some of the pinnacle pictures I see. Looked and felt more like a stiffer star plastic to me.

Icon is more like Star, Pinnacle is more like Champ (remember that not all Champ is clear either).

Icon is more like Star, Pinnacle is more like Champ (remember that not all Champ is clear either).

Pinnacle is very stiff though something that should be noted when being compared to champ. In fact it's the only reason I don't throw my pinnacle ghost too stiff to be comfortable in the hand especially during winter

I have a few and a pretty stiff usdgc Jl tl and it not as stiff as my pinnacle ghost.
And Jl has more grip than the ghost also. Although I really don't care for stiff plastic so I don't throw any of the Jl drivers, terns feel pretty gummy for Jl I'm not sure why they don't use that Jl for all the drivers.

1st run pinnacle rivals were some of the stiffest champ type plastic I've ever felt, and I bought at least 6 of them. ai was nervous throwing them in the winter but I believe that tbird said he hadn't had issues with his in the winter (I was afraid they'd shatter)

anyway my point is that the pinnacle ghost first runs I have aren't nearly as stiff. :thmbup:

1st run pinnacle rivals were some of the stiffest champ type plastic I've ever felt, and I bought at least 6 of them. ai was nervous throwing them in the winter but I believe that tbird said he hadn't had issues with his in the winter (I was afraid they'd shatter)

anyway my point is that the pinnacle ghost first runs I have aren't nearly as stiff. :thmbup:

That's weird my fr ghost is stiffer than my first run rival both are blue not sure what difference color makes with legacy plastic if any at all.

I would love to feel the gummy pinnacle people talk about as i much prefer tummies plastics or at least not super stiff.

Anyone tossed the 167-168 2nd Run Pinnacle Ghosts? We got some in today at the shop. These are nice and pearly with more dome. I really want one...

I have a few and a pretty stiff usdgc Jl tl and it not as stiff as my pinnacle ghost.
And Jl has more grip than the ghost also. Although I really don't care for stiff plastic so I don't throw any of the Jl drivers, terns feel pretty gummy for Jl I'm not sure why they don't use that Jl for all the drivers.

JL is all over the map for me in terms of grip and firmness. The cranberry (the cranberry Brinster TeeBird Jay Dub has is similar) Tern I had was somewhat gummy, but the orange F2 Brinster TeeBird was really slick.

The Tern (of the ones I fondled before buying, only the cranberry was like this) was barely softer than most of the Pinnacle (Rivals and Ghosts) I own. The Pinnacle Patriots are all softer, with some being 11X KC Pro gummy. The rest of the JL molds (Eagles, Gazelles, Brinster TeeBirds, Vipers) I have are so stiff they are absolute weapons.

Bender, that wasn't me as I haven't thrown in the freezing cold yet, but I don't see you having any issues with it since it's still fairly new. I'll be throwing my Patriots for sure. I may bag the Rival for fun so I can see if I can split one.

I would love to try one of those gummy patriots and I wish ghosts were made in that plastic. I love my 11x kc pro teebirds.

That's weird my fr ghost is stiffer than my first run rival both are blue not sure what difference color makes with legacy plastic if any at all.

I would love to feel the gummy pinnacle people talk about as i much prefer tummies plastics or at least not super stiff.

In terms of rivals, for 1st runs I ended up with an orange (peach), a black, a smoke, a green, a purple, and an ice blue. They all have the same stiffness to them, but as far as pinnacle ghosts, all three of mine are black...so I can't attest to the color/stiffness thought.

Bender, that wasn't me as I haven't thrown in the freezing cold yet, but I don't see you having any issues with it since it's still fairly new. I'll be throwing my Patriots for sure. I may bag the Rival for fun so I can see if I can split one.

Damn, I was pretty confident it was :doh: maybe it was Mr.Glass or something, apparently my memory needs a defrag. Either way, I ended up hitting PLENTY of trees with my 1st runs rivals last winter with no issues with durability. :thmbup:

In terms of rivals, for 1st runs I ended up with an orange (peach), a black, a smoke, a green, a purple, and an ice blue. They all have the same stiffness to them, but as far as pinnacle ghosts, all three of mine are black...so I can't attest to the color/stiffness thought.

Damn, I was pretty confident it was :doh: maybe it was Mr.Glass or something, apparently my memory needs a defrag. Either way, I ended up hitting PLENTY of trees with my 1st runs rivals last winter with no issues with durability. :thmbup:

I would imagine anything a first run rival would hit would be far more likely to break than the disc lol!

The Pinnacle Patriots are all softer, with some being 11X KC Pro gummy. The rest of the JL molds (Eagles, Gazelles, Brinster TeeBirds, Vipers) I have are so stiff they are absolute weapons.

What ones are that gummy? I know that FR Pinnacle Rivals I had were so stiff that in winter I was very worried that they would kill someone if it hit them! :gross:

The beefier flat Ivory 168 Pinnacles are the gummiest of all. The other, domier, more Patriot-like Pinnacles are gummy as well but to a lesser degree.

Neither types are anywhere near as stiff as the production stamped, flat Rivals (light blue and white) I have. And, no, mine aren't for sale. :)

Anyone tossed the 167-168 2nd Run Pinnacle Ghosts? We got some in today at the shop. These are nice and pearly with more dome. I really want one...

I've wanted to get some. I LOVE my 174-5s that have some dome on them. Just rip on them and the go straight with fade.

That is exactly what I was thinking about picking up, zj! I'll report in when I get mine (now I just need to order them tonight!)

The pearly ghosts I've seen weigh 165-169. They are more overstable then the heavier 2nd runs. There beefy and fly great.

The pearly ghosts I've seen weigh 165-169. They are more overstable then the heavier 2nd runs. There beefy and fly great.

Are they the same stiffness as the first run pinnacles?

I ask because lighter weight legacy tends to be softer. At least with patriots.

Latest posts