• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Let's talk about the Surge!

Are you a fan of the Surge?

• Total voters
My Surges absolutely crush my Champion Destroyer. It's amazing how easy this disc is to throw. I'd say they're like a faster TL, so maybe "longer Teebird" is a good description. The only discs I had that could compare were my two Wraiths. Now that I lost both Wraiths, I don't think I'm going to go back.

I have several ESP Surges (couple 174g and a 167g) and a Z Surge SS (174g). Have loved them all, I will say I have not noticed to much of a difference between my SS and other surges. But I recently picked up the 167g and man do I feel stupid for not getting a lighter one earlier, that thing just reaffirmed why I love this disc so much.

Now you know why I wanted to trade you for it. My 168 ESPs are just incredible. They just don't stop without covering an enormous amount of distance. I do reach for my Force when it gets really windy, but I can't say enough good about the Surge. I'm trying to stockpile as many as I can. I don't ever want to be without one.

I just got two ESP Surges in the misprint pack I ordered a month or so ago and I've been loving the hell out of the bright green one I've been throwing. Straight and long with a nice predictable fade.

I'm finding myself grabbing this one more and more when I'm going for distance.

I'll have to try a Doss one and an SS as well.

Love the Surge lovin! I found an ESP Surge a little over a week ago and it's already become my go-to long distance driver.

I had never considered buying one, since I figured it was too fast for me, but I really love the grip and feel of it. I think I can honestly say it's flown further for me than any disc to this point, and consistently. The thing I love about it is it flies forever, but it seems so controllable.

Now you know why I wanted to trade you for it. My 168 ESPs are just incredible. They just don't stop without covering an enormous amount of distance. I do reach for my Force when it gets really windy, but I can't say enough good about the Surge. I'm trying to stockpile as many as I can. I don't ever want to be without one.

For sure, that disc is unreal. I am pretty glad that I said no because I think I will be throwing this one instead of my 174g. Who would have thought that 7g would make such a difference.

LOVE MY SURGE! MY FIRST RUN SURGE !!!!...oh wait...i lost it in some overgrown shrubs last week... F-YOU mother nature!:mad:

Love the surge, I have to release it with quite a bit of hyzer though or it will turn and never come back on me, unless it's really wide open of course. Wouldn't compare it to the tbird, it turns over if I throw it hard.

I am wondering if I have enough power/snap/arm speed to throw this disc because it seems to fade to quickly for me.

One of my favorite drivers was my Surge ESP until tried my Surge SS ESP FLX which took over top spot as my "go to" driver.

Last edited:
One of my favorite drivers was my Surge ESP until tried my Surge SS ESP FLX which took over top spot as my "go to" driver.

I can relate to that. My FLX Surge doesn't turn over quite as easily, so it's a little better as a forehand disc.

For some reason, i dont throw discraft, ive thrown a surge before but, i wouldent buy anyhting other than innova, i dont know why =/

Am I the only one that's a little suprised by the yes to no ratio rusults of this poll. Only one person so far is not a fan. That should say alot about the surge.

bought a flx surge today to compliment the 2 nate doss surges that are in the bag, the flx is more overstable and will hold up in the wet and cold better, i can't wait to break it in

I have traded for many of mine or bought them locally, but DGC has them here.

I never noticed them as a separate Surge entry. Thanks, I'll be trying one out next order. If it is better for me than the 150 Sirius Orion LS, I'll be very happy. I really like the regular Surge already.

Latest posts