• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

I feel like Salient hasn't sent mine yet. I emailed them twice asking me to email back when it was shipped. Was hoping to try it out this weekend.

I do remember somewhere it being said they molded up similar to Karbon Lockjaws, but I can't recall if that was actually a rep from Salient or not. Either way, its a bit of a bummer that they came out pretty domey (kinda takes away the "lid" definition") but if it flies well, that's what matters.

Eager to hear your guys

I kind of remember it too but couldn't find anything on it.

One thing it has done is make that extra thickness in the rim near the flightplate not nearly as noticeable.

Just received my Liquid Metal LockJaw. HUGELY DISAPPOINTED!! Loved my Base plastic Lockjaw well the profile anyway as we all know the durability was crap. This thing is DOMEY. I mean huge pop top. Nothing like the flat base line onea. Its like a completely different disc.

Really bummed out on this waste of $20. For the Salient guys saying these molded up the same, Im calling complete BS
I got mine too and my first impression was the same. It's ugly and very domey, and the plastic feels floppy and weird. Flies great though. I was hoping for something durable and consistent for open approach shots where I can float it over the basket and have it hover down and stick. I threw a bunch of those from 80-100' and it was money. Dead straight and predictable landing. Gets out to however far your arm powers it, and just dies. Not much risk of having it roll 30 feet long, that's for damn sure. :D

I can't imagine using it for any other type of shot though. Your post has me curious to try the base plastic if it's flatter.

I've got stuff to trade if you really hate yours. Let me know.

sooooo . . . you're telling me that you can't imagine any other kind of shot that a wonderfully neutral, HSS disc could perform? other than a flat and straight shot?

:3

disappointed to hear these are domey.

I see this is lid lovers. Well I use a Zephyr on the course as well as a condor at times. Play catch with the Zephyr and an Innova Pulsar and two Innova Big Kahunas which are basically 200 gram ultimate discs. Those Big Kahunas are a blast to throw. Got mine at Marshall Street. One of the best throw and catch discs I've used as of late besides my Blizz Champ Zephyr.

Got my Lockjaw today. I don't want to sound like a Salient defender here, but either I got a really good one or you guys are greatly exagerrating the dominess of your Lockjaws. I was expecting a big ol' pop top, not a slight rise from the shoulder.

I will say, the stamp is terrible. Any other company would have ruled this an X-Out. Huse dropouts all over. I'll try and get some pics up later.

I was eager to throw it, so I tossed it back and forth with my neighbor a few times. He doesn't have good hands, so it hit asphalt quite a few times. No serious damage. Some scuffs, that's it. It does have a little less glide than Karbon Lockjaws/Tiger Line Claws, but honestly not that much. Still has good HSS while not fading too much. We were about 100 feet apart playing catch.

I like the Liquid Metal plastic. Its quite a bit more flexible than the Liquid Metal I have on my back up Vein. A little slick to start with, but I didn't have any issues catching it or throwing it with a fan grip. Most Liquid Metal has some degree of metal flake, but I couldn't really see any on my Lockjaw. The mint color is a bit odd. Those last two are purely cosmetic.

All in all, it's a durable Lockjaw that flies like a Claws/Lockjaw should. Not totally sure if it's worth the 18 bucks yet, but I am not displeased with my purchase thus far.

I'm a noob so what do I know, but I'm chucking it again today in the back yard and its consistently one of the closest to the basket and has gone in twice from around 60'. It looks and feels weird, but maybe it's all those years playing catch with old school frisbees.

I did also buy a polecat and rattler because of this thread, and those are probably headed to PIAS. If I'm going to end up bagging a lid long-term, it's this, no doubt. Ordering a Karbon too.

I see this is lid lovers. Well I use a Zephyr on the course as well as a condor at times. Play catch with the Zephyr and an Innova Pulsar and two Innova Big Kahunas which are basically 200 gram ultimate discs. Those Big Kahunas are a blast to throw. Got mine at Marshall Street. One of the best throw and catch discs I've used as of late besides my Blizz Champ Zephyr.
What weight is your zephyr? I ordered one in mid 180s because of your post. Headed to the outer banks in a couple weeks, and beach catch is most definitely on the agenda.

1not sure what weight but I had fun throwing his zep and condor. Was really surprised at the stability of both and had a chance to crush them.

Dome can be fixed. If it flies right Im in.

Not true. In my experience

I tried relentlessly with those pop top domey champ blizzard pigs from the proshop to no avail. Nothing would work, on occasion it would concave sink in (not good either) and pop back out.

An extreme pop top will have more surface area, so at some extremes it'd be impossible to get a pop top dome to flat...

Let's see a picture of these at least, and a comparison if possible from premium vs. base

I actually lost my prized Champion Zephyr not too long ago in some serious North West stickers. I got out my back up which I haven't felt in a few years and it feels different than the one I lost. :( I'm getting used to it though.

Not true. In my experience

I tried relentlessly with those pop top domey champ blizzard pigs from the proshop to no avail. Nothing would work, on occasion it would concave sink in (not good either) and pop back out.

An extreme pop top will have more surface area, so at some extremes it'd be impossible to get a pop top dome to flat...

Let's see a picture of these at least, and a comparison if possible from premium vs. base
I don't have a base but my friend does and it's much flatter...

View attachment 54374

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1436576021127.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436576021127.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 50
  • uploadfromtaptalk1436576036860.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436576036860.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Anyone else see extremely pixelated photos on the new "mobile" view? Cuz that's all I got

Thanks for posting a pic though, I'll switch back to "desktop"

I would, but my only camera right now is my phone and it doesn't have a flash. I'll try tomorrow. But the dome on the Lockjaw really really isn't that bad, I assure you. It's not a pop top by any means. At least mine isn't. And it flies like a Lockjaw/Claws should.

What weight is your zephyr? I ordered one in mid 180s because of your post. Headed to the outer banks in a couple weeks, and beach catch is most definitely on the agenda.

My blizzard Zephyr is 187. My Condor is 200. 187 is perfect in the zephyr as a toss disc and as an approach disc. It so fun to run a zephyr at the basket from a hundred or closer. You could almost outrun the disc to the basket. Lol some of my buddies call it my cheater disc. Watched Aim throw my 200 gram condor an easy 300 feet plus. Real distance, nit internet. Lol.

Latest posts